Here comes trouble!

SimDing0

Guest Guest_Bren_*

Hi All

@Domi - My computer finally died on me a few months ago. At a friend's house now and wanted to drop in to say hi...even if I didn't have my password, etc with me at the moment. Hopefully I will be back sooner than later. Take care and I'll talk to you later.

Bren

As far as I understood, we all know that, and I personally would prefer to use it, but as the syntax was started using asterisks for actions it was decided we do not go through all texts and change it... Maybe you can suggest that for phase IV. :thumbsup:

Anyone is very welcome to volounteer to do it. My main problem with () is that Edwin's and all other sotto voice speech is also shown in (). I think there were cases in BG1 where ** was used for actions (do not quote me on this). I guess the ideal would be

*actions, baby!* for actions

(now I am mumbling) for sotto voice

and 'you know what?' for emphasis

This way we do not have to redo a whole lot...

Sorry I was gone. I will respond to some of these as not all are mine.

When Imoen asked me how I was doing, why I was quiet and stuff, I noted very little reference to the fairly significant fact that my foster father just got killed by a guy in giant armour with some ogres. All my options were assuring her that I was fine and still the same guy, which is really quite limited in terms of choice. Some shaken ones would go a long way.

I'm not sure on this one...too vague of a description.

When Imoen starts her dialog in Beregost, one of my options is "seen one town, seen them all"-- I'm not sure that's appropriate. Isn't the player meant to have spent their entire life in Candlekeep? When have they seen towns before? That should probably be an available response, at least, if not a replacement.

I believe that comment was more-or-less a philosphical type one. You should at this time have obviously seen candlekeep and the small area of Friendly Amn Inn.

"Uh, Imoen, ALL your tunics are pink [...]" Except if you've changed her major colour.

:thumbsup:

Imoen closes a banter with Jaheira by saying "Later, when we get to an Inn." ...standing right in the middle of Feldepost's Inn.

Its possible to have such a dialogue responce differ if your inside/outside/in a dungeon, etc. But i don't think it can be so discriminating as to figure out if your in an inn or not.

Anyone is very welcome to volounteer to do it. My main problem with () is that Edwin's and all other sotto voice speech is also shown in (). I think there were cases in BG1 where ** was used for actions (do not quote me on this). I guess the ideal would be

*actions, baby!* for actions

(now I am mumbling) for sotto voice

and 'you know what?' for emphasis

This way we do not have to redo a whole lot...

After finishing the Ajantis romance (I mean with everything that is still missing..) I might volunteer.

Although I would like to stick to () for actions and ** for emphasis. Actually ** for emphasis is important to me, as it is *the* way of emphasising :)

I don't feel 'look at this' is much emphasised, it reads like a quote to me. :)

Jinnai: In case that was your question, it is possible to check whether the party is standing inside an inn. It is used for one of Coran's flirts.

And it should be possible to check for the colour settings (the ones the player has chosen) to check whether she is really still all in pink. Otherwise, I have to second SimDing0, the talk seems a bit out-of-place. :thumbsup:

After finishing the Ajantis romance (I mean with everything that is still missing..) I might volunteer

That would be awsome, but let us wait until content is set in stone, because sending files back and force while editing is not the best thing in the world :thumbsup:

Jinnai: In case that was your question, it is possible to check whether the party is standing inside an inn. It is used for one of Coran's flirts

Outside check will suffice though for this particular case.

I'm not sure on this one...too vague of a description.

Don't worry it's one of the Blucher's talks and I added an option to say that you are unhappy about Gorion's death plus we have your big talk at Gorion's grave, so I am pretty sure we have Gorion's demise adequately covered :)

As for her pink clothes, I think it is generally accepted that she likes pink, pink as her favorite color is quoted throught the mod AND the statement occurs in the PC's OPTION so I see no grounds for changing anything there.

Archived