The civil thread about racism and fantasy worlds.

Jarno Mikkola

On 6/17/2022 at 3:33 PM, Thacobell said:

Jarno's issue is a misunderstanding of descendants in taxonomy. Ducks are not monophylitic (share a single common ancestor) and thus are divided into many subgroups, but these subgroups all fall under the family "Anatidae." Mallards (domestic ducks) are very NEARLY monophylitic, but can still be subdivided if you really want to take a fine tooth comb to it. Ducks as a group are not a species, they are a form taxon. The scientific version of "If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, etc."

Erhm, my issue with your definition of taxonomy is this, your duck is not a real specie, while it's a taxonomy class...
So when one goes to a market, and buy a duck brest, they get it from this species: Duck, in almost white fethers ets, unlike very much a mallard.

Also, the "domestic" in the up above quote, hows that even possible, cause if you look at the mallards distribution, you'll see this map, in wikipedia:
N-ytt-kuva-2022-06-22-132853.jpg
At where I don't think there's a single contry only in(as in there's several), so how can that be called domestic, cause it flies to south in the fall and then north in the spring, for seasonal purposes. Now if it's a duck, it stays on the farm it's housed in and no where ealse, as it has been domesticated.

1 hour ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Erhm, my issue with your definition of taxonomy is this, your duck is not a real specie, while it's a taxonomy class...

I literally said this.

I've done more moderation in the past two months than I've done in the past five years. G3 is a place where we can make mods--every single one of these threads takes away time from projects that I (and the fellow staff) would rather--much rather--be spending time on.

I have done my best to impress upon the posters here that G3 is moderated the way it is because I trust users to behave and, if and when they misbehave, to show some contrition (and intelligence) about it. It's pretty clear that we have a small but active minority who are doing their best to demonstrate my trust is misplaced.

8 hours ago, InThePineways said:

Silly chimps.

I don't think so, thing is, the chimp does what it needs to, to get fed. They are victoms of an abuse, but then again, they wouldn't exist if they were not. Yes, the chicken and the egg problem. Which reminds me, that relationship is also really bad, with us humans. But then again, I need to feed my bacteria in my gut to get something out of it, and having blood in there doesn't help... yeah, it's that bad. So ... who's the real victom here ?
In the inevitable end, you'll see, it's: No one.