Issues with item icons

Sam.

51 minutes ago, Andrea C. said:

If I understand correctly, AI scaling would simply upscale the icon, say, 4X then you’d downsize it to fit your purpose (in this case, 125% of the original size). There shouldn’t be a need to handle anti-aliasing separately at all.

Unless you can disable anti-aliasing, the colors of the icon will blend with the background color (green) to detrimental effect, i.e. your new icon will have a halo of non-transparent green pixels around it.

It's not a technical format issue but a practical issue. Even if one would feed shadowless assets with transparent background, the edges will still turn out weird because transparency doesn't provide enough data to the neural network and this assumes the issue ends up limited only to the edges and doesn't ruin the entire icon because of it's smaller size.

1 hour ago, Andrea C. said:

Would the BAM converted to PNG still have a green background? A PNG picture should be able to have a proper transparent background, and I don’t believe AI scalers can accept BAM files as input.

Transparent pixels in an PNG still have a color.  They would either be transparent green, or default to transparent black.  I use ImageMagick which for most resizing operators use anti-aliasing.  My solution is to make the background transparent black, resize it, and then threshold the transparency:  any pixel with transparency below a specified threshold become the background (green) color, and any pixel with transparency above the threshold becomes fully opaque.  The best threshold varies from file to file, and the results aren't perfect.  IFF the AI scaler supports transparency, you might could do something similar.  There are other techniques you could employ, but they become increasingly complex.

Also keep in mind that part of the magic of how the IA scaler produces such good results is by injecting more colors than were in the original image.  For a BAM, you'll have to axe them back down to a total of just 256.

59 minutes ago, Andrea C. said:

Interesting. Might be worth trying one icon just to see how it turns out. 

Please do.  I'm very interested in the result.

Thanks you for your hard work on these project.  I prefered the option number 1. Finally, all the item's shadows has the same black colour . Rings, amulet, bracers,  etc - all these stuff are displaying consistently in the inventory. I’m looking forward to bg2+tob revamped icons.

Do you have plan to remade inventory icons from bg 1&2 enhanced editions/1pp.

On 5/16/2022 at 8:36 PM, lefreut said:

I don't know if it's the right place to post this, but the BG2EE Conjure Lesser Fire Elemental scroll icon (scrl6x) colors seems off compared to the same icon in BGEE/SoD or to the other Conjure scrolls.

And same thing with the Hold Undead scroll icon (SPWI324A).

On 5/19/2022 at 8:57 PM, Sam. said:

All yes plus oBG2, with the caveat that I make no promises on time-frame.

Please allow me to ask you how long do we have to wait for your excellent work to be completed?

I appreciate you taking the time to redone these bam files.

3 hours ago, Parys said:

Please allow me to ask you how long do we have to wait for your excellent work to be completed?

I appreciate you taking the time to redone these bam files.

I kind of got burnt out on it and needed to take a break, but it has been a good while since then so I'll see about bumping it back up on the priority list.