problems with Mod order and mod conflicts

I am currently modding my enhanced editions and legacy bg trilogy, since i intend to playthru bg trilogy, and then play a new character thru enhanced 1 --> enhanced 2. i run into some problems with installing mods. how do I know the correct order to instal mods and whether there are conflicts? are there mod managers? is there a general rule for mod installation order?

and do you mind taking a look at my mod order for

bgt:

bgt
bg2fixpack
bg1unfinished business

unfinished business
tweak anthology
1pp
bgt bgm
wide screen
the bigg biffing

bg1ee and bg2 ee:

ee

dlc merge

classic bg ui

BGEE Classic Movies

convenient EE NPC

bg1 unfinished business

tweak anthology

ee2

acsension

wheel of prophecy

bgee classic movies

convenient ee npcs

bg unfinished business

tweak anthology

ps: how do i install tobex? in what order should i install tobex along with other mods?

Edited by jacklhoward
1 hour ago, Greenhorn said:

Before I say anything else what  is exactly bgt bgm? Something about music?

its the default little mod  that comes with bgt, which installs the bg1 soundtracks into the game. it is required for the bgm of bg1 part of the game to behave properly.

I see. Well after you install BGT ( I'm little rusty as I used various managers for automated install, luckily you have relatively small number of mods) you should download and install Tobex. Great mod/utility which you will have to study ( read README) to see which options work best for you. After that fixpack, then 1pp followed by unfinished businesses. After that relevant Anthology components, widescreen and biffing. I'm unsure for music though, perhaps right after BGT. If I'm wrong ( BGT in BWS guide is installed somewhat later after Tobex and fixpack but I don't think it will matter much in your case) somebody with more recent memory of manually installing BGT is welcome to correct me. 

As for EE there I'm beginner but I would say that convenient EE NPC's should go last at both parts. 

28 minutes ago, Greenhorn said:

I see. Well after you install BGT ( I'm little rusty as I used various managers for automated install, luckily you have relatively small number of mods) you should download and install Tobex. Great mod/utility which you will have to study ( read README) to see which options work best for you. After that fixpack, then 1pp followed by unfinished businesses. After that relevant Anthology components, widescreen and biffing. I'm unsure for music though, perhaps right after BGT. If I'm wrong ( BGT in BWS guide is installed somewhat later after Tobex and fixpack but I don't think it will matter much in your case) somebody with more recent memory of manually installing BGT is welcome to correct me. 

As for EE there I'm beginner but I would say that convenient EE NPC's should go last at both parts. 

thx. also what are some managers that can do automated install and sorting these days?

12 minutes ago, jacklhoward said:

thx. also what are some managers that can do automated install and sorting these days?

That is a sad and tragic story and I don't want to burden you with it at the moment. :p You can try Alien's Project Infinity but you will not need it if those listed above are all the mods you wish to play. 

17 hours ago, Greenhorn said:

. I'm unsure for music though, perhaps right after BGT. If I'm wrong ( BGT in BWS guide is installed somewhat later after Tobex and fixpack but I don't think it will matter much in your case) somebody with more recent memory of manually installing BGT is welcome to correct me. 

Well that somebody will be me. :D Completely forgot that Tobex ( and some other mods ) patches game exe so best install order would be Tobex, Fixpack, BGT with music and then the rest. 

22 hours ago, jacklhoward said:

ps: how do i install tobex? in what order should i install tobex along with other mods?

You would install this into the BGT-weidu game, not to the EE game. For that, there's EEEX.
Good work Greenhorn.

2 hours ago, jastey said:

The discussion was about BGT.

Hmm. Meaning ? Cause it's actually about BGT-weidu and EET. BOTH. At least we hope no one uses the very old version of non-weidu BGT. Yes, read it again, and you can see that the original poster want to have both a BGT game and a EET game.

And yes, I was away and we'll see if I am back.

13 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Hmm. Meaning ? Cause it's actually about BGT-weidu and EET. BOTH. At least we hope no one uses the very old version of non-weidu BGT. Yes, read it again, and you can see that the original poster want to have both a BGT game and a EET game.

And yes, I was away and we'll see if I am back.

Ah, in that case I failed to warn him that he doesn't need two "convenient EE NPC" copies of the same mod. Entirely my fault. Silly me. MEA CULPA. :p

19 minutes ago, Greenhorn said:

Ah, in that case I failed to warn him that he doesn't need two "convenient EE NPC" copies of the same mod. Entirely my fault. Silly me. MEA CULPA. :p

...hmm, are you ... yes, you are saying he/she doesn't know that the EET exists ! You should thell tehm... not sorry for the tipies.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola
9 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

...hmm, are you ... yes, you are saying he/she doesn't know that the EET exists ! You should thell tehm... not sorry for the tipies.

♪ Staay on these rooaads ♫. Oh on the second glance it seems he plans to install two copies of "bgee classic movies" too. We should warn him of that ! But seriously, great you are back. :)

7 minutes ago, Greenhorn said:

♪ Staay on these rooaads ♫. Oh on the second glance it seems he plans to install two copies of "bgee classic movies" too. We should warn him of that ! But seriously, great you are back. :)

But that's OK, if one uses it to two different game, like it's intended. But as we talk about the EET, there's a need to install the BG1EEwith the Siege of the Dragon Spear DLC plus Modmerger, and the BG2EE... but after those steps, on just needs to install the EET ontop of the BG2EE and then install all the things on that... basically. Which then allows the complete uninstallation of the BG1EE game.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola