Tweaks Anthology v15 Released

The Tweaks Anthology is a WeiDU compilation of nearly 200 components of cosmetic changes, house rules, and other tweaks. Some of these were fan requests, others are needed changes, and others simply make dealing with the more irritating aspects of the game engine easier. Each component can be installed separately so the player can pick and choose only which ones they wish to install.

Version 15 features four new components, updated French and Russian translations, and some bugfixes.

New Components in v15:

Remove "+x" From Unique Item Names
BGEE, BG2EE, EET

The Enhanced Editions change the name of a number of items to match their given, unique name from their description, e.g. the "Bastard Sword +1,+3 vs. Shapeshifters" was changed to "Kondar +1". However, the +1 that was added to the names has always bothered me: "Kondar +1" implies, to me at least, the existence of "Kondar +2" or other Kondars. This component simply removes the "+x" from uniquely named items, turning "Kondar +1" into "Kondar". Note that this will not affect items with actual variations: "Carsomyr +5" will not be renamed because it can be upgraded to "Carsomyr +6".

Alter Wisdom-Based Divine Bonus Spell Table
All games except IWD2

Higher wisdom scores provide bonus spells for divine casters such as clerics or druids. This component allows the player to pick between two options: a table faithful to PnP (and used in PsT) or the current table used in all of the other games. A comparison of the tables is available.

Thieves Can Backstab With More Weapons With "Use Any Item"
BG2EE,EET

A thief's ability to use a weapon for backstabbing is tied to whether or not a single-class thief can use an item. This means that even after a thief gains access to the High Level Ability Use Any Item (UAI), they are still unable to use some weapons for backstabbing even though they should otherwise be allowed. For example thieves can use ninja-tōs to backstab, but can't backstab with the Ninjatō of the Scarlet Brotherhood even though they can use it with UAI. Using new functionality in the EEs, this component keeps the current restrictions (a thief can't use the Ninjatō of the Scarlet Brotherhood until they get UAI), but once they can use it, it can be used for backstabbing.

Note that this makes the Staff of the Magi (SotM) available for backstabbing. To prevent abusing the SotM's invisbility-on-equip for multiple backstabs, one additional change is made to the item: a successful melee attack (including backstabbing) will prevent the wielder from re-entering invisibility until a round has passed.

Restore IWD Tooltips
IWDEE

This component replaces the existing, explicit IWDEE creature tooltips (typically the proper name of an NPC) with the more ambiguous tooltips that were used in the original (typically a physical description). For example, Arundel used the tooltip "Old Man" in the original IWD instead of the explicit "Arundel" that he uses in IWDEE. Some other examples are available in the Tweaks gallery.

Complete Version 15 Changelog

"Anything less than immortality is a complete waste of time."

• New components:
    • Remove "+x" From Unique Item Names
    • Alter Wisdom-Based Divine Bonus Spell Table
    • Thieves Can Backstab With More Weapons With "Use Any Item"
    • Restore IWD Tooltips
  • Updated French translation, courtesy of mickabouille
  • Updated Russian translation, courtesy of yota13 and arcanecoast.ru
  • Fixed an issue with text encoding, which could cause messed-up characters to appear for non-English players
  • Remove Helmet Animations now remove helmet animations in a substantially cleaner fashion on EE games. This was also used for Allow Monks to Wear Helmets so that human monk animations can still be used whether or not Remove Helmet Animations is installed (on the EEs, at least)
  • Addressed minor incompatibility between Remove Racial Restrictions for Single Classes and The Artisan's Kitpack, in that the former would overwrite the custom half-orc monk paperdoll from the latter
  • The Universal Clubs component was looking along the wrong path for translation files, meaning most clubs did not get their descriptions properly updated
  • Increase Party Movement Speed and/or Casting Speed Outside of Combat [argent77] should have better detection for pseudo-party members such as familiars or 'companion' NPCs
  • Fixed bad shadows on the new icons for the Magma Bulwark and the Ring of Human Influence as part of Unique Icons [Lava]
  • Unique Icons [Lava] now has the option to override existing, unique icons or to preserve them
  • Fixed a bug with the Friendly Random Drops component, specifically, the Choose your drop variant. The handful of random items that were actually wielded by enemies were being swapped, but done in such a way that the enemy was not dropping a token and also attacking barehanded.
  • Send BioWare NPCs to an Inn was still allowing Neera and Rasaad to depart as normal
  • NPCs Don't Fight will now prevent having to choose between Rasaad and Viconia in Rasaad's Throne of Bhaal quest
  • Adjust Cromwell's Forging Time was adjusting the time correctly on EE games, but it would default back to the original time if the forging cutscene was skipped by the player

There seems to be a couple of issues related to Edwin's amulet with respect to the Removable NPC Items component installed on BGT, as tested after recruiting level 1 Edwin in Nashkel:

1. In the inventory screen, it appears that Edwin should not be able to use the amulet; it has a light red background surrounding the icon.  The amulet is indeed droppable, but cannot be re-equipped, apparently due to his insufficient wisdom.
  2. This component appears to modify the amulet such that it grants 2 additional spell slots during the BG phase of the game.  When this component is uninstalled, his amulet (BGMISC89.itm) grants only 1 additional spell slot, which is arguably more appropriate for the BG portion of the game.

Weidu.log for completeness:

Spoiler

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #100 // TobEx - Core: v28
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #101 // Apply Concentration Check On Damage [WIP]: v28
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #102 // Awaken On Damage: v28
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #103 // Blindness As Spell Description: v28
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #104 // Disable Stoneskin Grey Colour [C]: v28
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #105 // No Spell Interruption On Zero Damage: v28
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #106 // Use Caster Level On Mirror Image [C]: v28
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #107 // Allow All Races to Dual Class: v28
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #109 // Disable Experience Boost: v28
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #111 // Disable Silence On Charm: v28
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #112 // Level One Proficiency Restrictions: v28
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #113 // Remain Hidden On Pickpocket Success [C]: v28
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #115 // Dialogue Greeting Subtitles: v28
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #116 // Enable Animation Attack Sounds: v28
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #117 // Universal Four Inventory Weapon Slots: v28
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #118 // Subtitles For Standard Soundsets: v28
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #119 // Remove all race-class restrictions: v28
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #120 // Drop Inventory on Disintegrate: v28
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #121 // Drop Inventory on Frozen Death: v28
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #122 // Drop Inventory on Stone Death: v28
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #123 // Enable Auto-Pause On All Screens: v28
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #124 // Make All Attack Animations Genuine Attacks: v28
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1001 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update -> GTU Classic (from Baldurdash, by Kevin Dorner): v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!): v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #114 // Change Free Action to Protect Against Stun: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #115 // Paws from Shapeshifting Can Not Be Dispelled: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #116 // Remove Thieving Start Bonuses from Bard and Ranger Skills: v13
~BGT/BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core: v1.21
~BGT/BGT.TP2~ #0 #3 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Music -> Full Baldur's Gate/Shadows of Amn/Throne of Bhaal Music (WARNING: patches BGMain.exe): v1.21
~TXTMUSIC/TXTMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Restored Textscreen Music for BG1TuTu, EasyTutu, and BGT-WeiDU: 9 (22 Mar 13)
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4180 // Removable NPC Items: v15

An ongoing issue with Disable Portrait Icons Added by Equipped Items --

If the Girdle of Masculinity/Femininity (Girdle of Gender) is identified by a merchant, and the Girdle in clicked on in your inventory (to move it, or read the item's description), the whole game locks up.

If the Girdle is identified by a party member, the lockup doesn't occur.  This is the only item I've found that triggers this specific behavior.

Edited by Axatax

Hello,

Selphira from the French forum La Couronne de Cuivre, identified a warning in the setup-cdtweaks .tp2 file :

WARNING : No rule to identify ENHANCED_EDITION

So she proposes to replace the lines as follows !

For component 4050, string 13980.

PATCH_IF GAME_IS enhanced_edition BEGIN .../should become/... PATCH_IF enhanced_edition BEGIN

For component 4080, string 14304.

ACTION_IF GAME_IS enhanced_edition BEGIN .../should become/... ACTION_IF enhanced_edition BEGIN

Thank you for this very valuable mod...

Something confusing that happened that is related to a Tweak component, so I'll report it here.

Playing with the 100% chance to learn spells from scrolls tweak (with the maximum spells per level cap intact), something I use regularly and as far as I recall without issue. Playing with a few other mods (Ascension, Iwdification, other tweaks from Tweaks Anthology SCS, TotLM for BG2, Lore from Books - and for the first time I used a UI mod, DragonspearUI++)

Stole a number of scrolls from the merchant in Waukeen's promenade and gave them to my FMC main character to learn. One of them, when I clicked learn, gave me the "Failed to copy spell scroll..." message. It also made the "success" noise, and the spell was still copied to my spellbook and received the expected amount of experience for learning. I did briefly question my sanity that the message box had displayed, but I'm quite sure.

First time I've seen something like this happen with the tweak installed, and although it is mostly a cosmetic issue, it was briefly confusing. Not an expert, but my guess was that the modded UI is potentially an issue here, since it was the message box displaying the wrong message rather than the spell actually failing to be learned, but thought I'd flag here as a potential issue.

Guest Ascalyon

Hi,

First of all, thank you so much to everyone how continue to update such a great and essential mod.

In v15, the Remove Helmet Animation does not seem to work with any of the cleric sprites. This was tested on a clean install of BG2EE.

Cheers!

Guest Ascalyon
44 minutes ago, CamDawg said:

Thanks for the bug report! I fixed this a few months back, it just hasn't made it's way into a release yet.

Thank you for your answer and for the fix! I'm sorry I didn't see it before posting. I don't know Github very well yet. 😅

Have a good Sunday!