Werebane+1 has an enchantment level of 2, probably should be 1

Sword of Balduran however does have such an inconsistency. It has a base +1 Enchantment, it should be 0.  The only enchantment should be vs. Lycanthropes.

If it were possible, it's [Magical, Silver, Cold-Iron] attributes should also ONLY apply vs. Lycanthropes.  It's not magical, just gold.

The description ( "This ornate but poorly balanced weapon was found within the wreck of Balduran's ship. Gold weapons are not known to be useful in combat..." ) implies it to be some manner of ceremonial weapon, only useful because it's made of gold ( "legends say that only weapons forged of gold can harm such dread creatures as the loup garou." ).

Is there any mechanical difference between enchantment zero and enchantment 1? Absolutely everything in the series that's vulnerable to +1 magical weapons is also vulnerable to +0 magical weapons.

But yeah, if Bala's Axe and various arrows can be +0 magic weapons, the (gold) Sword of Balduran should be too.

19 hours ago, RoyalProtector said:

Maybe a "wild" edit by Scales of Balance,

Yes - the "standardize weapon enchantments" component sets the enchantment level for purposes of what creatures can be harmed (but does not change mechanical thac0/damage effects) on all magical weaponry that has unique names/lore.

Huh... I didn't install that component...

Perhaps the SCS component which changes +1 weapons to "fine" weapons did something it shouldn't be doing. Not sure. I'd have to reinstall the game to check which one does it, but I'm not going to do that anytime soon.

Edited by RoyalProtector