Version 16 of The Tweaks Anthology Now Available

For Icewind Dale II, components "Use Character Colors Instead of Item Colors", "Separate Resist Fire/Cold Icon into Separate Icons", and "Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight" seem to clash with Weimer's IWD2 Ease of Use, they all fail to install (but do just fine if Ease of Use is not present).

Guest sokipdx

Hi all,

First time playing IWDEE (on Amazon Games if that matters) and I'm trying to use the following mods below. The two mods that don't seem to be working are "Store Purchase All Item Types" and "Rest Anywhere". I can't rest in Kulduhar and the example given in the readme says I should be able to sell more than just potions to Oswald in Kulduhar, but I still can't. Any help? Thanks!

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Icewind Dale NPCs: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #220 // Enhanced Overlays for Colorblind Players [Fouinto]: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1100 // Reveal City Maps When Entering Area: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Weapon Styles for All: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2220 // Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2500 // Exceptional Strength Weight Limit Changes [sarevok57]: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Increase Ammo Stack Size -> Unlimited ammo stacking: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Increase Jewelry, Gem, and Miscellaneous Item Stacks -> Unlimited jewelry, gem, and miscellaneous item stacking: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Increase Potion Stacking -> Unlimited potion stacking: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Increase Scroll Stacking -> Unlimited scroll stacking: v16
// Recently Uninstalled: ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3205 // Stores Purchase All Item Types: v16
// Recently Uninstalled: ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3345 // Increase Party Movement Speed and/or Casting Speed Outside of Combat [argent77] -> Movement speed by 150 percent and casting speed: v16
// Recently Uninstalled: ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Items [icelus]: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3205 // Stores Purchase All Item Types: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3345 // Increase Party Movement Speed and/or Casting Speed Outside of Combat [argent77] -> Movement speed by 150 percent and casting speed: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3190 // Rest Anywhere [japheth]: v16

On 6/9/2023 at 11:09 AM, khelban12 said:

The above commit improved the code to use a regular expression instead of searching for a huge string but, as you see,  it also changed "Head" to "Wait". My version of the game (fully patched but old TOB version that installs to BGII - SoA directory) has DisplayStringHead, so, as you understand, the code doesn't replace anything.

I've changed this to match either for the next version.

On 8/31/2023 at 10:23 PM, Daulmakan said:

For Icewind Dale II, components "Use Character Colors Instead of Item Colors", "Separate Resist Fire/Cold Icon into Separate Icons", and "Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight" seem to clash with Weimer's IWD2 Ease of Use, they all fail to install (but do just fine if Ease of Use is not present).

The Randomized Treasure (mix up items with similar costs) component from Weimer's EoU seems to corrupt item indices, which means any all-item tweak could potentially fail. Since it's a randomized component, which specific item fails will shift each time--the first time it failed on 00ax1h04, and (after re-randomizing) it failed on 00amul15.

There's not really a lot I can do from my end.

On 9/19/2023 at 10:25 PM, testlum said:

Choosing the 40 stack limit for ammo seems to set it to 80 instead.

This may be due to a bad assumption on my part. The ammo stacking component (and all of the other stacking components) filter to the targeted items and then basically make two checks: is the item already stackable and, if so, is the selected stack size larger than the current one. IFF both of these conditions are met will it make the change. I'm assuming you're on the EEs, where e.g. the default arrow stack is 80: the component sees the current stack size is larger and therefore doesn't make any changes.

I've always thought that folks would never want to downsize the stack sizes but, given that some players may want oBG or oBG2 behavior, this may not be an accurate assumption. I'd appreciate any feedback on this from you, or anyone else.

On 10/10/2023 at 7:11 AM, Guest sokipdx said:

First time playing IWDEE (on Amazon Games if that matters) and I'm trying to use the following mods below. The two mods that don't seem to be working are "Store Purchase All Item Types" and "Rest Anywhere". I can't rest in Kulduhar and the example given in the readme says I should be able to sell more than just potions to Oswald in Kulduhar, but I still can't. Any help? Thanks!

The resting issue is fixed.

For Oswald, I'm unable to repro--his store gets adjusted properly AFAICT. Is there a particular item that wasn't working? Was this from a game where you had already visited his store?

On 10/13/2023 at 6:30 PM, kijikun said:

Most likely a stupid question but is there a reason the non silly faster chap 1&2 is available for EET or is that built into EET and I'm just missing where its noted?

This looks like an oversight on my part and is corrected for the next version. Originally the component didn't touch EET and BGT since they both added a lot of code to shepherd the transition between the BG and BG2 content. However, this was resolved and should have been enabled for both versions of the component. The silly/non-silly use the same base code to match-and-replace, differing only in what they insert in place of the removed bits of cutscene. If silly works, non-silly works as well.

I've always thought that folks would never want to downsize the stack sizes but, given that some players may want oBG or oBG2 behavior, this may not be an accurate assumption. I'd appreciate any feedback on this from you, or anyone else.

Funnily enough, after playing for a while, I was rather glad that the change didn't take place. Having 80 was just more convenient. I just thought I'd report it in case the behaviour was unintended.

Edited by testlum
On 10/23/2023 at 5:22 PM, CamDawg said:

The Randomized Treasure (mix up items with similar costs) component from Weimer's EoU seems to corrupt item indices, which means any all-item tweak could potentially fail. Since it's a randomized component, which specific item fails will shift each time--the first time it failed on 00ax1h04, and (after re-randomizing) it failed on 00amul15.

There's not really a lot I can do from my end.

And as a follow-up, I can do something about this if I put out a new version of IWD Ease-of-Use. This is resolved as of the new testing version of EoU.

These were from installing mods for BG1EE:

1.  For the Bardic Reputation Adjustment component: 

I installed the BG1 NPC Project mod before the Tweak Anthology.  I skipped (i.e., did not install) the Bardic Reputation Adjustment component in BG1 NPC Project because I planned to install the component in the Tweak Anthology later.  When I got to installing the Tweak Anthology, the mod skipped the Bardic Reputation Adjustment and did not give me the option to install that component (as if BG1 NPC Project had already installed it even though I had skipped it.)

2.  For the Taerom Makes Additional Ankheg Armor component:

I installed the More ankheg armors by Taerom component in Tweaks and Tricks mod for BG2, (before the Tweak Anthology.)  The Tweak Anthology did not detect the same/similar component from Tweaks and Tricks had already been installed, and gave me the option to install it again, which I did. I have no idea how these mod component interact internally, but I am thinking Taerom's dialogue later might duplicate the same option, i.e., the same dialogue might show the same/similar option twice (to make additional  ankheg armor.)

Edited by ktchong