Version 16 of The Tweaks Anthology Now Available

5 minutes ago, ktchong said:

me the option to install that component (as if I had already installed it.)

This is likely a mismatch of the component numbers. Were both of the mods the newest versions available ?

These are the versions I installed (in these order):

BG1 NPC Project: v32, released on 2023-Aug-02 (also has the Bardic Reputation Adjustment component)

• Tweaks and Tricks: v8.29 released on 2023-Sep-23 (also has a component for Taerom to make more ankheg armor)

• Tweak Anthology: v16.

Are you guys all re-using the same components, or are those components that do the same things but written by different people?

Edited by ktchong

I am backtracking to uninstall, rearrange/reorder and reinstall the three (and other) mods.  It would be nice if CDTweaks have options to remove all  installed components from each category.   Many other WeiDU mods give users the options to "skip all components that are not yet installed" and then "remove all the installed components", so that users can more easily backtrack, uninstall, rearrange, reorder and reinstall mods...

... especially because Tweak Anthology is such a big mod with so many components.   It is a hassle to have to go through every component/option one by one to remove them.

Edited by ktchong
11 hours ago, ktchong said:

Tweaks and Tricks: v8.29 released on 2023-Sep-23 (also has a component for Taerom to make more ankheg armor)

Tweak Anthology: v16.

Are you guys all re-using the same components, or are those components that do the same things but written by different people?

Different people sometimes have the idea to do the same thing independently. Or one version already exists, but someone thinks they could do it better. There are multiple versions of this, scroll caster level tweaks, fine/masterwork weapons, 2-handed axes, trap detection, innate Sequencers, non-bouncing Lightning Bolts, thieving/casting in armor… the list goes on and on, and on, and on. 

Honestly, it’s really on the player to avoid installing mods that very obviously modify the same part of the game. (That’s why I think modders should use fairly specific component names, to make it as obvious as possible. (That’s why I’ve criticized Tweaks/SCS for using vague names for their werewolf shapeshifting components.))

And speaking of the readme, Bardic Reputation Adjustment is oBG-only, which is covered in the readme. It's a special version, adapted (with permission from BG1 NPC) for oBG in the old BG Tweak Pack since BG1 NPC isn't available for oBG. For platforms where BG1 NPC is available (e.g. everything that includes BG that's not oBG) Tweaks defers to BG1 NPC.

I'll add an exclusion for TnT's Taerom component.