Morpheus562's Kitpack

Guest morpheus562

Hey Morphy-Morph.

Don't these two components do the exact same thing?

1103: Install Stormlord Multiclass Kit for Fighter/Druids -> Do NOT assign kit to Jaheira

1100: [Install Stormlord Multiclass Kit for Fighter/Druids]

Both mean we install the kit without giving it to Jaheira, right?

Cool idea - I just finished a reinstall with skills-and-abilities, so it'll probably be a bit before I try this one.

Are the listed kits completed, or WIP?

Do you have any more kit ideas?  Currently there doesn't seem to be much overlap with Artisan's Kitpack kits (nice!) - are you keeping any other common kit packs in mind as you dev with an eye for uniqueness?

Good job on splitting this from Skills and Abilities, makes installing it much more convenient.

First impressions:

Psi Warrior: I like it. A mix of abilities giving bigger numbers and some hard to quantify utility. I would want to actually use it before recommending any changes, but my first impression is that Telekinetic Movement and Telekinetic Master, the unique things the kit can do, the player won't get to use very often.

Eldritch Scion: I like it too. Strong advantages and strong drawbacks. An elegant implementation of a fighter/sorcerer multi.

Rashemaar Berserker: A trueclass ranger that trades access to heavy armor for berserker rage. Functional, but I must object for one very petty reason: "full plate and packing steel" is one of Minsc's lines. Him being unable to wear full plate bothers me. In the case of Minsc specifically, I don't think it would break the balance of bg2 to just replace his innate rage with  berserker rage. Korgan would still have some considerable advantages over him.

Champion of the Wild: I am not a fan. It's a ranger pretending to be a paladin, with lots of free damage in a game where damage is already high enough that people can solo Legacy of Bhaal with warriors. Melee damage from dex is just rewarding the player further for having high stats they want to have high anyway, very different from the Psi Warrior's Psionic Striker which runs off a stat players otherwise wouldnt care about getting over 16, and needs to be used every round so it is much harder to stack with HLAs. Plenty strong, but in my eyes equally unnecessary.

Battle Master: Despite its name, it looks much more inspired by the Champion (or Brute) than the Battle Master. The 5e Battle Master had a pool of abilities that offered control, utility, and damage. This Battle Master can cast improved haste on himself in exchange for being limited to 2handers. It's a very strong ability, especially for how early you get it and how often it can be used, but I don't think your kit lives up to its namesake. Granted, implementing into bg2 something closer in ability to the battle master would take a fair amount of work, but I honestly think your Psi Warrior kit is closer to it than your Battle Master.

Shield Breaker: I'm not sure I'd ever play with it, but it works. The name and description makes me think of the historical Forlorn Hope, who tended to carry large two-handed weapons to break shield walls and other formations. A pity you've already exhausted your budget for 2hander-focused kits. The passive ability of course favors more attacks, which favors dual wielding (like everything else does). Sunder is very strong, though I think it could stand to have its damage scale a bit. I also think it would be fine for this kit to have access to shields.

Sunder is also the kind of ability I would want the Battle Master to have in its toolbox, though as-is Sunder is probably too strong for how often it can be used.

Stormlord: Enough free damage makes up for any weapon restrictions, and the Stormlord gets more than enough to manage until the elemental transformation HLAs. I'd actually consider going with darts, which getting 4-12 extra damage from the kit complements their very high base APR. The electrical resistance is nice to have, probably an upgrade from the regular druid resists on a multi which would take a very long time to get them. Jaheira might be the one exception since she gets electric immunity from her harper pin.

This is strong, but I'm not sure why it exists as all. Talos is as far from balance and harmony as possible, and we already have a cleric kit for priests of talos. I think this would make much more sense as a fighter/cleric kit with access to a few thematic spells that clerics don't normally have, like call lightning.

Edited by Fishmalk

@morpheus562

Stormlord kit can't choose Polearm proficiency while using "Skills and Abilities - Update Weapon Fighting Styles".2022-11-05.thumb.jpg.ae0a7818b59a5fe9b4074be6bcd41583.jpg

My install orders are as below

Spoiler

EET:0;Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Trilogy (EET) - EET core (resource importation)
eefixpack:0;eefixpack - Core Fixes
dragonspear_ui++:1;Dragonspear UI++ - Install SoD GUI Overhaul Core Component
dragonspear_ui++:2;Dragonspear UI++ - Add Transparent Tooltip Background
dragonspear_ui++:3;Dragonspear UI++ - Update several strings in Dialog.tlk
dragonspear_ui++:5;Dragonspear UI++ - 2
dragonspear_ui++:10;Dragonspear UI++ - Update portrait Picker
dragonspear_ui++:11;Dragonspear UI++ - Fix Blurry Portraits
HiddenGameplayOptions:0;Reveal Hidden Gameplay Options - Install all Hidden Gameplay Options at once
EEex:0;EEex - EEex
EEex:1;EEex - Enable effect menu module - LShift-on-hover to view spells affecting creature
EEex:2;EEex - Enable timer module - Visual indicators for modal actions, contingencies, and spell/item cooldowns
EEex:3;EEex - Timer module - Show modal actions (red bar)
EEex:4;EEex - Timer module - Show contingencies (green bar)
EEex:5;EEex - Timer module - Show spell/item cooldowns (cyan bar)
B3-BubbsSpellMenuExtended-Main;Bubb's Spell Menu Extended - Bubb's Spell Menu Extended
bubb_disable_stoneskin_color:0;bubb_disable_stoneskin_color - Bubb's v2.6+ Disable Stoneskin Color
//
D2_WORKSHOP_KITS;The Workshop Kitpack - The Workshop Kitpack
D2_WORKSHOP_ITEMS;The Workshop Kitpack - Misc item pack
Morpheus562sKitpackStormlord1;Morpheus562's Kitpack - Assign kit to Jaheira (Spear Focus)
Morpheus562sKitpackStormlord4;Morpheus562's Kitpack - Install Stormlord Multiclass Kit for Fighter/Druids
SkillsAndAbilitiesDI1;Skills and Abilities - Add Detect Illusion for Wizard Slayer
SkillsAndAbilitiesDI2;Skills and Abilities - Replace Inquisitor True Seeing for Detect Illusion Skill
SkillsAndAbilitiesInquisitor1;Skills and Abilities - Allow Inquisitor Kit to Cast Divine Spells
SkillsAndAbilitiesTurnUndead;Skills and Abilities - Turn Undead Overhaul
SkillsAndAbilitiesNewHLA;Skills and Abilities - Add New HLAs for ALL Classes and Kits
SkillsAndAbilitiesWeapStyle;Skills and Abilities - Update Weapon Fighting Styles
SkillsAndAbilitiesNewProf3;Skills and Abilities - NWN2 Style Proficiency Progression
SkillsAndAbilitiesSTR;Skills and Abilities - 2H Weapon Additional Strength Bonus

EET_end:0;Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Trilogy (EET) - End - Standard installation