Morpheus562's Kitpack

@morpheus562 Brilliant work!

Would you consider reworking the kits from IWD2?

I would be most interested in the Mercenary Kit

MERCENARY: Mercenaries are soldiers who sell their services to the highest bidder. Traveling great distances in harsh conditions for coin and fame, the mercenary is a man or woman who must master a variety of weapons and styles to satisfy his or her employer's needs.

Advantages:

* Two extra proficiency slots at 1st level.

* One extra proficiency slot at 6th level.

* Carry weight increased by 50%.

Disadvantages:

* Unable to start with Weapon Specialization.

* Unable to achieve Grand Mastery in a weapon.

2 hours ago, a.greene said:

@morpheus562 Brilliant work!

Would you consider reworking the kits from IWD2?

I would be most interested in the Mercenary Kit

MERCENARY: Mercenaries are soldiers who sell their services to the highest bidder. Traveling great distances in harsh conditions for coin and fame, the mercenary is a man or woman who must master a variety of weapons and styles to satisfy his or her employer's needs.

Advantages:

* Two extra proficiency slots at 1st level.

* One extra proficiency slot at 6th level.

* Carry weight increased by 50%.

Disadvantages:

* Unable to start with Weapon Specialization.

* Unable to achieve Grand Mastery in a weapon.

It's been a LONG time since I've fired up iwd2, but I'd definitely be interested in taking a look at what it has for inspiration. The infinity engine, sadly, has it's limitations and one-off pip assignments is one of those limitations. 

23 hours ago, morpheus562 said:

A mercenary kit would be good, and I think it would go well with Kagain. There's more I want to do, but need to sit down and plan it out. For example, I'd like to do a Nightcloak of Shar kit for Cleric/Thief multi and give the option for Viconia to be this at start.

Kagain is exactly who I would give a mercenary kit to...

I've been mucking around with the following:

Advantages:

– Begins proficient (one slot) in single-weapon style and sword and shield style (in place of Begins with two extra proficiency slots at 1st level.)

– No solution for the extra proficiency slot at 6th level

– Kagain specific bag of holding with limited capacity in place of carry weight increased by 50%

Disadvantages:
- May not exceed High Mastery (four slots) in any weapon.

7 hours ago, a.greene said:

Begins proficient (one slot) in single-weapon style and sword and shield style (in place of Begins with two extra proficiency slots at 1st level.)

This is actually more problematic to implement, in its way. You could use my ‘dialprof’ function to give two innate abilities that give one extra proficiency point each (chosen by dialogue… hence ‘dialprof’)