After a portrait...

Andyr

I'm looking for a BG2 style portrait of a grey/white-haired old lady. Something that fits the game, or a photo that could be adapted...

I've not had much search trawling the portrait sites - if anyone has one for whatever reason, could they let me know? :undecided:

The vague look would be something like an aged Nalia - with greyed hair and no drug rings. She should be in light or no armour. If someone can make a decent composite of BG2 pictures which doesn't look too much like the existing NPCs, that'd also be a possibility.

Guest Guest

Thanks for the try. :)

I saw that one, but she looks like a gypsy. :undecided: If you have played KotOR II, I am looking for something closer to Kreia, though less sinister-seeming. Elderly but wise, and not looking too weak as that picture. For a Cleric in a plain, unassuming robe (probably brown or grey).

I might attempt a simple edit of Nalia and post for a better idea of what I mean.

In case anyone's curious, this is for something I'm fiddling with in my spare time as more of an indulgence than a serious project.

- Andy (at work)

Guest Guest

The middle one is closest to what I am after, though it'd need clothing, ageing and those dots removed from her head. :undecided: Also the hair obscures the background, which is not ideal. Thanks, though.

Heh, I guess OAPs don't often feature as powerful heroes in CRPGs. :)

Andy

Guest Guest

Cheers. :undecided: That's the overall effect, though, a few things that would need to be different:

- Plainer, duller clothes. Actually Nalia's armour would work pretty well if recoloured.

- Lose the stuff in her hair

- If the best we can do is a composite involving Nalia, ideally it would look as little like her as possible (e.g. by changing background, removing band from her face, purple from her eyes, flipping the image left/right. Maybe swapping the hair for someone else's would work, actually). I don't know if it is possible to make Nalia's portrait look like it is not Nalia, though, to the extent it would not look odd to have both Nalia and the Older Woman in the party at once.

Cheers. :undecided: That's the overall effect, though, a few things that would need to be different:

- Plainer, duller clothes. Actually Nalia's armour would work pretty well if recoloured.

- Lose the stuff in her hair

- If the best we can do is a composite involving Nalia, ideally it would look as little like her as possible (e.g. by changing background, removing band from her face, purple from her eyes, flipping the image left/right. Maybe swapping the hair for someone else's would work, actually). I don't know if it is possible to make Nalia's portrait look like it is not Nalia, though, to the extent it would not look odd to have both Nalia and the Older Woman in the party at once.

I'd definitely try and avoid actually using a modification of Nalia's portrait. You might want to ask Bons if she could make a portrait for you based on a photo, as she does very good work (See: Jelina).

Guest Guest

Rabain: Yes, that works quite well. Who was the original author of the portrait? I might get back to you on that. :undecided:

Grim: I concur re: Nalia. And yes, good plan with Bons... I shall have to see if she is about later. Though I'd need to find a photo of an old lady, then. We shall see.

Archived