Looking to transfer .CRE animations from IWDEE > BGEE

Hi,

As per the title, I was looking for a way to import some models from IWDEE to BGEE. Using NI I can see them but I cannot use them in game as there are no animations for them. For example, I can see the Frost Giant animation when looking at the IWDEE Chitin.Key, but if I export it into the BGEE overide folder, I still cannot see it. Is this something I have to use WeiDu to use in order for it to work?

Thank you.

Guest Graion@Work

Which monsters are you attempting to transfer over?

In the EEs, all artwork has an INI file detailing their art and sound with animate.ids listing the used slots. In 90% of the cases, the INIs are shared between the games, so you only have to copy the artwork and the sounds over.

Just crosscheck animate.ids. the animation entry's INI file, the IESDP creature INI description - INI file format: Creature Animations (gibberlings3.github.io) and ensure that you have all the bams and audio along.

The animation definition files have been unified across the games, but the actual graphics and sound resources exist only if the game actually uses them. You can inspect the respective .INI files for the creature animations to see which animation and sound files are expected.

For example, the Frost Giant animation is defined by E24F.INI. The "resref" entry defines the BAM animation prefix, so you should copy all BAM files starting with that prefix over from IWDEE to BG2EE. The [sound] section defines the required WAV files used by the creature animation. You'll probably have to copy them over as well.

17 hours ago, Guest Graion@Work said:

Which monsters are you attempting to transfer over?

In the EEs, all artwork has an INI file detailing their art and sound with animate.ids listing the used slots. In 90% of the cases, the INIs are shared between the games, so you only have to copy the artwork and the sounds over.

Just crosscheck animate.ids. the animation entry's INI file, the IESDP creature INI description - INI file format: Creature Animations (gibberlings3.github.io) and ensure that you have all the bams and audio along.

I was looking a look through the .CRE to have a look to see which would fit in to what I wanted to do, I found a few :)

16 hours ago, argent77 said:

The animation definition files have been unified across the games, but the actual graphics and sound resources exist only if the game actually uses them. You can inspect the respective .INI files for the creature animations to see which animation and sound files are expected.

For example, the Frost Giant animation is defined by E24F.INI. The "resref" entry defines the BAM animation prefix, so you should copy all BAM files starting with that prefix over from IWDEE to BG2EE. The [sound] section defines the required WAV files used by the creature animation. You'll probably have to copy them over as well.

Thank you, I was a bit perplexed as to where the .INI was, but by editing the file animation it showed the files for the sound and .BAM. 

Thank you both for your help!

Please tell me, is there a way to export TNO animations from PSTEE to BG2EE, or IWDEE, but to make them available for PC(chr)? I tried in many ways and does not work.

TNO has few 'sections', e.g. with bare fists, with a knife, an axe, etc.

I tried export all BAM's, replace, add, rename ini, ids. Aaand nothing ;).

Is this even possible to make it work somehow?? 

Edited by szef

Let me quote from discord: (from Graion Dilach and CamDawg_G3):

that's massively complicated; the artwork needs to be downsized a bit and the animations need to be reordered to the BG2 character sequence setup to a spare BG2 character slot, and if you're done with that, you can extend Tweaks' Avatar Morphing Script to also offer your slot as an option
note that it can never be perfect anyway because TNO has a more limited weapon options than what a PC can

also:

Yeah, the larger issue is that TNO outright changes animations depending on his weapon, whereas IWD/BG character animations slot weapons as overlays on a single animation.

So maybe it's enough for animation to change the size of png and create a BAM with a correct sequences?? Hm.

@subtledoctorThe issue of weapons is secondary for me, because my TNO will be carry a knife, or maybe fight with bare fists (as a mage) :P.

I'll try a little for fun (when I find the time) but so far it's not working - mainly with palette...

Edited by szef

Yes, I tried importing paletts from other BAMs (male mage etc. from bg2ee & iwdee) it looks bad. Something is not right 😛
The size of the BAM can be changed with the BAM resizer and it is ok.

But also setting the correct sequences of animation is a nightmare. (I think I'll giving up....)

Icewn002.jpg.18b23a9ed8e0b2e983230cf271b302a3.jpg

Edited by szef