NPC's content

Are Kitanya, Alassa, Hessa EE compatible?

And also, a while ago I did some research that Xan, Coran and Kivan&Deheriana mods are not contentwise compatible with Khalid for BGII. Have someone made any changes in crossmod compatibility between them or are they still not compatible after all these years.

4 hours ago, Endarire said:

What do you mean by (seeming) incompatibilities?

Kivan for BGII is EET compatibleCoran for BGII is EET compatibleXan for BGII is EET compatible.

I'm unsure how intercompatible they are.

Some may talk about Khalid being dead while he is in my party. I mean are there crossmod banters made by now that if you have Khalid they will have dialogues with him and not saying that he is dead. 

3 hours ago, mickabouille said:

Well Iguess if some NPC starts talking about Khalid's death while he is in the group, that would seem... eerie?

Not that I know if it actually happens, I assume that's the kind of question HotaruPL is asking (Is it ?)

Yeah. That is what I mean

8 hours ago, HotaruPL said:

Are Kitanya, Alassa, Hessa EE compatible?

And also, a while ago I did some research that Xan, Coran and Kivan&Deheriana mods are not contentwise compatible with Khalid for BGII. Have someone made any changes in crossmod compatibility between them or are they still not compatible after all these years.

All these years? Khalid BG2 was released last year!

And it's author Lava can't make changes to original dialogues of other NPC if their original author didn't give their consent.

And yes, some are so old than their authors are no longer reachable for asking consent.

17 minutes ago, Trouveur80 said:

All these years? Khalid BG2 was released last year!

And it's author Lava can't make changes to original dialogues of other NPC if their original author didn't give their consent.

And yes, some are so old than their authors are no longer reachable for asking consent.

I found a forum actually where it says Xan, Coran and Kivan have all updated dialogues with Khalid so apparently Lava already did get permission. Hopefully that info is right

Please note: Crossmod is in Crossmod Banter Pack.

And yes, questions that go "is it [finally] done after [all these years]" is not so well received in a community where people contribute as a hobby in their free time.

Especially in this case, where @Lava added compatibility crossmod for Khalid NPC mod to many mods in an increadibly short amount of time, you picked the worst example for your complaint. 🙃

The issue with Hotaru's questions is that they are REALLY unprecise. There are 2 Khalid Mods: one by Zireael, released many years ago, one one by me, I release 2021. They are greatly different and take different approches, touch different themes...

My Khalid for BG2EE includes crossmod and consistency fixes that were included in the Crossmod Banter Pack and the readme includes information about that:

https://gibberlings3.github.io/Documentation/readmes/readme-crossmodbg2.html

There are more mods that may still need consistency fixes, but Crossmod Banter Pack isn't easy to update and I usually need some help with that. Furthermore, I am also working on a different NPC now and I want to get him at least partially done so I could include talks with him too, but to do so, I need a working version of that mod so I could make sure the installer won't explode.

As it's stated in readme, there are already consistency fixes:

• Consistency between Lava's Khalid and jastey's Ajantis: Ajantis doesn't mention Khalid's death if he's not dead
  • Consistency between Lava's Khalid and Kulyok's Xan: Xan doesn't mention Khalid's death if he's not dead
  • Consistency between Lava's Khalid and Kulyok's Branwen: Branwen doesn't mention Khalid's death if he's not dead
  • Consistency between Lava's Khalid and Kulyok's Coran: Coran doesn't mention Khalid's death if he's not dead

My mod doesn't need as many of them, because Khalid is mostly mentioned in talks with Jaheira AND in my version of the mod, if Khalid is in the party, then Jaheira is dead (and the other way round), so if Khalid is alive, no one needs to worry about banters with his dead wife.

1 hour ago, jastey said:

Please note: Crossmod is in Crossmod Banter Pack.

And yes, questions that go "is it [finally] done after [all these years]" is not so well received in a community where people contribute as a hobby in their free time.

Especially in this case, where @Lava added compatibility crossmod for Khalid NPC mod to many mods in an increadibly short amount of time, you picked the worst example for your complaint. 🙃

44 minutes ago, Lava said:

The issue with Hotaru's questions is that they are REALLY unprecise. There are 2 Khalid Mods: one by Zireael, released many years ago, one one by me, I release 2021. They are greatly different and take different approches, touch different themes...

My Khalid for BG2EE includes crossmod and consistency fixes that were included in the Crossmod Banter Pack and the readme includes information about that:

https://gibberlings3.github.io/Documentation/readmes/readme-crossmodbg2.html

There are more mods that may still need consistency fixes, but Crossmod Banter Pack isn't easy to update and I usually need some help with that. Furthermore, I am also working on a different NPC now and I want to get him at least partially done so I could include talks with him too, but to do so, I need a working version of that mod so I could make sure the installer won't explode.

As it's stated in readme, there are already consistency fixes:

My mod doesn't need as many of them, because Khalid is mostly mentioned in talks with Jaheira AND in my version of the mod, if Khalid is in the party, then Jaheira is dead (and the other way round), so if Khalid is alive, no one needs to worry about banters with his dead wife.

Yeah, I phrased my question a little wrong. For that I sincerely apologise. When I said 'after all these years' I meant if Lava got in touch with creators of Coran. Kivan and Xan which have been released  couple years ago. I just had to make sure because I found 'out-of-date' information about crossmod banter pack where it didn't include Khalid so I asked for confirmation. I was talking about your mod, Lava. I am glad the crossmod has been updated for Khalid. I didn't mean to say 'finally after all these years' as a complaint or saying that you're not putting enough time or work, that wasn't my intention. I just written the sentence a little unclear, sorry for it :) 

5 hours ago, HotaruPL said:

Yeah, I phrased my question a little wrong. For that I sincerely apologise. When I said 'after all these years' I meant if Lava got in touch with creators of Coran. Kivan and Xan which have been released  couple years ago. I just had to make sure because I found 'out-of-date' information about crossmod banter pack where it didn't include Khalid so I asked for confirmation. I was talking about your mod, Lava. I am glad the crossmod has been updated for Khalid. I didn't mean to say 'finally after all these years' as a complaint or saying that you're not putting enough time or work, that wasn't my intention. I just written the sentence a little unclear, sorry for it :) 

No offense, and written posts can sometimes be misunderstood. 🙂

I'm really impressed and grateful for all the works made by Lava and Jastey for not only creating wonderful mods, but also maintaining so much mods to be up to date and adapted to new release.