The Gate Project

3 hours ago, Endarire said:

I tried installing Askaria 2.0 today on BGEE with SoD.  It failed because it skipped the Chaos Knight installation.  This happened regardless of whatever language I tried using (0, English, or French)

I will answer your question when you answer mines, I ask several time already...

Why do you spread false EET compatible version of mod ? And why do you create alternative and unauthorized versions of mods that have already their official donwnload link ?

What is your reason for lying and misleading players about compatibility?

The author of Kim the pirate has authorized one modder to maintain his mod and it's not you...

Thankee !

By the way Askaria work fine !

Edited by JohnBob

Hello,

In connection with the current situation and for the sake of impartiality, I'd like to encourage anyone who thinks that some of my uploads are not legitimate or could lead to problems to let me know, on this topic or elsewhere.

It's no secret, of course, that not all the mods on The Gate Project or even on my personal repo have been approved by their original modders and as mentioned by some members, I can continue my updates without offering them to the community.

Nevertheless, I hope I've done everything with respect for the authors and their work

As you can see, I don't choose mods for their popularity or even their content, the choices were made on their own, by request from certain players, because they are no longer maintained, forgotten or require an update to be functional...

And obviously that I was able to do something useful to improve them with my limited modding skills.

I'm not waiting to be reassured, I know very well that my only intention is to bring a little something to the community.

There's nothing to gain or lose, it's all about sharing, so don't hesitate to say what's on your mind.

If some of you think that certain mods are causing trouble or are not up to expectations, they will be immediately removed from github, but please give a constructive opinion on the reasons that would lead you to request their removal.

Edited by JohnBob

Hello,

Spanish translation has been added to Dark Horizons, thanks to @alaisFcZ.

I take this opportunity to point out that the German and Italian translations require an update for setup.tra in order to remove items restrictions that are not required for Enhanced Editions.

I remind you that the recommended version for those wishing to use Dark Horizons is this one : you need to download the master and not the release. (I'll probably do a real release when the languages will all be up to date.)

This version is the same as the original, except for a few corrections and the addition of PVRZ for Areas.

This version should be installed on BGEE, before EET !

Edited by JohnBob

If you could point what parts of setup.tra need to be updated and it's not much, I could check it out between today and tomorrow.

Update: Ok, looked at the file, now I get it. A bit boring, but I'll manage it.

Edited by Frenzgyn

Hello,

At @alaisFcZ's request, here's an update for Com_encounters a TeamBG mod.

Github / Release / Readme

So the main changes are :

The addition of Spanish translation by AlaisFcZ of course !

A review for both componants "Improved Shagbag" and "Improved Druids", in order that the mod doesn't overwrite the game files, but edits them instead.

Here is the full changelog :

Spanish translation thanks to AlaisFcZ.
Update components Improved Shagbag and Improved Druids to not overwrite files.
Autotra.
InfinityAutoPackager.
Metadata and Labels.
Add fonction gw_convert_inventory_bam_to_ee.
Typos for french translation and for other languages.
Add GAME_IS eet.
Update readme.html, Add Readme.md
Add some Death Variables.
Delay orcs spawn in front of Umar cave, after talking to Sméagol, for compatibility.
Slightly move the encounter at Windspear Hills for compatibility.
Switch BLUN17 to BLUN15 for UCMGNUT1.CRE, to avoid duplicate drop in the same area.
Remove unimplemented items from UCMGST02.STO.
Corrected wrong effects for some Items
Edited by JohnBob

A quick post to mention that the first post of this topic was updated.

- @AstroBryGuy github has been suddenly removed so his three mods (Neera Banters, ChattyImoen  and SoD-Dialog-Banters.) have been added to The Gate Project, hopefully we'll have some news from him sooner or later.

- Alcool a very little mod from @Mathrim Cauthon

- Severian-de-Demerya a NPC for BG2/ToB which adds quite a bit of content by @Coyote (only in french)

Some new mods don't have a real release yet, but are already available.

- klatu-tweaks-and-fixes by @Klatu

- Kim_NPC by @Grenouillebleue

- Garrick_Tales-of-a-Troubadour by @Mirandir (Thanks to @K4thos fix, this version can be installed after EET)

- SoD-Dialog-Banters by  @AstroBryGuy

And Volcano_Pack  a little mod that adds a store to Amkethran has joined the official github of Black-Wyrm-Lair, where it originally came from.

Edited by JohnBob

One last message, to let you know that I will no longer be participating to the forum.

Following this post morpheus threatened to remove the French translation of all its mods... (I've been working on it for 2 years)

Of course, the man will say that I'm too pushy to dare speak to him twice about the reason that led him to create an arbitrary total incompatibility between Tactics Remix and Made in Heaven Encounter.

I'm probably stupid and stubborn too, but If you think you can legitimately threaten people that disagree with you... You're really pathetic.

Go ahead I don't care and I don't want to be associated with someone like you.

These days, conflict takes precedence over modding, clearly, I'm not adapted to the way forums and people on the Internet behave.

Motivation fades away and it's best to keep my distance from foes like morpheus and endarire otherwise the situation will only escalate.

The mods on The Gate Project will continue to be maintained if problems arise, and I'm not abandoning PoF either or the other translations in progress.

Thanks to all those who took part in this project, as well as to the many modders, translators and forum members with whom I've interacted.