The Gate Project

For whatever it's worth coming from a nobody here, cutting ties with a whole site/community due to disagreements with one or two users seems a tad drastic. Simply adding them to your ignore list should probably be enough. It would be an entirely different issue if you felt the entire community against you, of course.

In any case, peace of mind has priority, and the work on TGP is appreciated.

No threats were made, and I was being open and transparent due to his conduct in private messages that I was leaning towards not supporting the French translations moving forward. This is a hobby, and I have every right to not want to be involved with him when our interactions involve his personal attacks against me in private messages as I'm getting ready for my daughter's music recital this morning. He can disagree with me, that is fine, as he has disagreed much in the past via private messages. What he did not do was accept "no" as the response the first time and move on and instead he went personal with it. Right wrong or otherwise, he is the ambassador for that community. If someone from that community wants to step forward, that is great, but I am not going to actively make attempts on my end.

2 hours ago, Connelly said:

For whatever it's worth coming from a nobody here, cutting ties with a whole site/community due to disagreements with one or two users seems a tad drastic. Simply adding them to your ignore list should probably be enough. It would be an entirely different issue if you felt the entire community against you, of course.

In any case, peace of mind has priority, and the work on TGP is appreciated.

This.

It saddens me too see such conflicts arise due to reasons more or less arbitrary or shallow compared to the big picture. I am convinced that half the times a tad of kindness and politeness would go a long way to avoid or sweeten such things. The other half... well, reality is not perfect.

@Frenzgyn and @Connelly

I'm sure you can understand how I feel about two years of work being thrown away.

As you can see, the removal process has begun

- Tactics Remix (The community entrusted him with one of its most classic models, and he used it to take people hostage.)

- Skill and Abilities

- Three more to go, keep up the good work

And as you can see, the readme was not accurate and my request for clarification was justified.

How can you trust a community when one of its members can do such a thing ?
G3 hosts his mods and implicitly validates his behavior.

I have no illusions that in a few days this will all be forgotten and everyone will be delighted and grateful for the release of his next mod.

10 hours ago, JohnBob said:

I'm probably stupid and stubborn too, but If you think you can legitimately threaten people that disagree with you... You're really pathetic.

Go ahead I don't care and I don't want to be associated with someone like you.

I don't know why you bemoan and create an issue when you were the one who pulled translation support months and months ago. Much of the French was outdated, incomplete, or missing, and I was referring to maintaining the status quo and not accepting any new updates you would provide (if you decided to ever provide them). I am giving you literally what you are asking for here and removing association at your request.

I never stop updating your mods, but I haven't found the time to complete and pull because as you can see on this topic there is other things outside your stuff...

But keep lying, it's what you do best !

And yes, since you've come to me on discord threatening to delete the french language and order me to withdraw my last post on tactics thread, I have open my eyes on the kind of person you are... An internet bully... The worst kind... The weak kind.

May be anger can take the best of me, but I always stay true to myself and always say what I think.

You can do what you want, being awful and despicable, obviously nobody care.

So take the win, you got what you wanted, enjoy the little power you got here, go back to your threads and let this one die in peace without your insufferable personnality.

Edited by JohnBob
38 minutes ago, jastey said:

@morpheus562 It's one thing to disable a translation because it's outdated, but it's another thing to outright delete it and erase the translator's name from the readme?

I'm sorry it came to such a dispute, but I lack knowledge of the background.

Having the translator's name and work present is association which @JohnBob stated very clearly and publicly he did not want. 

Sadly, he's the one who took a private conversation that ended privately (me blocking him and stopping the partnership going forward) and then he blew it up into this public mess that didn't need to be. 

Edited by morpheus562

You took a public and legitimate request and turned it private in order to apply pressure and because you don't assume your own actions.

You have clearly requested the modification and deletion of a public message. All I asked was a mention to be added to the readme.

You take it the wrong way, probably because your reasons for creating a total incompatibility aren't honest.

And you clearly stated "simply pulling all French support from my mods"

Edited by JohnBob

Yes, let's include partial comments spliced to not include the full sentence it was part of and without the context of the statements preceding it. I'm sorry you didn't get the answer you wanted regarding MiH-EQ and Tactics Remix, but let it go and move on instead of flaming it because you're not happy with the answer.

All I want is you to stop polluting this thread with your unpleasant presence.

If you want to send the whole conversation to moderation, go ahead, things will be crystal clear...

Edited by JohnBob