SCS install errors with Spell Revisions

Since this is "somewhat" relevant, I was doing an install with spell revisions by itself along with SCS and noticed I got "installed with errors" for priests. Is this anything to be concerned about? I know you mentioned on the discord that might mean a priest didn't get patched. I was also using Spell Revisions v4.19 rc4. I uploaded the debug in a zip file since it's pretty large.

SETUP-STRATAGEMS.zip

Edited by Jarinex
On 9/16/2023 at 7:43 AM, subtledoctor said:

Well, it’s good to worry about thematic harmony among mods… in principle… but if a mod skips a spell because it already exists when the spell does not already exist, that’s kind of a basic detection error. IMHO that’s more important than thematic compatibility. Though, reasonable minds can disagree. 

Rather belatedly on this (since I'm looking at the code currently): IWDSpells isn't skipping anything. It installs the level 5 Conjure Lesser Water Elemental spell correctly. But there isn't a level 6 Conjure Water Elemental spell in IWD. Normally IWDSpells runs a chunk of post-install code that smooths over inconsistencies between BG2 and IWD versions of Conjure Elemental, but that code isn't SR-compatible so gets skipped. The result is no L6 water elemental (and a L5 water elemental spell that's thematically inconsistent with the SR spells). If I'm feeling nice, I'll write a bit of compatibility code that handles the SR case for the next release; till then, Graion Dilach's mod component is a good workaround.

2 hours ago, DavidW said:

IWD spell allocations assume CWE is available. Which it is if you only have IWD

Ah, sorry, I was misunderstanding because it seemed that contradicts this:

6 hours ago, DavidW said:

there isn't a level 6 Conjure Water Elemental spell in IWD

In any event, I am only asking for my curiosity, in any event you seem to have things well in hand and I will stop bothering about it!

Oh, I see: yes, that's confusing.

There is no L6 CWE in IWD, because in IWD all the Conjure Elemental spells are 5th level. But IWDSpells builds one, because otherwise there's a weird mismatch between different versions of elemental summoning. But it doesn't do that for SR, basically because the code I wrote doesn't work well with SR's version of elemental summoning and at the time I couldn't be bothered to do something SR-specific.

@Graion Dilach I appreciate your fix! Was installing and getting the error, rolled back that component of SCS, plopped in your fix, and I'm back and rolling again.

@subtledoctor Thanks for your inputs as well, I've been on the forums a lot getting my mega mod install going and you've been critical.

Just want to say, you're both awesome to the community...the moments of, ah, tension, between you two maybe keep the creative juices flowing!