The Megamodification ~BGEET?

What is 'the Megamodification' mentioned here? https://github.com/SpellholdStudios/BP-BGT-Worldmap#intro
There are hardly any references to any 'Megamodification' with Baldur's Gate online and what there are currently are circular phone tag like what does this even mean?:
"It is used especially for the Megamodification (BGT, TDD, SOS, CtB, TS, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH, Drizzt Saga...) or partial installations of the Megamodification."

I tried google search but its like broken links or like half references. Something mentioned old BG2 engine but it was a mess to find specifics.

Why is this so cryptic to find details on 'the Megamodification'? Anyone have any specifics? Does Ascension play into this? Is this EE compatible is this BGEET somehow like what is going on there must be people who know? Any more details?

I just was unsure if there was a source document or something with more clarity that clearly defines / documents what constitutes 'the Megamodification'. The use of 'the' in the front made me question if there was one singular version of this ~super module that had unified all of these things together vs. like potentially confusing billion variations of putting all the old mods together. It made me wonder what this meant like it sounds like singular entity called 'the Megamodification'. So it through me through a loop trying to find this singular entity and I had been wondering if this was an old version of BGT? Or something the older modder community knew about like a not-permanent or almost slang kind of thing. I am seeking clarity on the specifications of what exactly makes up 'the Megamodification' if it is one defined clear entity for mods tend to like spiral into a whole array of variations if there is not clear defining boundaries of what is and is not something. I figured to ask around to make sure my version of understanding of this 'the Megamodification' matched reality of what the community consensus is of this 'the Megamodification'.

Its not clear when 'the Megamodification' is this:
"BGT, TDD, SOS, CtB, TS, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH, Drizzt Saga..."
---------
Yet the mega mod video description linked is this:
"This includes the mods: Big Picture, Sword Coast Stratagems, The Darkest Day, Shadows Over Soubar, Check the Bodies, Never Ending Journey 2, Tortured Souls, Tower of Deception, DSotSC, The Drizzt Saga, Secret of BoneHill, Dark Horizons, Fishing for Trouble, Colours of Infinity, NTotSC and many more!"

There should be clear definitions of what constitutes
'the Megamodification' and also are these all being updated is this old BG2 or is this EE, is this an old term no longer used much like there are so many questions. If I said 'The Greatest Pizza Topping' that cannot mean like 5 or 7 different entities like it is supposed to mean one. As in 'The Greatest Pizza Topping' = Pepperoni. Yet it seems we have this 'the Megamodification' yet it lacks 100% clarity on what it exactly is constituted from derived from a group of different entities combined into one singular entity / set group of things / modules. Like maybe just like pepperoni there are more than one kind of pepperoni too lol? I just hope we can figure out like 4/5 what is 'the Megamodification' and like I can live with that. I worry about not being accurate to reality and this case was like so many possibilities that I figure to just ask the community lol.

Edited by WithinAmnesia
53 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

Dude it’s just something some guy said. It only means something to him. 

Sure... it's not like the SHSForums had what ... 4000 topics about megamoding and quides, on installing multiple mods to a game.

Here's my 2012 definition:

It had been forever since anyone had put this kind of topic in these forums... I took up the charge.
So what is Megamoding? It's generally accepted idea that Megamoding is taking about combining two or more of big or small game modifications in one install. The original term only included large mods, but nowadays what's large and what's not is not a size question, but of content.
And this evolved a lot, and now we are able to install more than 300 mods into one game, if one want to... but none of those are required to be counted as Megamoding, just a general wish to push the envelope to or more than 10 mods, or two of the big mods.
But as this guide is not strictly aimed to Megamoding, I have also included a lot of other useful stuff, that helps with other Infinity Engine games. This is because the ultimate aim of the true Megamoding is to make a single engine able to run every modification of the Infinity Engine has to offer. :devil:

...from a topic that had had about: 180 000 views, before 2023.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Srsly. Right here in this very subforum there are several very accessible threads where people describe their modded games with 500+ mods installed. Any of them count as “mega.” You are not unearthing the secrets of the ancients. This is not archaeology; you want to know the secret of old-time modding? It was hard and things were not compatible and it kind of sucked. Things are way better now - enjoy it!

Edited by subtledoctor