SCS is properly installed but I swear it isn't working

On 11/18/2023 at 5:30 AM, Holden said:

I can confirm your info here.  I actually started a brand new campaign and have noticed that some of the scripts now appear to be working properly, while others are now bugged.  All magic users are now using all of their spells and are generally much harder

Usually an area script checks an associated variable which is set when it executes to prevent it running again, but viewing saved games with an editor I couldn't find any prematurely set variables in the saves immediately before this happens, it's a bug that's very hard to pin down.

I believe @Bubb discovered the blindness effect can confuse the area's character count check, my hunch is that something similar is happening, and certain area scripts are running in areas where no party member is, which could prevent them from working as intended. Still no clue as to the ultimate cause.

On 11/17/2023 at 10:30 PM, Holden said:

bandits will not use their bows and will only use melee instead.  That one ambush where you're surrounded by bandits with bows, they all close in with their swords instead.  It's always something with this game...

should have been installed before SCS but after IWDification.

12 hours ago, polytope said:

Usually an area script checks an associated variable which is set when it executes to prevent it running again, but viewing saved games with an editor I couldn't find any prematurely set variables in the saves immediately before this happens, it's a bug that's very hard to pin down.

I believe @Bubb discovered the blindness effect can confuse the area's character count check, my hunch is that something similar is happening, and certain area scripts are running in areas where no party member is, which could prevent them from working as intended. Still no clue as to the ultimate cause.

So going through my second run it appears that things are functioning more or less normally.  Bandits not using ranged stopped being the case further into the game.

The only bug I could reproduce was the lack of spawning guards during the Davaeorn fight.  In my previous run I had issues with enemies standing around instead of fighting, but I haven't reached those parts yet.

I'd imagine a bug like this would be very difficult to pin down given that I have quite a few mods installed.  I haven't been able to find anything on forums.  Just seems like a totally random issue.