SCS Litle Please

Hello there!

This is a request/question to @DavidW.

Is it possible to install a part of SCS that is responsible for the intelligence of opponents? If not, would it be possible to implement such a project? My request is motivated by the fact that the current SCS changes a lot of elements that may interfere with other mods, and there is no way to choose all the components to be modified by SCS.

People install SCS and do not know exactly what will be changed, if there was an option to install only the component responsible for the intelligence of enemies I think it would be a plus for the whole project.

Such a change would avoid a lot of frustration among players who expected better intelligence for opponents and got as a bonus things they didn't want, for example.

Please consider such a change or a separate project.

How are you installing it?

SCS has loads of components.

Just install the AI improvement ones and nothing else if thats what you want.

The readme is divided into categories, one of which is AI enhancements.

You have to install Initialise AI components and then just install the bits you want

here's a link to that bit of the readme;

https://gibberlings3.github.io/Documentation/readmes/readme-stratagems.html#aitweaks

Edited by Nathan82
6 hours ago, Delior said:

Install the required component to initialize the AI changes, install  the improved AI component and set the difficulty to improved and, voila, you have SCS Lite.  

ok, and what about the file "stratagems" there are a lot of different options "Scroll_Drop_Fraction", "genie_staying_power" ect. not all are described. Are these standard options as if the game is unchanged? 

If you mean the ini file, that's an "advanced" list of options to control some stuff without having to touch the source code. Some are mentioned in the documentation, but if you are installing SCS with few components, you should not complicate much with that. A good amount of that will be unused (e.g. about the first 80 are for spell changing, and you won't use that component).

47 minutes ago, pathetic said:

ok, and what about the file "stratagems" there are a lot of different options "Scroll_Drop_Fraction", "genie_staying_power" ect. not all are described. Are these standard options as if the game is unchanged? 

Those are not really things you need to worry about. I don't even think those things have any application without the more specific mod components related to them. If you just want SCS AI than you can simply install 1) Initialize AI; 2) Better General AI; 3) Better Calls for Help; 4) maybe Smarter Mages; and 5) Smarter Priests. (Some people don't like how Smarter Mages enables enemy mages to prebuff and generally protect themselves; personally, I like that part.)

That's all you need! This is a fine "SCS Lite" install and it makes the game noticeably better. Any further fine-tuning you want to do can be done directly from the difficulty slider.

My whole topic started because I have already tried several times to install a certain part of the compnents and there were always some problems. In the end, I gave up on improving the artificial intelligence of enemies and left such tweeks as "improved NPC customization and management'" and "Revised inn rooms: more expensive, more benefits". The tweeki did not install for that the artificial intelligence did. It has never yet installed what I wanted....

1 hour ago, pathetic said:

My whole topic started because I have already tried several times to install a certain part of the compnents and there were always some problems. In the end, I gave up on improving the artificial intelligence of enemies and left such tweeks as "improved NPC customization and management'" and "Revised inn rooms: more expensive, more benefits". The tweeki did not install for that the artificial intelligence did. It has never yet installed what I wanted....

Well, you are using a very new version with maybe more changes from the last version that SCS has ever added, at least in the last decade or so. Making NPC customization work is quite tetchy by its nature (ask me how I know... see my signature). And the revised resting mechanics, from what I can surmise, came out of conversations in which people said "that's not something that can be modded" and DavidW took it upon himself to try anyway. Which is cool, and he is as capable as anyone around here. But it is still something being modded that has never, in the 25-year history of these games, been modded before. Expecting perfection immediately is probably unrealistic.

Maybe you should be more specific about what you do want to install. Above you said you just wanted the "intelligence of opponents" stuff, but now you are saying you also want revised resting and NPC customization. If you stat from the outset exactly what you are trying to achieve, maybe people can help you get there.

As for the "revised resting mechanics" component, I was looking forward to it. I believe that a similar buff should be introduced when it comes to sex in the game. The above component changed my room descriptions and inform me about the buff only that it doesn't work for me. As for "NPC EE" I will look into it next time of course. I cared about intelligence and the two components I mentioned above. 

14 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

maybe people can help you get there.

Maybe...