Any other modders that use Linux? Which text editor(s) do you use?

About a year and a half ago, I made the switch from Windows to Linux.  I went from never having used Linux before, to running Arch with the KDE desktop.  It honestly hasn't been all that tough, and I've found it fun, I like figuring things out.

I've been using Kate for editing my mod, which is included with KDE, and it seems to work fine for the most part, but every once in awhile, I will get a syntax error that leaves me scratching my head.  Reminds me of when I first started out modding using notepad in windows, before I was kindly turned onto notepad++, and to make sure I was using UTF-8 encoding, so I checked my settings and made sure Kate was set for that.

Anyone have recommendations?

26 minutes ago, Daeros_Trollkiller said:

Somehow I get the feeling the Microsoft doesn't have a problem with it 😛

Well, if you begin to distribute open sourced distributions of it, Mircosoft will have problems with it. It's a psuedo "open source" coding tool. The Wikipedia article for example states:

"Microsoft has released most of Visual Studio Code's source code on GitHub under the permissive MIT License,[5][15] while the editor itself is distributed by Microsoft as proprietary freeware.[7]" Open source here means that they can take suggestions from free employees.
And that this is just the next iteration of the old Mircosoft Visual Studios tool it already had.

Also, it already happened says the same wikipedia article...
"On June 20th, 2023, during the Guangdong Province's Digital Government Innovation Development Forum held in Guangzhou, CEC-IDE was released and described as the first Chinese-produced integrated development tool.[38][39] However, CEC-IDE was subsequently found to be a rebranded release of Visual Studio Code that, among other things, failed to include a copy of the MIT license as required for redistributions. On June 26th, Digital Guangdong published a statement, admitting that CEC-IDE is based on Visual Studio Code.[40]"

Also on Arch with KDE. For WeiDU also use VS Code plus BGforge MLS. For (almost) everything else (lots of text editing as all my notes are in markdown, lots of LaTeX, Haskell, some Python, few Lua) I use a modal text editor. I have come to dislike heavy config-editors like emacs and neovim, so am using Helix right now.