I'm new at this...

Moongaze

Well...I'm new at this, and basically clueless how to fix funky errors from my Mods.

Okay, here are the problems..

In my Wikaede Mod, I had him interject during Gaal's "The Gods are fake!" speech (CSGAAL dialogue file). My PC was of the Priest of Lathander kit. After Gaal's speech, the Helm temple priest (Oisig) spawned, and the Lathander temple priest (Arval) spawned right after Oisig had finished his dialogue. Naturally, I want to prevent *both* from spawning. I don't have the interjection anymore, but it was one simple line Wikaede spouted, with no additional coding.

INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS CSGAAL # [i forgot the line number] WikaGaalBlasphemy

== MGWIKAJ IF ~InParty("Wikaede")~ THEN

~You are in dangerous waters now, priest. Helm will not tolerate this blasphemy for very long. I advise you to silence yourself right now.~

== CSGAAL

~Listen not to the Helmite. He only wishes to continue raising funds for his precious temple!~

END

Apparently just this bit of code isn't enough, for some reason...

The interjection itself didn't appear either, as I recall.

And another one, at Aegisfield's dialogue (INSPECT dialogue file). After our luitenant reveals the skinner murders, Wikaede reacts. Again a simple line with no additional coding.

INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS INSPECT # [i forgot the line number] WikaAegisfieldJob

== MGWIKAJ IF ~InParty("Wikaede")~ THEN

~Murders. Cold and bloody, and for no apparent reason. We must put a stop to this.~

=

~Helm watch over us all.~

END

At the end of the speech, this resulted in the Skinner Murders quest NOT starting! And the interjection didn't appear either. :) Naturally, I want it to start, even if Wikaede is in the party.

In my Kari Mod, I'm spawning her in the Windspear Hills, outside Firkraag's Dungeon, basically. However, it seems that after the Mod is installed, it makes Firkraag's dungeon inaccessible. :) I have no idea what happened... Here's her spawning script and .TP2 bit:

IF

Global("MGKariExists","AR1200",0)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("MGKariExists","AR1200",1)

CreateCreature("MGKARI",[4419.1854],0)

END

COMPILE ~Kari\Dialogue\MGKARI.d~

COMPILE ~Kari\Dialogue\MGKAR25.d~

COMPILE ~Kari\Dialogue\MGKARIJ.d~

COMPILE ~Kari\Dialogue\MGKAR25J.d~

COMPILE ~Kari\Dialogue\MGKARIP.d~

COMPILE ~Kari\Dialogue\MGKAR25P.d~

COMPILE ~Kari\Dialogue\BMGKARI.d~

COMPILE ~Kari\Dialogue\BMGKAR25.d~

COMPILE ~Kari\Scripts\MGKARI25.baf~

COMPILE ~Kari\Scripts\KAAR1200.baf~

COMPILE ~Kari\Scripts\KAAR6200.baf~

EXTEND_TOP ~AR1200.bcs~ ~Kari\Scripts\KAAR1200.baf~

COPY_EXISTING ~AR6200.bcs~ ~override\AR6200.bcs~

EXTEND_TOP ~AR6200.bcs~ ~Kari\Scripts\KAAR6200.baf~

APPEND ~pdialog.2da~

~Kari MGKARIP MGKARIJ MGKARID MGKAR25P MGKAR25J MGKAR25D MGKAR25~

UNLESS ~Kari~

APPEND ~interdia.2da~

~Kari BMGKARI BMGKAR25~

UNLESS ~Kari~

~Moongaze, the Clueless.

If you are interjecting after a state that has a single action after it, you need to use I_C_T2 (INTERJECT_COPY_TRANSACT2 ), not I_C_T for the actions to occure correctly (unless it is a cutscene)

In my Wikaede Mod, I had him interject during Gaal's "The Gods are fake!" speech (CSGAAL dialogue file). My PC was of the Priest of Lathander kit. After Gaal's speech, the Helm temple priest (Oisig) spawned, and the Lathander temple priest (Arval) spawned right after Oisig had finished his dialogue. Naturally, I want to prevent *both* from spawning. I don't have the interjection anymore, but it was one simple line Wikaede spouted, with no additional coding.

If you want to change the way things happen after a certain state and force your own order of things, you need to use INTERJECT not I_C_T; see WeiDu documentation for the description.

I do not know why there is a problem with your spawn script, but if you are having problems with spawning in an area, the easiest way to avoid it, is to spawn him/her somewhere else and then move to the desired location.

What do you mean "makes Firkraag's dungeon inaccessible."? Game crashes to desktop, dungeon door no longer open, ...?

And, it may sound really stupid, but actually the state number where your I_C_T should go into are important. I had the thing once that I didn't realise there are multiple branches to the dialogue I wanted my NPC to interject, wondering why the interjection didn't show, after realising some frustrating days later that I saw a dialogue branch in game where I forgot to put my interjection code into. :)

Domi: There was a time when I_C_T with a jump-back line to the originally speaking Char did the job of actions being performed correctly. Did I_C_T change so that is no longer possible?

If you are interjecting after a state that has a single action after it, you need to use I_C_T2 (INTERJECT_COPY_TRANSACT2 ), not I_C_T for the actions to occure correctly (unless it is a cutscene)

Ahh...very well.

If you want to change the way things happen after a certain state and force your own order of things, you need to use INTERJECT not I_C_T; see WeiDu documentation for the description.

No no, I don't want to force my own order of things. I just thought it odd for TWO priests to appear, both of them giving you the quest. That never happened to me with other Mods that interject with CSGAAL, such as Saerileth. I'm pretty sure I did something wrong.

I do not know why there is a problem with your spawn script, but if you are having problems with spawning in an area, the easiest way to avoid it, is to spawn him/her somewhere else and then move to the desired location.

I could try that, yes...

What do you mean "makes Firkraag's dungeon inaccessible."? Game crashes to desktop, dungeon door no longer open, ...?

Here's the bug report I got:

I had a similar problem with Kari as well. I believe it's a conflict with G3 Tweaks as I had that in as well. In any case, I moved AR1200.bcs in the override folder to a backup folder and installed Kari again. I could then load into Firkraag's dungeon properly, after loading a previous save which was outside Windspear (ie had not previously entered). So I had to repeat killing knolls and such and borish talks with Garren but all was well after that.

It has something to do with not updating the area map when you receive Firkraag's challenge. Because if you go up to the temple without talking to Garren, you won't be able to enter...as is the case with the current bug/conflict.

Kari has no content for Firkraag's dungeon or Garren's quest, currently. She spawns in the Windspear Hills, outside area, so that's the only lead I have. And no, I have no idea how to fix it...

And, it may sound really stupid, but actually the state number where your I_C_T should go into are important. I had the thing once that I didn't realise there are multiple branches to the dialogue I wanted my NPC to interject, wondering why the interjection didn't show, after realising some frustrating days later that I saw a dialogue branch in game where I forgot to put my interjection code into.

Oh, yes...that's right. I once had to do the same interjection three times (with different labels), or it wouldn't appear...

I still can't fix the bugs. I suppose I'll have to figure it out on my own, as usual. :)

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only Modder that's being singled out. I know I'm an oversenstive bastard, but you don't need to keep rubbing that in my face all the time, bloody hell.

Oh, and don't you dare lecture me about my behavior. I've heard that time and time again, and I've no will, nor the patience to listen yet again.

I'll *beep* off from your precious forum.

Edit: Only Cam, Grim and myself are allowed to use bad words on this board. - Idobek

That slap in the face was absolutely uncalled for, Moongaze. Calling yourself a sensitive person: Ever realised your blundering around might hurt other people's feelings. As being one of the persons who started helping and then didn't go further in an amount of time that you think would have been appropriate, I take this personal. Ever realised people (me) have a real life of their own? OMG, I didn't react for a whole 5 days! Now if you think about my spare time for modding is up to one hour per day, max of two before I fall into bed at night: I can't be everwhere, do everything immediately. Instead of an unnecessary rampaging you'd better posted some more clues as to where the bug might be placed. If people do not react to your questions there might be the possibility that the information you give are not detailed enough yet.

That said: I have problems to understand the bug report from above. At which state of the game the dungen is locked? Is it after the Garren scene is over, PC got the challenge and still there is no open entry into Fierfraags lair?

Was the mod installed after the Garren scene was over? Was it installed before?

Could you please post the spawning script for Kari and any other changes you made to the AR1200.BCS, and tell whether you EXTEND_TOP or EXTEND_BOTTOM it?

In general I love bug hunting, and if you give me the information I am ready to hunt that down with you.

I did not reply because I did not know what can be causing the bugs. I am predominantely dialogue person, so I answered what I thought I could answer, leaving the more complex problems to those who could handle them with expertise.

I am sorry that you feel that way, but I don't understand why.

Archived