[Fixed] On Druid remix

the bigg

Why does this component forbid a f/d from using non druidic armors?

According to the description and to PnP, only the weapons undergo this limitation, not the armors.

And, TOB Jaheira will still come equiped with a chain mail +2 she cannot use :p

(not that anybody sane of mind would start a ToB-only game, but hey!)

In this event, the mod author should also revise the description you are given at character creation :p

FIGHTER/ DRUID:  This character can use the abilities of a fighter and druid, though weapons are restricted to only those allowed by the druid's ethos (scimitar, dagger, club, spear, quarterstaff, dart and sling.)

Edit @ding0: I more generally think that 2nd edition is dumb :p

That's bad. Really. If I cannot play with Jaheira in full plate, I am afraid the mod will not work for me. Perhaps that could be made into an optional component?

You can just avoid the Druid Remix part, and then eventually alter your alignment via SK (as that component allows LN, CN, NG, NE as alignments for druids, and is required to make Jaheira NG).

PS: next instalment of refinements should remove all the charm of full plate though :p

I stick by the restriction of armours as a good thing. It decreases some of the power of the multiclass, but so what? F/D is often touted as one of the most powerful combinations; I do not think common-sense restricting of their armour is a real problem. Fighter/Thieves, for example, lose their abilities when wearing armour a Thief could not use.

Sim: Being made of animal hide is not an issue. Druids have no problems with killing plants or animals (how would they eat otherwise, for one) so long as it is not imbalancing to nature. The predator/prey relationship is an important natural one, and killing cows for leather is probably not much of an issue. The restriction on armour, in my mind, comes from the destruction needed to create a forge to smelt iron into armour (logging, stonework, and so on).

I am of the opinion that if the restriction we make was in the original game, then few people would be complaining about it.

EDIT: Bigg's probably right that we should alter the class description for Fighter/Druids, though.

I stick by the restriction of armours as a good thing. It decreases some of the power of the multiclass, but so what? F/D is often touted as one of the most powerful combinations; I do not think common-sense restricting of their armour is a real problem. Fighter/Thieves, for example, lose their abilities when wearing armour a Thief could not use.

Sim: Being made of animal hide is not an issue. Druids have no problems with killing plants or animals (how would they eat otherwise, for one) so long as it is not imbalancing to nature. The predator/prey relationship is an important natural one, and killing cows for leather is probably not much of an issue. The restriction on armour, in my mind, comes from the destruction needed to create a forge to smelt iron into armour (logging, stonework, and so on).

I am of the opinion that if the restriction we make was in the original game, then few people would be complaining about it.

OK, I can live 100% with that (the new version of Refinements should make light armor more useful for high dex characters, so Jaheira will probably want to use an enchanter leather in any event :p ), however IMHO you should change the class description ( #9579) and the armor Jaheira is wearing in ToB -just for consistency :p

BTW, both G3Tweak and the upcoming Refinements will allow thieves to use their abilities in heavy armor (at a penalty in the skill check, of course) ;)

You know, technically, all of the most powerful armour in the game is stripped off of dragons, so metal restricted Jaheira should be able to slip on some of those. But most of them are considered to be Plate... is she restricted from them in Druid Remix?

In unmodded BG 2, druids can use all the dragon armours except - for some strange reason - the blue dragon plate, so I'd assume fighter/druids in DR have the same restrictions. Cam may well have even allowed them and regular druids to use blue dragon plate, I'm not sure.

Archived