[Fixed] On Druid remix

the bigg

Quick question on the subject of fighter/druid restrictions. Are a druid's weapon restrictions really based on ethos? The armor issue is pretty clear but I always interpreted the weapon restrictions more akin to a wizard's. In other words wouldn't a fighter druid, while limited in armor selection because he would be unable to cast spells or shapeshift, be able to use any weapon he damn well feels like using? He already uses one metal bladed weapon, so why not an axe?

Most of the weapons permitted to druids of a particular branch resemble tools used in herding, hunting, and farming, or hold symbolic meaning to the druid.  For instance, the curved scimitar and khopesh represent both the sickle used in the harvest and the crescent moon, which stands for birth, death, and rebirth in the cycle of Nature.

The standard druid can use the following weapons: club, sickle, dart, spear, dagger, scimitar, sling, and staff (optional: scythe).

Sim: Being made of animal hide is not an issue. Druids have no problems with killing plants or animals (how would they eat otherwise, for one) so long as it is not imbalancing to nature. The predator/prey relationship is an important natural one, and killing cows for leather is probably not much of an issue. The restriction on armour, in my mind, comes from the destruction needed to create a forge to smelt iron into armour (logging, stonework, and so on).

I can't think of any reason why a True Neutral Druid would refuse to wear the Human Flesh. If they respect cows but will still wear their skins, why not respect Humans but still wear their skins? Pity this can't actually implemented, though. If the door is opened for TN Druids, it's also open for TN Fighters, Clerics & Thieves.

So why the heck am I even posting this?

Archived