Wish genies--destroyable by death fog?

CamDawg

Straw poll--the bigg (who now has access here) posted changes for wish01.cre and wish02.cre (the SoA and ToB versions of the wish genies, respectively). There are a number of inconsistencies between the two files. Given that the same spell summons both I'm in favor of making them identical, save for the script/dialogue differences we need to account for the SoA/ToB split. The one question I'd like to ask, though--one has gender neither (SoA) and the other gender summoned, making for a question: should they be classed as summoned and subject to spells such as death fog?

edit: quick note--wish02 is gender summoned but has 100% MR, so it may be a moot point. Out of the two, though, wish02 does seem to be the more consistent. Differences are (SoA values first, ToB second)

• first level/second/third: 8/1/1 vs 25/0/0
  • magic resistance: 0 vs 100
  • wisdom, dexterity: 9 v 17
  • ToB is translucent and has a 'remove foot circle' ring

I'd keep the summoned gender but go wish02 for everything else (especially the non-selectable, so you can't force-talk it with a higher wis char, cheaters). I don't think the magic resistance comes into play (the spells target eff destself on gender summoned, and I imagine it bypasses resistance).

Locally, I think I made them both gender neither, but I don't ever cast wish and never understood the ways they could be exploited (still don't).

In PnP, there is no genie at all, and the wish spells should have been implemented by summoning an hidden rabbit and have it ActionOverride(LastSummonerOf(Myself),StartDialogue(Myself,"Wish01"))

However, to keep to the PnP effects and the BGII implementation, you should keep it as wish02 with a non-hardcoded gender flag (I can't recall if NIETHER has some kind of hardcoded limit).

Archived