CR Bug Reports: Minor bugs/changes

Idobek

WeiDU comes up with "Error Clearing [*.IDS] in [.]" when attempting to install any of the new kits, right after the "Added <whatever> Kit" message... though they are in KITS.IDS.
This is nothing to worry about, it happens a lot now. Wes changed the code to help Littiz with a specific kit adding problem as a result WeiDU reloads kit.ids every time it makes a change. A side-effect seems to be this error message. (I think I got the details right.)
Also, the "Nightcloak of Shar for Viconia" component says it's copying & patching 7262 files(!) and then just seems to lock-up. I assume it's not supposed to do that  :D
The message is right, it shouldn't be locking and probably isn't - give it more time. Cam normally adds a message to say the patch could take awhile.
The "remove TDD/BP cleric kits" component seems to have no effect, with all those kits still there.
At a guess I'd say that the REPLACE_TEXTUALLY commands used to do this aren't cutting it. Not sure why, I can't check without grabbing TDD - the BP & BGT installs don't change these files.
Also, the "Nightcloak of Shar for Viconia" component says it's copying & patching 7262 files(!) and then just seems to lock-up. I assume it's not supposed to do that  :D
The message is right, it shouldn't be locking and probably isn't - give it more time. Cam normally adds a message to say the patch could take awhile.

Yeah I imagine thats the case. All its doing is searching through every single CRE file in the game and any of them with the name Viconia is given the kit.... and thats quite a few CREs...

Inventory - the item is referencing shar01.bam instead of sha01.bam. I think you has to shorten filenames across the board or something - this probably got missed. The same is true of the holy symbol.

WeiDU comes up with "Error Clearing [*.IDS] in [.]" when attempting to install any of the new kits, right after the "Added <whatever> Kit" message... though they are in KITS.IDS.
This is nothing to worry about, it happens a lot now. Wes changed the code to help Littiz with a specific kit adding problem as a result WeiDU reloads kit.ids every time it makes a change. A side-effect seems to be this error message. (I think I got the details right.)

When NiGHTMARE first brought this up I didn't twig that Remix was actually using this code change, it is. It is possible to add the kits to Viconia and Branwen because after the kits have been added WeiDU reloads kit.ids to find the kit's value. The kit can then be given to a creature, this would not have been possible before because there would have been no way to know the kit's value.

I bring this up now because (thanks to SnowKing) I have realised that the kit has to be given to a creature during the same install as the kit being added. If you install a kit and then, at a later date, go back and try to give that kit to a creature it wont work.

Some kind of readme note is required here. And perhaps a feature request, LOAD_KIT?

When NiGHTMARE first brought this up I didn't twig that Remix was actually using this code change, it is. It is possible to add the kits to Viconia and Branwen because after the kits have been added WeiDU reloads kit.ids to find the kit's value. The kit can then be given to a creature, this would not have been possible before because there would have been no way to know the kit's value.

I bring this up now because (thanks to SnowKing) I have realised that the kit has to be given to a creature during the same install as the kit being added. If you install a kit and then, at a later date, go back and try to give that kit to a creature it wont work.

Some kind of readme note is required here. And perhaps a feature request, LOAD_KIT?

Clarification please...

Does this mean that if you want Viconia to be a Nightcloak of Shar it can't be done in game? Or is it just that more tweaking needs to be done? I R cornfused... :D

I means that you have to install the Nightcloak of Shar for Viconia during the same install that you installed the Nightcloak of Shar kit itself. If you install the kit on one install and then go back and try to install the kit for Viconia component the kit for Viconia component wont install (this will be obvious).

If you install them at the same time you wont have a problem, Viconia will have her kit. I don't know whether she will get it if she is already in/has already been in your party, but if you start a new game or Viconia has not yet joined your party she will be kitted.

Hope that is a little clearer.

Archived