Spell-50

Aragorn II

IIRC this has been asked before, and the answer then was that Spell-50 is just a bit too much. It's all fun and games until you get hit by a level 50 fireball. :) In any case, I guess they'd have to get permission from Weimer first.

lvl 50 skulltrap, maybe, but fireball caps out iirc.

Would it be fun to play this game at such ridiculous lvls even? Not even ToB was designed with lvl40+ in mind.

In the default game, I don't think so. However, it's my understanding that it makes enemy spellcasters horrific if it's combined with something like Tactics.

Is there any particular reason why you want to see Spell-50 in Tweaks?

In the default game, I don't think so. However, it's my understanding that it makes enemy spellcasters horrific if it's combined with something like Tactics.

The way I figure it..

It has an option to remove the level caps.. why not the spell caps as well?

From my little spot in the peanut gallery, anyway. :)

The way I figure it..

From my little spot in the peanut gallery, anyway. :)

Exactly my point! Thanks, Riveria!

That is a very good point, actually. Although if you're going to start integrating stuff from other mods into Tweaks, I'd prefer if you began with a few things from D0Tweaks (sensible lore table) and Refinements (lesser robes for monks and the best shapeshifting fix)... :)

The only reason Ease-of-Use became part of BG2 Tweaks is because Weimer isn't active in the modding community anymore.

No, Weimer's absence was not the only reason behind Tweaks incorporating Ease-of-Use, read the merger thread.

I was basically joking about the D0Tweak and Refinements components - those tweaks will of course be wherever their author(s) want them to be, nowhere else.

EoU was a natural fit because I was already maintaining many parallel components in Tutu Tweaks--if I found a bug or made an improvement I could do it for Tutu Tweaks but EoU users were out of luck. Wih Wes' permission, a combined package makes it much easier to manage for me and also means that players can use all of the old EoU stuff and still have active support. That doesn't mean I'm going to start a run on including old Weimer stuff--no Valen NPC options in Tweaks, I'm afraid. :)

Archived