Trapped in Chult

Domi

There is a moment in Chapter 5, when PC has to dive through the portal really quickly to leave Chult. Now, if you don't, the portal would close. The game is over. Or is it? Would not that have been a sweet optional side-quest to adventure in Chuilt for a bit and return to Kuldahar by some neat magical means?

sounds great! that would be awsome. I remember how dissapointed i was the first time i found that out. My druid had just learned how to shape into a panther and I was having loads of fun running around and tearing through my enemies with her...then portal closes and game over.

I would totally download this if someone did it. Go for it!

MUST resist until NPCs are finished :D But yes, seeing the lame "You are trapped in Chult. Your adventures are over." message in the script and seeing how the Chult is used like a minor side trip (with tha gorgeous map and HUGE almost unused temple)... it's just one more place where IWD2 screams for modding!

Plus the fact that you can't really be "trapped" in Chult. You can always walk home.

It would be a good side quest, to find some way to reactivate the portal, or find some other way to get back to Icewind Dale (travel via the Astral or Ethereal planes using items or a shaman form the human tribe?).

It would be a good side quest, to find some way to reactivate the portal, or find some other way to get back to Icewind Dale (travel via the Astral or Ethereal planes using items or a shaman form the human tribe?).

That lends itself to all manner of dramatic and/or hilarious possibilites... it could be quite a straight forward you must ravel through x to get y, or the group end up being teleported errenously to some random place(s)

:) That's a scale that I can't manage. I like the planar walk better, but in the Real World, what can be done is a marine trip to Luskan from Chult, and a Hosttower visit to force the mages to put you back in Kuldahar (they had no troubles putting their assassins in the Icewind Dale).

Agreed, it would be a great spot to put in some African flavoured stories. It would help make the contrast of Chult from the rest of the game more impactful.

You can always walk home.

Take a look at the Faerun map on Blackwyrmslair and you'll laugh at that statement...

I never said it wouln't be a long walk. :)

Archived