My few-days NPC attempt

Garfield

Thank everyone for the support.

I still have a little problem with his characterization. What could his racial enemy be?

I don't want to use Yuan-Tis because he is not some crusader agains his evil kin. So I'm clueless. I have to find a justification for any choice :p

Well, I guess I'll have to think about this... Any ideas? :)

EDIT: I've found why I have some double interjections: they don't dissappear when I uninstall the mod :D But I have uninstalled and reinstalled it several time so it should happen more than 2 times if it was the case :s I'm lost, I'll need other people to test it when I'm kind of done :D

Yes I am... but I guess it is not the reason, for only one interjection repeats...

Have a lok:

INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS2 VICONI 0 VicoHelp

==YU#HAGJ IF ~IsValidForPartyDialogue("YU#HAG")~ THEN

~You know her? Then why are we hesitating? Set her free!~

END

INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS2 VICONI 11 VicoHag

==YU#HAGJ IF ~IsValidForPartyDialogue("YU#HAG")~ THEN

~She did nothing to deserve such a death. You should not have let this happen!~

END

The first one works well, but not the second one :D

Hopefully, someone with access to the game is able to help you. I'm at work, so that will have to wait until I get home, which will be tomorrow, your time. Sorry.

I'm thinking there's someting going on that's keeping state 11 from going on. Maybe another mod? What do you have installed?

If the interjection that repeats is inserted between NPC speaking and PC replies (as opposite to the state where ther eis just NPC speaking), try using I_C_T not I_C_T2 (you should do this anyway, to prevent any action confusion).

Well, the first one works regardless of the command used, but I cannot use I_C_T2 for the second one, otherwise my NPC will receive the fire column instead of Viconia :) (I tried :) )

EDIT: Ok, there is obviously a problem with the installer. If I uninstall the mod and load my save with Hagen in the party, the two interjections are still fire, with no repetition... :hm:

No other mod seems to affect the state 11, just the bioware NPC's interjection.

Well, the first one works regardless of the command used, but I cannot use I_C_T2 for the second one, otherwise my NPC will receive the fire column instead of Viconia (I tried )

The old trick to get this fixed is to insert a comment from Viconia after your NPC's words (ie

Hagen: Don't burn her! Don't burn her!

Viconia: Don't burn me! Don't burn me!

This worked in a rather... unexpected way :hm:

I added a comment from Viconia so now my interjection appears only ONCe but... Viconia's comment does not appear :)

EDIT: definitely an install problem... Other interjections pop up twice as well...

If you have double repetition what might have happened, when you where uninstalling or reinstalling a mod, the uninstall did not run all the way, thus you have in your backed up files an interjection already, instead of a virginal, unchanged file. If you did a backup of dialogue.tlk for the clean BG2-SoA install, now is the time to uninstall your mod and any other mods, delete the WeiDU log and restore BG2 to its virginal, unmodded state.

Viconia's comment does not appear most probably because you are using an incorrect dialogue file. You need to use her inherent file VICONI.DLG or whatever, not B or J file because she is not in the party yet, hence B or J is not assigned to her yet.

Viconia's comment does not appear most probably because you are using an incorrect dialogue file. You need to use her inherent file VICONI.DLG or whatever, not B or J file because she is not in the party yet, hence B or J is not assigned to her yet.

Lol, I actually I mixed both and ended up with... BVICONI :):hm:

Yuhu! Most of the interjections tested work fine. I'll try to test the latest interjection asap, along with the banters. I'm starting an alpha run myself, I'll tell you it goes.

Right now I have:

-2 banters with each NPC except Aerie and Jaheira who gets four each, and the PC gets three.

-20 interjections with 14 "characters" (ok, the Tree of Life is not a character...).

What I don't have but plan to do:

-A soundset. (Yup, I don't like mute NPCs :hm: )

-A "polymorph:snake" spell

And I feel very very confident... a custom quest (I already have the outline of it... Somehow I knew this would never be a "few-days" NPC.)

EDIT: only SoA content I should precise. (I *really* should finish start ToB someday :) )

Get yourself a digital voice recorder. Keep it on your desk while you play. That way, when you come across good places for interjections, you can just record your ideas as you play to code later.

Just don't forget to play back your messages!

Archived