Editing / Makeing new skins

Guest FireMan

Guest FireMan

Any one know where i can get my hands on a tool that can convert the monster skins into bmp / jpg or any format i can edit. Im looking to add a lot of new monsters :)

Sorry for the wrong section, i have a lot of monsters ready to add jsut need to know where the tile set is ( where to place the monsters ) and a convertor to change them back. I have 100's of skins i can add and they are of good quality.

The skins/avatars of monsters in game are BAM files, I believe. You can change and edit BAMs using the BAM Workshop programs (Which you can find here).

I have no experience with editing BAMs or making new animations, but I'd say your best bet is to find a similarly sized creature and use that for a basis to know where to position things.

There might also be a more modern BAM editor available, but I don't know what it might be or where you could find it. Hopefully someone with more knowhow than me will wander past shortly...

bam files seem to the the gui, looking into it atm. New to editing BG2 if you didnt guess but i have made skins for other 2dgames and i have a load siting on my pc that i would like to see in bg :)

Guest FireMan

They are moveing bam files (animations) from iwd1/2 and bg1 to bg2. I just need a tool to open a bam file into .gif or .jpg then i can see what the crack is :) Hope i dont have to make my own convertor lol

WAIT, WAIT, WAIT! You won't be by any chance a guy who has skills to replace Arcanum avatars with something decent? It sounds like a god-awsome game, but the moment you create your character and see that walking bowling pin of a sprite on the screen... Bleh. So if some animator out of the goodness of his heart could fix that one aspect of the game.... :)

best bet for this is bam workshop 1.1.0.7

http://www.teambg.eu/?page=tools&cat=32

from memory: each sequence has a direction and the frames are of that direction. each bam is of a different action I.E walking running attack 1, 2 spell casting, and very important the dieing sequence.

Domi arcanums animations are not going to be imported I think since (I could be wrong) the items are part of the sprite where as bg has the sprite then adds different weapons to it.

OT but arcanum is turn based so kind of sucks there but the story I think I liked better than bg

SK

OT but arcanum is turn based so kind of sucks there but the story I think I liked better than bg

There's a real-time variant of the fighting as well, IIRC. That's harder, though.

(*sigh* and the game doesn't work all that well in Wine/Cedega)

Archived