New Screenshots - Love Talks

CamDawg

@ Cliffette

I look forward to Delainy gracing my party with her stories. 

With PST vs BG2 styles, I guess it depends whether you would rather the mod be immersive (which I think it is now, as the scenes read like a story), or cohesive with the rest of BG2.

Thanks for the kind words Cliffette. It's obvious which style I favored, though everyone is right that for it to not scream 'Mod' making it like BioWare would have been better.

@ Pekka

PST style dialogues are not a problem to me, in fact I prefer PST's very informative dialogues. Playing PST was always like reading a good book - in my opinion, BG2 concentrates a little too much in battles (not nearly as much as BG1, though). So if Delainy has lots of dialogue, great! The more the better!

Well, I always figured that if I wanted combat, I could play Diablo II. But yes, this module will not be for those who just want another combat feature added on.

@ Grim Squeaker

Oh I like PST dialogues as well, but in BG2 mods I prefer them to keep using the BG2 style (i.e. voice not in speech marks, actions in parenthesis) so they blend in.

Yep, you clarified that for me.

@ Smoketest

I, too, can't wait to have Delainy in my party, though Bri already knows as much. Delainy has long been a favorite NPC of mine since TotSC came out. Having romances in BG2 did nothing to dim the memory of that female werewolf friend of mine back in BG1. I've read Bri's dialog suggestions for Tashia, and I'm glad she is the one writing Delainy's dialog.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. For those who do have access to the other Del material seem to like it, overall, as well.

But yeah, I wish BioWare had done more with Del/Dur, I really do.

if you wanted combat play iwd!!!

Not that there is anything wrong with such games. Sometimes I am in the mood to slaughter things.

Just to pick up on something in the first one, Del says 'decimated'. That means one in ten are killed, not 9 in ten. A better word perhaps would be 'slaughtered'.

If you want to be technical, decimate was the punishment given to mutineers in Roman legions, which consisted of killing 1 in 10 soldiers. However, popular usage has expanded its role to include the killing of any large proportion of a group, even if the numbers are greater than 1 in 10.

Just to pick up on something in the first one, Del says 'decimated'. That means one in ten are killed, not 9 in ten. A better word perhaps would be 'slaughtered'.

If you want to be technical, decimate was the punishment given to mutineers in Roman legions, which consisted of killing 1 in 10 soldiers. However, popular usage has expanded its role to include the killing of any large proportion of a group, even if the numbers are greater than 1 in 10.

Don't tell me about the roman legions, I study classical (ancient Roman empire) history. :)

Archived