Requests for improved compatibility / consolidation ...

Luiz

It's not something we can do natively in WeiDU[...]
Move all component code into INCLUDEd files. After that,
BEGIN ~Cam's template~ ...

I have to say, it might be a lot of work to restructure everything like this, but it's a great idea. Many mods could benefit from this type of modular approach. And who knows, you might even be able to design your own 'template' without too much heavy WeiDU know-how. Sure beats sitting there pressing 'Y' or 'N' 100 times or whatever.

Wow, I have to admit I'm surprised by the number of folks who prefer consolidation. For now, at least, let me finish the long overdue v4. :p

On second thoughts, should the Happy Neutrals be dependent on installation of Happy Party? (Am I reading that correctly?)

True, they don't need to depend on one another. I'll make them separate.

(For reference, my junk is here.)

A bit off-topic but... the SP link(s) don't do anything for me ;) Meaning they link me to that funky place (4d-something?) but clicking "Download" leads to failure and connection-reset notices of various forms. It made me sad...

A bit more on-topic: I like the consolidation idea, except that I'd like it separated as well... Since I don't play BG1 (or Tutu, or BGT), unnecessarily downloading stuff that improves that experience makes me slightly annoyed. But I'll survive.

Guest Guest

(Luiz here, although I can't login from this computer at the mo'.)

The 4shared site does have connection problems from time to time. Sorry about that. My junk is definately there, and downloadable ... just not every day, it would seem.

On the consolidation, I saw my name in there somewhere and my little attempt at doing some tweaks. Here's an idea for consolidating:

Not one mod, but a few (the big ones). Each tweak mod will have it's own components that make it unique, but where each tweak has similiar/identical components there can be the option to install one of the versions from each tweak mod. So you could have something like this.

NOTE: This is just an example to show the possibilities

Install [bG2Tweaks standard version] Y/N

Install [someone's version] Y/N

-- contains checks to forbid if first choice was installed

Install [someone else's version] Y/N

-- contains checks to forbid if either of the previous two were installed

That way, when bugs come in for shared components, whomever of the various tweak package mod coders is able to supply the fix can just provide it to the others for a simultaneous upgrade.

BTW, I think there' some funky posts above that need to be removed...

Thread locked due to spam. Start a new one to continue the discussion.

plainab: I don't think Cam is interested in adding even more stuff to tweaks; besides, having multiple tp2s with the same (or similar) components is madness, and it's likely that one of the authors isn't interested in cooperation anyhow.

Ah, posting Zapp quotes is a good way to butter me up. :)

What makes a man turn neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?

Incidentally, I'd like to propose the Zapp definition of neutrality for the next round of Fixpack alignment corrections.

I think I've got enough stuff to build and maintain without taking on another huge project like this. If someone wants to build an elite crimefighting team that can also assist with Tweak maintenance, then sure.

Archived