I just want to say ...

Caliginous

Aklon will be voiced, whether I do it or someone else does (whoever can do the best throaty chuckle? :D ). The voicing included in the mod will be fairly minimal, like most Bioware NPCs, but I'm also planning a separate voice pack for those who maybe don't want to hear all that much, or have low bandwidth internet connections.

In terms of actual voice samples, I'll look at what I have and think about putting some up to see what people think. I might have to do a little re-recording though. Not to be overly critical or anything. :)

And thanks for the vote of confidence re: Gary Stuism, Proserpina. As to that whole "settling down" thing, there will be some options where you can discuss exactly that with him...

The voicing included in the mod will be fairly minimal, like most Bioware NPCs, but I'm also planning a separate voice pack for those who maybe don't want to hear all that much, or have low bandwidth internet connections.

bless ya for that!

Okay, I just wanted to say that I'm completely in love with Aklon and I've only seen the few little teasers that you've posted! :D Honestly, I'm waiting -- and I have been waiting for a while -- on when I can finally let my PC get to know him in... many ways. :party:

I'm thoroughly impressed with everything that I've seen so far! Just know that you have my support and that I'm cheering for you all the way. ???

Oh and because I just have to. *sits quietly in back seat like a child* Are we there yet...? How much farther is it? :p

*looks upward at the two year old assurance I'd try to keep the wait short*

Er.... well, as to how far we've got to go, I won't be giving any solid dates, because I'd be hideously wrong if I tried. I've got about half the banters to go, plus quests and interjections and then the coding, but hopefully it shouldn't be too much longer for the SoA release. Definitely not this year, unless someone offers to do all my real-world work for me, and given the volume of that... well, let's just say I'd be waiting until all the black holes evaporate.

That aside, thanks very much for the vote of confidence Sairyoku, I hope the expectations created by all those snippets end up matching the finished product!

I don't mind waiting for something that I'm fairly positive that I'll absolutely love. I'm just glad that you're still working on it.

It would be horrible if you just gave up on it or something... then again, if you did that, then who knows what the people who've been waiting will do. :blush:

Sadly, real life has been pretty hectic of late, I'm getting ready to move and I've been trying to pack in between other things. I have managed a little more writing, but I should have some more time once I get my packing done.

Maybe you should be thinking of porting this over to Dragon Age: Origins since it has taken this long alrady ;P

With all due respect, in case you hadn't noticed, Aklon has a complete backstory and belongs to the world of the Forgotten Realms. He wasn't written/isn't being written in the context of the Dragon Age: Origins world and story. Aklon belongs to BG2, and I, for one, think he should stay in BG2 (and I'll have no problem breaking out BG2 to play Aklon when he's released).

But, of course, that's BigRob's call. :thumbsup:

Archived