Bug Reports for Version 1.1 Beta

berelinde

Gavin doesn't stop chatting up the PC in dungeons, so the lovetalks firing in dungeons is expected behavior. I figured that the lad's not happy underground, so he's going to reach out to somebody who makes him feel better.

The Penny thing is a bug. I'll look into it. Probably a leftover from before I figured out how to do journal entries. ;)

And here's my source for all portraits in the mod that aren't done by somebody identified. It's in French, but you can probably get through it anyway. "Hommes" is male portraits, "femmes" is female portraits, just in case.

http://cassinus.free.fr/

I downloaded Gavin 1.1 from G3 yesterday, and discovered that version still has the romance kill bug in it, so maybe the bugs I ran into are no longer a problem but...

I picked up Ajantis before I had Gavin in the party and Ajantis said something about Gavin and my relationship being serious (ah poor Ajantis, always the bridesmaid, never the bride...or something)...However, after that one line, Ajantis's dialogs seemed to work fine.

I also had 2 Gavin's. The only issue with that seemed to be when Jaheria was scolding Gavin #1 (in my party) while we were walking by the temple, and Gavin #2 piped up to ask if he could join my party. After that I tried to avoid having the 2 Gavins occupy the same space (I wouldn't want to cause the universe to implode or anything ;) )

While in the Firewine Ruins I asked Gavin if he had any suggestions, and I got the

"NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS" and the "continue" button had the response of "let's finish up and get out of here fast".

Finally, this problem probably has nothing to do with Gavin per se, (it just seems like BG doesn't like mods as much), but I had Gavin often throwing in extra dialogs at times, which would kill or stall a quest (although, perhaps he was just trying to protect me the big sweetie ;) )

For example, while in Nashkell I had 2 different assassins approach and Gavin commented about them before they attacked. He would say something like why is this happening, or are you okay...Thus they never became hostile or attacked me, they just stood there (when I attempted to speak with them got the "busy" line). Gavin also made a similar comment about the Bassillius (zombie guy) thus he did not attack either. (I still attacked them however).

(btw I did download the fixed version after I ran into the romance bug)

For example, while in Nashkell I had 2 different assassins approach and Gavin commented about them before they attacked. He would say something like why is this happening, or are you okay...Thus they never became hostile or attacked me, they just stood there (when I attempted to speak with them got the "busy" line). Gavin also made a similar comment about the Bassillius (zombie guy) thus he did not attack either. (I still attacked them however).

Are you running Gavin on a fresh Tutu install, or have you uninstalled/reinstalled Gavin several times before?

Tutu's very sensitive about uninstalling/reinstalling mods. The Bassilus problem is the one that drove me to chuck my old Tutu install and start out anew, which worked to clear up both that and the twin Gavin problem I also had.

I downloaded Gavin 1.1 from G3 yesterday, and discovered that version still has the romance kill bug in it, so maybe the bugs I ran into are no longer a problem but...

Likely. I don't think the G3 site has been updated. Until then, you could try using the one in the stickied link about the romance-kill bug.

I picked up Ajantis before I had Gavin in the party and Ajantis said something about Gavin and my relationship being serious (ah poor Ajantis, always the bridesmaid, never the bride...or something)...However, after that one line, Ajantis's dialogs seemed to work fine.

I also had 2 Gavin's. The only issue with that seemed to be when Jaheria was scolding Gavin #1 (in my party) while we were walking by the temple, and Gavin #2 piped up to ask if he could join my party. After that I tried to avoid having the 2 Gavins occupy the same space (I wouldn't want to cause the universe to implode or anything ;) )

Both are reinstallation issues. Tutu hates reinstallation. Sorry, but there isn't much I can do about that. [rant]Except, perhaps, get the damned code right the first time so nobody has to reinstall anything. [/rant]

While in the Firewine Ruins I asked Gavin if he had any suggestions, and I got the

"NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS" and the "continue" button had the response of "let's finish up and get out of here fast".

Cool. Excellent report, but I seem to have gotten this one.
Finally, this problem probably has nothing to do with Gavin per se, (it just seems like BG doesn't like mods as much), but I had Gavin often throwing in extra dialogs at times, which would kill or stall a quest (although, perhaps he was just trying to protect me the big sweetie ;) )

(btw I did download the fixed version after I ran into the romance bug)

Gah. More reinstallation, as I know that in each case, the assassins had lines after Gavin's that would return the action to them. Gavin almost never gets the last word in his interjections, so that's usually a clue that strings are scrambled somewhere. Gavin has a string-fixer, but non-joinables don't. If their dialogue files have gone wonky during the course of reinstallation, there isn't any way to fix it.

Tutu really doesn't like reinstalling mods.

While idly reading dialog in InfExp, I came across Xzar's comments concerning the "finger incident". This wouldn't stand out normally, except that Xzar's comments had somehow ended up being assigned to Xan's J file. Having our favorite melancholic Elf suddenly go mad scientist on us would be freaky in-game :)

Secondly, I went on top of the Iron Throne building and got a little easter egg dialogue there. From there, I went straight down to the sewers and tried to talk to Gavin several times (normal PID), but still got the easter egg dialogue instead of the flirts. The only thing that helped was to load a save game and avoid going on top of the Throne.

I got this too, picked "Jump" if that matters, hehe, didn't notice it until I was in Candlekeep again, though, and didn't have a save to re-load. Some of his things still work (he commented after I read Gorion's letter, and then followed up on that in the catacombs) but he's popped up and said it 3-4 more times in different spots, and that's all he says with PID. Do you know if there is an easy way to fix this? Noticed a few mentions of installs/reinstalls in the thread, so should point out that I have reinstalled Gavin once. First install was around March 4th-5th, v1.1. I reinstalled around April 10th to fix something; the most recent files in that archive were dated March 7th.

Reinstalling won't help, I'm afraid, since I don't think the bug was spotted until after the latest release.

You can stop that darned loop by typing the following into the CLUA console:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("B!GavinRoof","GLOBAL",2)

Sorry 'bout that. Unfortunate consequence of attempting to use insomniac time effectively, I'm afraid. It's fixed for version 1.3, but that won't be out until I can finish up on BG1 NPC Recoding.

Edit: Mike1072, that is one great avatar!

Reinstalling won't help, I'm afraid, since I don't think the bug was spotted until after the latest release.

You can stop that darned loop by typing the following into the CLUA console:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("B!GavinRoof","GLOBAL",2)

Sorry 'bout that. Unfortunate consequence of attempting to use insomniac time effectively, I'm afraid. It's fixed for version 1.3, but that won't be out until I can finish up on BG1 NPC Recoding.

Edit: Mike1072, that is one great avatar!

Awesome - that did the job.

Glad you like the avatar, I've been using him for quite a while now. (I should mention that since I have no artistic ability whatsoever, the only contributions I made to it were resizing, cropping, adding a nice little border, and boldly emblazoning my name on it.) Who couldn't love little Sephi? :) Aside from the whole being evil and whatnot.

Whew! One down. Still got a few bugs left, fixed in the local copy, but still rampant. Shouldn't be game-breaking, though, mostly just continuity stuff (storyline doesn't mesh with BG1 NPC as well as I would like). All fixed for 1.3, but if you've got Skie in the party, Gavin might say some strange things.

Thanks for your report!

just a small bug....

Somehow Gavin had been cursed with the girdle of masculinity/femininity.... :)

Right after the party went to the temple at the Friendly Arm and had it removed, Gavin approached the PC and said; "NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS"

I had the PC force talk to him, and that seemed to get the dialog on track (when the PC spoke with him, Gavin actually stated what he meant to say instead of the NVROL)

I think I might have fixed that one during the "recode for BGT" bit, although I can't remember what I changed.

This is the code that is there now, so it shouldn't happen in v1.3.

IF
 %BGT_VAR%
 !HasItemEquiped("%tutu_var%BELT05",Myself)
 Global("B!GavinBelt","GLOBAL",2)
 InParty(Myself)
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("B!GavinBelt","GLOBAL",3)
SetGlobal("B!GavinWoman","GLOBAL",2)
END

IF
 %BGT_VAR%
 Global("B!GavinBelt","GLOBAL",3)
 InParty(Myself)
 CombatCounter(0)
 !See([ENEMY])
 See(Player1)
 !StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
 !StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
StartDialogNoSet(Player1)
END

IF ~Global("B!GavinBelt","GLOBAL",3)~ THEN BEGIN BGavinGenderBender2
SAY ~I'm a man again! Thank the gods! Lathander bless you, <CHARNAME>, I was not put on Toril to be a woman. The obsession about my complexion was bad enough, but the bloating was impossible!~
IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("B!GavinWoman","GLOBAL",2) SetGlobal("B!GavinBelt","GLOBAL",4)~ EXIT
END

The thugs just stand there looking stupid because dummy can't write AI script. This will be fixed for the next version, if I have to pay someone to write it for me.

Edit: CODED

Yeah, the skeletons are a bit of fun, but that's supposed to happen.

Funny story about those skeletons... I had to reload and do that twice - when Gavin turned them, most of them went upstairs, which made the battle with Valeria extremely annoying and skeleton-y... So I finished that, and Gavin comments that he'd like to go outside for fresh air. So we all went outside the house, and bam, PC gets hit by yet more skeletons, bam, death. Whoops. Should've healed first.

Oh, that is too funny! Maybe, if I ever decide to do a "blooper reel" thread, that would get star billing!

That sort of thing seems to happen to me all the time...

Those guys outside the Cloakwood mines, always a pain... Battle was under control, enemies trapped in two stinking clouds and Gavin and Ajantis whacking away at the melee-ers on one side... Suddenly one of the mages wakes up and fireballs poor helpless sorceress PC. She has 1 HP left, and Gavin is about to charge directly THROUGH the stinking cloud to try and heal her automatically. I realize that's kind of bad, and try to walk around the edge of the stinking clouds so that he can heal me without being knocked unconscious. Instead, Marigold (weakest Charname EVER) walks into her own stinking cloud spell. Oops. Reload.

I seem to have the worst luck ever when fighting in these games, really...

Archived