Item Revisions Mod

Demivrgvs

Sorry, I had an exam today and another one next week, leaving IR without any real progress.

Mike seems completely disappeared, thus I have to do everything by myself unless I find a willing coder, but I should have much more time to work on IR after the next exam. I do hope to release it as soon as possible as it's only a matter of few components compared to the huge work that has been alredy done!

I am back. I think all of the pending components have been completed now, so with any luck this thing will finally be ready soon.

... so maybe allow arcane spellcasting with a penality that could make it interesting (20%)
Hmm, or you(Demivrgvs) could make all the armors actually make the casters cast slower their spells without the spell failure, as the failure is quite harsh punishment...

This is an available option upon install.

Eidolon,

I'm sorry I left unanswered your post for so long. Anyway, now that Mike's back we are really close to release IR. For that reason I'm not sure the latest suggestions will make it in V1, as I (and I think Mike too) prefer to release the huge amount of work done as soon as possible and then adding further improvements in subsequent releases with the help of players feedback.

Impaler

I never liked how the impaling damage was implemented in the vanilla game, and I'd like to throw in a couple of suggestions:

- Add some bleeding/damage per round( like vanilla's Corthala blade?): The impaler has, IIRC, a nasty barbed pointy,and if you are impaled on a pointy stick, you can bet there is going to be blood, :) so seems appropriate to me. I don't think there is something similar for another spear.

-Instead of having the Impaler do 10 points of piercing damage on every single hit, maybe it would be more realistic to implement decreasing probabilities of doing more and more damage.

I suggested both thing to Mike long time ago...and somehow he convinced me to leave it unchanged. Anyway I like them both, and I've some nasty variations in mind:

- % chance to inflict x points of damage, save vs. death or suffer bleeding damage

- % chance to inflict x points of damage, save vs. breath or stunned

"Problem" is that the Spear of Whitering alredy has an effect very similar to the bleeding damage and Ixil's Pike has the pinning ability (though it causes sleep), thus the only "unique" solution would be the one where the fixed 10 points of damage are replaced by higher possible damage output based on % chance.

Jarno,

Mike has implemented the "Allow Spellcasting in Armor with Casting Speed Penalty", though I think it needs some serious playtesting to be balanced. I've also tested his code for the armor encumberance penalties (Dex and movement rate) this morning, and works wonderfully. Rejoice, as everything seems to proceed very well, and fast! :(

Jarno,

Mike has implemented the "Allow Spellcasting in Armor with Casting Speed Penalty", though I think it needs some serious playtesting to be balanced. I've also tested his code for the armor encumberance penalties (Dex and movement rate) this morning, and works wonderfully. Rejoice, as everything seems to proceed very well, and fast! :(

*The Imp does a little fire dance.* -And the world would be never the same.

Yes, I am sure the balance needs to be found with the casting speed penalty, but the different armors could have different penalties... WeiDU code :) , but it brings balance, if one is not able to cast as fast with full plate mail on as a leather armor, plus the Drow Elves already gain a bonus from their armor(chain), so it's kinda beautiful symmetry. :D

I suggested both thing to Mike long time ago...and somehow he convinced me to leave it unchanged.

Boo! Hiss!

Actually, if anyone wants to contemplate the spellcasting changes, here's what's set up currently. Note that I've done very little actual playtesting with it, so if you've got any concerns or ideas, the numbers could be tweaked a bit prior to releasing it into the wild.

Shields:

Bucklers & Small Shields: +1 casting time

Medium Shields: +2 casting time

Large Shields: +3 casting time

Armors:

Elven Chain Mail: +0 casting time

Leather Armor: +2 casting time

Studded Leather: +2 casting time

Hide Armor: +2 casting time

Chain Mail: +3 casting time

Splint Mail: +3 casting time

Plate Mail: +4 casting time

Full Plate: +4 casting time

Actually, if anyone wants to contemplate the spellcasting changes, here's what's set up currently. Note that I've done very little actual playtesting with it, so if you've got any concerns or ideas, the numbers could be tweaked a bit prior to releasing it into the wild.
Very good, but just two things.

Will the coding be item specific in the patching? As I would hate to see a mod item being re-moded this way.

And I would suggest that the +3 or +4 and better armors would get the penalty reduced by one, this would be cause they are magically created to enhance the wearer...

Very good, but just two things.

Will the coding be item specific in the patching? As I would hate to see a mod item being re-moded this way.

The component is designed to affect both vanilla and mod-added items. If I understand you correctly, you do not want this? I have found it very disconcerting when encountering items that do not match the rule system in play for the other items (as happened when I was testing this mod, before the separate components were developed and all items were finished).

And I would suggest that the +3 or +4 and better armors would get the penalty reduced by one, this would be cause they are magically created to enhance the wearer...

That's something to consider, but I'm not sure if we want to go there just yet. When upgrading to a better enchanted item, you will already be gaining additional AC without any counter-balance to your spellcasting.

Oh, and just to bum people out, I feel obliged to mention that due to issues with implementation (casting speed increase based on class), in the version designed to only affect arcane casters, C/Ms and F/M/Cs will cast their divine spells slower, too. Sorry!

Oh, and just to bum people out, I feel obliged to mention that due to issues with implementation (casting speed increase based on class), in the version designed to only affect arcane casters, C/Ms and F/M/Cs will cast their divine spells slower, too. Sorry!

That seems reasonable to me. Is the component optional?

Archived