Item Revisions Mod

Demivrgvs

Miloch,

there is nothing "wrong" with colourable quarterstaves. I just think it's a matter of selection.

The thrown hammers animations are going to be a "must-have" for me so it's not so important if I install them from the MixMod or if they are directly incorporated in IR (I'd just opt for the latter only to limit the growing list of installed Mods). I was just saying that IR does not add new items (with very few exceptions where a particular item in the game was totally useless - then it was replaced by something new).

The thrown hammers animations are going to be a "must-have" for me so it's not so important if I install them from the MixMod or if they are directly incorporated in IR
Actually, it would make a difference as I mentioned: if you want to be consistent and patch all throwing hammers with the new animation, including mod-added ones, you'll need to install it in a retroactive tweak.
Thanks! That makes things easier for me. :fish:
Let's keep things easier for you then. ;)
I still don't understand what the 'scope' of this mod is, and how paperdolls and a visual tweak to hammers would fall within it, but a visual tweak to quarterstaves would not...
I was just saying that IR does not add new items (with very few exceptions where a particular item in the game was totally useless - then it was replaced by something new).
Salk's statement is correct.

Regarding quarterstaves, I've not included it only because most if not all pre-existing staffs doesn't need to be multicolored. I may add this feature in the future if I'm persuaded by someone. :O

Sorry I haven't noticed these questions before...

Regarding 1PP, I've only ever used v2, and used to install "Everything but Potions" but not "New Potion Graphics". I also understand that an improved non-wiffle animation for Spell Trap is installed by default. So, Demivrgvs, should I now not install any part of 1PP? Have you included the non-wiffle in IR or SR?
Not having included potions yet, I haven't included "New Potion Graphics" in IR either. The Spell Trap animation is something I'm going to work for SR, I may also look at what Galactygon did about it, his spells' graphics usually are pretty good and he may allow me to borrow Spell Trap's animation.
I'm sure I've seen it mentioned in the past that the archer-type characters are quite weak late on in BG2 + ToB, and was wondering if this was due to a lack of decent arrows. Would the quiver etc of plenty +3 solve this problem?
Surely the lack of +3 enchanted weapons was making them much less effective, and there wasn't many useful ranged weapons too imo, especially compared to the fabulous melee weapons the game does offers.

Anyway Archer already was a very effective Kit, pratically a ranged Kensai capable of delivering high amount of damage quickly and at safe distance. I would dare to claim that during the early stages of the game few Kits are as powerful and easy-to-use as the Archer. It may even reach overpowered status if used in BG1.

Thanks for the reply. I'll just have to see how my ranged characters do throughout both BG1 and BG2 with IR installed.

Regarding Spell Trap, the animation from 1PP is really nice I think, but I've not seen Galactygon's to compare. I don't know if there's anything you're able to do about this with IR and SR, but I've been after a combination of "Invisible Cloak of Mirroring/Spell Trap and Physical Mirror" from Tweaks and "Remove animation from the Cloak of Mirroring (leave it for other spells and effects that use the same graphic)" from SCS II. I created a topic here:

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=14124

As you can see from that thread, DavidW says he'll consider this for SCS II, but I wonder if there's something you could do your end.

Thanks for the reply. I'll just have to see how my ranged characters do throughout both BG1 and BG2 with IR installed.
Good, feedback will be useful. :fish:

Anyway I've just remembered another thing that was towning down ranged characters, BG2's arrows and bolts were stripped of their enhancement bonuses to damage. This combined with the fact that bows missed them too (and most players surely used bows being them much more powerful than xbows) meant that ranged character considerably lacked in the damage output.

I'll think about the aforementioned animations, though I don't see something wrong about the physical mirror/reflection shield/spell turning's one.

Any clues about a release date?
It doesn't depend on me anymore. :O My job is done and now it's all up to Mike to do his coding work and cmorgan to prepare project pages, forums and packaging stuff. I hope it will take no more than a week, it could be less, but it could be more. :fish:
I've simply improved vanilla's Yamato ("The Guardian"). I had created a nice Parry effect (which absorbed the first attack each round), but unfortunately the stoneskin-like effect has both the color chance and sound effect hardcoded which lead me to discard the idea.

Probably too late for version one, but:

How about a small chance per round of setting Protection from Melee Weapons [120]? You could make it just unenchanted weapons or both magical and unenchanted weapons.

The duration doesn't even have to be for a full round.

Graphical effects would probably be too annoying with this one, it might be best to "leave it a surprise" if it's activate or not.

I've simply improved vanilla's Yamato ("The Guardian"). I had created a nice Parry effect (which absorbed the first attack each round), but unfortunately the stoneskin-like effect has both the color chance and sound effect hardcoded which lead me to discard the idea.
Probably too late for version one, but:

How about a small chance per round of setting Protection from Melee Weapons [120]? You could make it just unenchanted weapons or both magical and unenchanted weapons.

Well, unfortunately Mike has been quite busy (and still is) that is why IR V1 is taking much more to come out than I had planned. The "good" news is that this delay allow me to still change some things.

Your suggestion is quite good. Protection from Missiles/Normal Weapons/Magical Weapons surely are appropriate for the Yamato, I've only to think about how to effectively implement your suggestion. As you may know I don't like once/day abilities on weapons, else something like "permanent while equipped immunity to normal weapon + once per day PfMW" would be one solution too. Something along the line of what you seggested is probably better... :)

As you may know I don't like once/day abilities on weapons, else something like "permanent while equipped immunity to normal weapon + once per day PfMW" would be one solution too.
I would think this'd be implemented as an "on hit" melee ability (with a less than 100% chance and a short duration) that affects the wielder, rather than a per use or equipped ability. At least, that's how I'd see it if it's supposed to be a parry-like effect.

Archived