Item Revisions Mod

Demivrgvs

Might I suggest (although you've no doubt thought about this already) that every weapon that can be switched between melee/ranged and melee-only start off as the melee/ranged version (so you'd always have to select it once via the backpack icon if you want to dual-wield - selecting an item via the backpack icon is the method BG2 Tweaks Wear Multiple Protection Items: P&P Style uses, if I'm not mistaken)? This would keep things consistent for each of these switchable weapons, and also be most logical considering the items' descriptions (which will obviously mention the ranged capabilities).

Could you perhaps tell me where the Zerth Blade is going to be relocated to, if it's not too much of a spoiler? Will I still be able to get it in Chapter 2?

Finally, and I appreciate that I'm getting way, way ahead of meself, but have you considered revising the BG1 + TotSC weapons in the same way as you're doing for BG2 + ToB?

Ooh, I almost forgot, there's an old mod called "Itm Value Tweaks" that I've been using - http://www.angelfire.com/alt/karkadinn/mods.html - and I was wondering if I should continue to use it even with IR installed.

Thanks again, D-Man! We're the ones who should be giving it all this :)

Might I suggest (although you've no doubt thought about this already) that every weapon that can be switched between melee/ranged and melee-only start off as the melee/ranged version (so you'd always have to select it once via the backpack icon if you want to dual-wield - selecting an item via the backpack icon is the method BG2 Tweaks Wear Multiple Protection Items: P&P Style uses, if I'm not mistaken)? This would keep things consistent for each of these switchable weapons, and also be most logical considering the items' descriptions (which will obviously mention the ranged capabilities).
Yes they should be exactly as you correctly suggest. I'll double check it asap, I'm currently moving all descriptions from the .tp2 file to a .tra one (in case anyone wish to translate them, though it wouldn't be an easy task at all), and it's taking me an eternity! ;) I didn't knew how that Tweak Pack's component works, it probably would have helped me finding this solution much faster! :)

Could you perhaps tell me where the Zerth Blade is going to be relocated to, if it's not too much of a spoiler? Will I still be able to get it in Chapter 2?
At the moment you can find it right where it was before. :) I've not "killed" the bonus merchants yet, and a recent suggestion for SCS got my attention: having them spawn only in chapter 6. Until I decide how to proceed I'm not going to touch them, thus they'll probably remain untouched in the pre-release (which I hope will be ready very soon).

P.S In the future I'd like to make Zerth Blade improving itself as its wielders gains levels.

Finally, and I appreciate that I'm getting way, way ahead of meself, but have you considered revising the BG1 + TotSC weapons in the same way as you're doing for BG2 + ToB?
Actually, IR already does it! ;) You must play BGT or easyTutu to install it, but I think there's should be no reason to play BG1 without one of the those two mods! If some BG1 items have skipped the revision just let me know.

Ooh, I almost forgot, there's an old mod called "Itm Value Tweaks" that I've been using - http://www.angelfire.com/alt/karkadinn/mods.html - and I was wondering if I should continue to use it even with IR installed.
Yes you can (just install it after IR), it may change some prices of IR's items but I don't think it will be much of a problem.
I'm currently moving all descriptions from the .tp2 file to a .tra one (in case anyone wish to translate them, though it wouldn't be an easy task at all), and it's taking me an eternity!
It shouldn't, if you just do a 'weidu --traify setup-input.tp2 --out setup-output.tp2 --traify-comment' which will generate a .tra file automatically (you can skip the comments if you want). Or maybe you're talking about something else.

Bonus Merchants/Zerth Blade

The Chapter 6 idea isn't a bad one, although I would prefer it to be optional. Immy and I love our Zerth Blade (and it'd be great if it improved over the course of the game!).

BG1 + TotSC Weapons

What I meant by this was with regard to the unique weapons in BG1 + TotSC (although I really don't know if there are many of them - maybe this is a non-issue).

Itm Value Tweaks

I guess what I meant to ask was "Do I need to use this any more, or will IR address the same items (and loads more!)?

Stock items added by other mods e.g. BG2 Tweaks Exotic Items, Miloch's soon-to-be-released-maybe Lost Items etc, will they have their stats altered to match those of IR? I suppose that would depend on mod install order, right? I really don't think I'd want to play EasyTutu without Exotic Items, but I'd naturally want the items to have the same stats as those from IR.

So much to discuss! :)

BG1 + TotSC Weapons

What I meant by this was with regard to the unique weapons in BG1 + TotSC (although I really don't know if there are many of them - maybe this is a non-issue).
There are very few unique items in BG1 (at least compared to the sequel), some of them are re-used in BG2, others not. IR revises all of them anyway, and because I've not restored some of them into BG2 some of IR's items are actuall only for BG1. ;)

Itm Value Tweaks

I guess what I meant to ask was "Do I need to use this any more, or will IR address the same items (and loads more!)?
I'm not too familiar with that mod, but it seems to me it adds price values to items that previouslyhaven't them. IR only sets revised items' prices, thus miscellaneous ones (like the golden torso mentioned in Itm Value's readme) won't be affected by IR.

Stock items added by other mods e.g. BG2 Tweaks Exotic Items, Miloch's soon-to-be-released-maybe Lost Items etc, will they have their stats altered to match those of IR? I suppose that would depend on mod install order, right? I really don't think I'd want to play EasyTutu without Exotic Items, but I'd naturally want the items to have the same stats as those from IR.
If by 'stats' you mean global changes (e.g. weapons' damage dices, shields' base AC value, ...) then yes, they will be patched to match IR's ones. Not all meticulous details will be implemented on mod-introduced items, but you may not even notice that sort of things (e.g. items weight values, standardized descriptions, ...).

No, I doubt it. I don't know how it is coded, but it would need another block for descriptions and effects for each rebalanced unique item if it is coded how I think.
Let's not talk of it in this already huge thread, if you wish to help me out PM is a much beter way! Anyway I do think 'Icen is right'. ;) Though that for me means at least another hour of "work" on it. :)

BG1 + TotSC Weapons

That's great news! What prompted me to ask about it was that there was some good discussion in the Lost Items thread over at PPG, especially with regard to the World's Edge sword.

Itm Value Tweaks

If you haven't already done so, take a look at the readme for the mod and you'll see everything it does. Going on what you've said, it sounds like I should keep on using the mod. The only thing I'm not 100% sure about is if it patches or overwrites, being an old mod an' all. Maybe someone who knows about these things could kindly check it out for me, and let me know if it's "safe" to use.

Stock Items

Yeah, I meant global changes like your revised damage, speed etc, so that's more great news from yourself.

You know, I think I'm done for the time being. If discussing and keeping up with the development of a mod is this tiring, I dread to think what it's like trying to code the bugger!

That sounds good, Ilyich.

Random thought: I'm sure I've seen it mentioned in the past that the archer-type characters are quite weak late on in BG2 + ToB, and was wondering if this was due to a lack of decent arrows. Would the quiver etc of plenty +3 solve this problem?

Stock items are stock items. So if IR or any mod changes them, they get changed wherever added unless someone has copied them to another item. Which happens I believe with several mods, including SCS, not sure about Exotic Items. Lost Items v2 just puts BG2 resources in Tutu (or the BG1 part of BGT) so even if you installed this overwriting mod after it, changes should apply either way. The v3 has a few new items planned (as discussed in the thread linked in my sig) that wouldn't be affected unless specifically addressed by one mod or the other. Due to their specific nature (e.g. nerfed exotics available early) I don't know what would need to be changed. (And incidentally, I have a patch that fixes some of the more glaring issues discussed in that thread if you want to do some alpha beta testing.)
The only thing I'm not 100% sure about is if it patches or overwrites, being an old mod an' all.
It patches, oddly enough, and only a few items in the price field, so it should be fine installed after an overwriting mod.
You know, I think I'm done for the time being. If discussing and keeping up with the development of a mod is this tiring, I dread to think what it's like trying to code the bugger!
Heh. Maybe you should try it... :)
I saw something in the readme called ADD_ITEM_EFFECT.
Yeah, that adds an effect to a header but not a header to an item, which is probably easier since you just have to update the header count and the feature block offset, instead of all the freakin' indices too.

Archived