Item Revisions Mod

Demivrgvs

10 turns = 2 hours :)
Copy and paste error while posting. :)
How about, for the Flasher Launcher;

Blinding Flash: 5% Chance on hit to Blind opponent for 5 Rounds?

Yeah, blinding effect seems appropriate.
No, it isn't Magic Damage that is the issue with that iirc, it was casting an arcane spell at whoever hit the person.
Ice is right, and I've obviously taken care of it. ;)

I've finally added The Answerer and Angurvadal (both done two minutes ago) and I'd like to hear some feedback especially about the former which has a quite unique effect now.

I'm probably going to test everything tonight and then I'll send the files to Mike1072 tomorrow for codes and checks. Thus if anyone has any suggestion about any item this is the moment to throw them in!! ;)

Wow...tonight I've checked every single item (more than 600!! :) ) and if sleepiness hasn't fooled me you can now find description of each of them (I've updated all missing items too like Erinne Sling). Some of them doesn't completely satisfy me but they should still be better than vanilla's versions, and it will take only a moment to refine them as soon as a good idea comes up.

The following really is last group of weapons left to post.

Wakizashi...

Yamato +3

Equipped Abilities:

Armor Class: +2 bonus

Saving Throws: +2 bonus

THAC0: +3 bonus

Damage: 1D8 + 3

Notes: I've simply improved vanilla's Yamato ("The Guardian"). I had created a nice Parry effect (which absorbed the first attack each round), but unfortunately the stoneskin-like effect has both the color chance and sound effect hardcoded which lead me to discard the idea.

Ninja-to...

Usuno's Blade +4

Combat Abilities:

Shocking Blow: 10% chance of dealing 2D10 additional electrical damage

THAC0: +4 bonus

Damage: 1D8 + 4, +1D6 electrical damage

Notes: I've simply improved vanilla's Usuno ability. This item really has to be changed in the future imo.

Katanas...

Malakar +2

Equipped Abilities:

Armor Class: +2 bonus (none vs. missile)

Keen: +10% chance to score critical hits

THAC0: +2 bonus

Damage: 1D10 + 2

Notes: I've simply expanded vanilla's Malakar ("Dueling Steel") concept.

Celestial Fury +3

Special Abilities:

Batto (at will): when Celestial Fury is drawn, thunder and lightning explode from the scabbard blinding (3 rounds) and deafening (6 rounds) opponents within 10 feet; those who succesfully save vs. wand cannot be affected by this ability for the duration of the encounter

Lightning Bolt (once per day): an arc of lightning leap at one target inflicting 10D6 points of damage (save vs. breath half)

Combat Abilities:

Booming Thunder: every successful strike causes a boom that stuns opponents for 1 round (save vs. spell neg.)

Shocking Blow: 5% chance of dealing 20 additional electrical damage

Damage: 1D10 + 3

Notes: mostly unchanged. I've replaced once/day Blindness with its PnP ability (I've named it Batto because of how it works). I don't think it really needs to be nerfed as long as you play with SCS (which should make quite impossible to achieve it early), if we ever opt for nerfing it we may reduce the chance to 50% and then add Electrical Resistance to "even the odds" (PnP's version grants complete immunity to electricity).

Hindo's Doom +3

Special Abilities (once per day):

Lesser Restoration

Equipped Abilities:

Magic Resistance: +10% bonus

Combat Abilities:

Tenchu: 10% chance of casting Holy Smite upon the target (5th caster level)

Damage: 1D10 + 3

Notes: I've added the Tenchu (literally "Wrath of Heavens") ability, which suits quite well the weapon's background (though vanilla's one has to be extended) and ensure this weapon won't be always relegated to the off-hand (vanilla's version lacked of usefulness in the main hand). The un-upgraded version now already grants magic resistance (because the upgrade is available very late in the game).

Hindo's Doom +4

Special Abilities (once per day):

Greater Restoration

Equipped Abilities:

Immunity to death effects

Magic Resistance: +15% bonus

Tenchu: 15% chance of casting Holy Smite upon the target (5th caster level)

THAC0: +4 bonus

Damage: 1D10 + 4

Notes: as always upgarding the items improves most of its abilities. The new combat ability and +5% magic resistance are the only changes here.

I would also improve the caster level of the Holy Smite on upgrade. Perhaps up to 8th level?
I don't know, I would have to create a custom spell (to allow non spellcasters to "cast" at non-minimum level), while for once I have just used the original spell. Furthmore I think 20% chance of doing 5D4 magic damage in a 20 feet radius (plus the blinding) is already quite powerful.
Wow...tonight I've checked every single item (more than 600!! :) ) and if sleepiness hasn't fooled me you can now find description of each of them
Aaa, what about the Unholy Reaver, the anti-paladin two-handed sword+5. Not to be confused to the Soul Reaver. ;)
Aaa, what about the Unholy Reaver, the anti-paladin two-handed sword+5. Not to be confused to the Soul Reaver. ;)
Well, vanilla's Unholy Reaver was more a roleplaying feature (a cameo) than anything else. It is not usable by humans, the only PC race who can become an Anti-paladin.

Anyway, just for fun, I've already done it (though I still need a bam for it, at the moment I've stolen Weimer's upgraded Soul Reaver one :) ). Should I really make it usable by palyers? ;)

It wood look like this:

Unholy Reaver +5

Equipped Abilities:

Magic Resistance: +25% bonus

Combat Abilities:

Dispel: removes all magical effects upon the target (save vs. spell neg.)

Unholy: deals additional damage against creatures of good alignment

THAC0: +5 bonus

Damage: 2D6 + 5, +5 vs. good creatures

Usable By:

Anti-paladin

Notes: dispel now allow a save (in case we allow players to use it, else we may keep it overpowered :) ), magic resistence was missing.

Is there a hidden kit, Fallen Paladin? I don't think so.

Is it then just considered a Paladin? You could change the scripts to make it usable by a Paladin who isn't LG.

EDIT: That really isn't clear. I meant make the item usuable to non-LG Paladins (all kits) and change the Fallen Paladin bit in Baldur.bcs unless it is hardcoded ( :) ) to change the Alignment to something else.

Icen

Guest Guest

I have a few quick comments and questions:

Holy Smite isn't a very party-friendly spell for parties with evil characters, so using Hindo's Doom won't be an option for them. Isn't there an alternative to Holy Smite?

You say you don't restore Kiel's buckler because it's already in RR, but not everyone uses RR (or they do use it but not its additional equipment component), so would you consider including a "include Kiel's Buckler?" component for those of us not using RR?

Finally, as far as the DEX penalties for armors are concerned, will I be able to tell what type of armor is suited to what DEX score (and therefore which party member) or will I have to try each armour on each party member to see what gets the best result (doing this for every bit of armor I find would obviously be tedious)?

Is there a hidden kit, Fallen Paladin? I don't think so.

Is it then just considered a Paladin? You could change the scripts to make it usable by a Paladin who isn't LG.

I've made it usable by Paladins (all kits) as long as they have evil alignment. I was supposing a fallen Paladin is still considered a Paladin for item usability as Unholy Reaver's owner actually is a paladin of evil alignment, I don't know if the "falling" process also switches the usability flag to fighters.
Holy Smite isn't a very party-friendly spell for parties with evil characters, so using Hindo's Doom won't be an option for them. Isn't there an alternative to Holy Smite?
Hindo's Doom is supposed to be a sort of Holy Avenger katana, it's the blade of an honorable Samurai who fought countless times against evil undeads. Anyaway you do have a point, because katanas are quite rare restricting one of them to good or neutral parties may reduce its appeal to some players. I'll think about it, though I do love it as it is now.
You say you don't restore Kiel's buckler because it's already in RR, but not everyone uses RR (or they do use it but not its additional equipment component), so would you consider including a "include Kiel's Buckler?" component for those of us not using RR?
Yeah, it wasn't my priority, but I'll do it.
Finally, as far as the DEX penalties for armors are concerned, will I be able to tell what type of armor is suited to what DEX score (and therefore which party member) or will I have to try each armour on each party member to see what gets the best result (doing this for every bit of armor I find would obviously be tedious)?
Don't be scared by the %: 5% actally means -1 to AC, 10% means -2, and 15% means -3. The % only makes the difference at very high dexterity values (> than 20) or very low values (which doesn't count in terms of AC).

As BGT player, I am not fond of BG2 Mods that reintroduce BG1 items (for obvious reasons) so I am hoping that IR won't make me find stuff I have already had and perhaps even taken with me.

Of RR, I install Chosen of Cyric, Shadow Thief Improvements and Revised Thievery. I am hoping that this means no Kiel's Buckler... :)

A similar problem might come with Unfinished Business for BG2 which, if I am not mistaken, reintroduce the Spiders' Bane.

About the Fallen Paladin, I was just thinking of the rare situation where a character goes on playing after losing its paladine status. It's for such rare event that the Unholy Reaver should be reserved but I ignore if it's possible to flag it with such usability. The Paladine with alignment different from LG might be a good workaround if the class is formally paladin.

Holy Smite isn't a very party-friendly spell for parties with evil characters... Isn't there an alternative to Holy Smite?
Hindo's Doom ... Any away you do have a point, because katanas are quite rare restricting one of them to good or neutral parties may reduce its appeal to some players. I'll think about it, though I do love it as it is now.
Well, the spell effect could be like the Dragon's Breath, Comet and Wail of the Banshee, that the party members are immune to the area effect(thus damage). You might have to make the item eff, but that should be easy...

I also ask you to reconsider making the Crom Faeyr a non-throwing hammer. The reason is that I would like to use it as my main weapon, but with a dual weapon on the other hand.

Ups, this:

Flails can be found at page 7
Should be linked to 7

Archived