Item Revisions Mod

Demivrgvs

Crom Faeyr:

jarno mikkola seems to suggest that you can't use the Crom Faeyr in non-throwing mode and use a second weapon in your other hand. Is this correct? Why would the game stop you from using two melee weapons at the same time i.e. with the Crom Faeyr being in melee mode?

Because we aren't talking about two different items that can be morphed to-one-another. And the game gives this: baldr003ho6.jpg

Edit, so I was +9 minutes late, but I made a screen shot... :)

Also,

I'll try it out asap and let you know, what you players think about it?
That would be perfect, or even better could be to make un-throw-able version which can be change to the throw-able version, via the equipment spell window, and then have the throw-able version have that and the feature to have the quick style change. ;)

Crom Faeyr

Well, as I've expected the aforementioned tweak does work fine! Yeah! ;)

That would be perfect, or even better could be to make un-throw-able version which can be change to the throw-able version, via the equipment spell window, and then have the throw-able version have that and the feature to have the quick style change.
At the moment it works like this, for consistency reasons I would have removed the melee header from the ranged version...but I'm quite sure players prefer to keep it, am I wrong?

If it is ok for you, I'm going to implement it at least to unique one-handed thrownable weapons (Azuredge, Rifthome, K'logarath, Dwarven Thrower, Boomerang Dagger, Fire Tooh). It seems quite a lot of work. ;) I do think I should be able to implement it in the pre-release version Mike is finishing. And speaking of pre-release, cmorgan has kindly offered a temporarily host for IR until G3 is back again in its full operability. :)

Unless for some reason you need to remove the melee header from the ranged version, it would make sense from an ease-of-use perspective to leave it there.

It's great that this solution has been found. My Level One NPCs version of Korgan is going to kick all kinds of ass with his dual-wielding!

Edit: Hey, are there any BG1 or TotSC weapons that would benefit from such treatment?

Unless for some reason you need to remove the melee header from the ranged version, it would make sense from an ease-of-use perspective to leave it there.
Ok, done and implemented to all respective items. Throwing Daggers won't have both headers because of the different attack per round rate. Just so you know, I would have preferred to have distinct melee and ranged items, but I do understand that from an ease-of-use perspective having both headers in the same item is much better.

Should I rename the items to allow an easy identification or add a note in the respective descriptions? Else the only way to know which one you're currently using is employing them in combat or seeing how many headers it has!! :) Changing the name is probably better, though somewhat less appealing from an aesthetic point of view.

For example:

- Boomerang Dagger +2 (ranged) and Boomerang Dagger +2 (melee)

- Boomerang Dagger +2 ( r) and Boomerang Dagger +2 (m)

Which on would you prefer? If you think there's a better solution let me know.

It's great that this solution has been found. My Level One NPCs version of Korgan is going to kick all kinds of ass with his dual-wielding!
With this last tweak not only he'll be able to use Azuredge, but to dual-wield it too! ;);)

Edit: Hey, are there any BG1 or TotSC weapons that would benefit from such treatment?
I don't think there's any Returning weapon in BG1.

I may not be 100% clear on how switching between weapon types is going to work, but shouldn't it be pretty obvious which version of the weapon you're using? I think as long as you put somewhere near the start of the readme something like:

IMPORTANT: Weapons that have both melee and ranged capabilities blah de blah...

As long as it's made clear how to alternate between the weapon versions, then it should be easy enough to create the version you want e.g. melee/ranged for Anomen, melee-only for Korgan etc. I don't think adding (melee) and (ranged) to the weapon names is desirable or necessary.

Oh, and regarding thieving skill penalties to pick pocketing from armour, I think it may be best if these don't apply. I'm just picturing a situation where you're in a shop and taking off your armour to remove the penalties:

Shopkeeper: You there! What are you doing? Are you about to try and pick pocket me?

You: *grumbles and puts your armour back on*

In Cloakwood there is a returning throwing Axe +2, unnamed.
I haven't applied the change to "common" throwing weapons because the work behind it (it actually takes three versions of the same item!) surpasses the benefits too much imo (who's gonna dual-wield un-enchanted throwing axes instead of battle axes?). But these Throwing Axe +2 may be an exception...there are two unused (in BG2) resources that probably are left-overs of BG1's Throwing Axe +2: is the one you mention ax1h05.itm or ax1h05.itm?
I may not be 100% clear on how switching between weapon types is going to work, but shouldn't it be pretty obvious which version of the weapon you're using?
In the ability slots from where you usually select effects/spells to be cast from equipped items there will be the icon of the respective weapon, you can change from melee item to ranged one by selecting it.

It's pretty obvious only if you use it once, else name, description, and bams are exactly the same. It's not a big problem, once you've tried it you'll always know which one you're holding.

Oh, and regarding thieving skill penalties to pick pocketing from armour, I think it may be best if these don't apply.
I and Mike decided to have only stealth abilities (hide in shadows and move silently) affected by wearing armors.

About the Cloak of Mirroring:

Bearwere's Tweaks&Tricks changes it - in the name of consistency - to no longer protect from Area Effect spells and at the same time it makes it protect against Call Lightning.

Do these changes seem reasonable to you too?

In that case, could they be added to your revised Cloak of Mirroring?

Keep it up! :)

Bearwere's Tweaks&Tricks changes it - in the name of consistency - to no longer protect from Area Effect spells and at the same time it makes it protect against Call Lightning.
Where can I find Berawere's Tweaks&Tricks? :) For name of consistency if you want to keep its original effect (which even isn't really the original one because ToB already towned it down considerably) it should protect from some Area Efffect damaging spells (like Fireball), while it shouldn't protect from others (like stationary cloud spells).

I understand you players would prefer to keep it more unique, and my changes on it are far from being optimal in this perspective, I'll do something about it.

Archived