Item Revisions Mod

Demivrgvs

I've finished most blunt weapons (Clubs, Flails, Maces, and Morning Stars) but i'll list them sparately for convenience. I don't like that Bioware put Morning Stars and Flails in the same proficiency (i play with the Alter Weapon Proficiency System from Tweack Pack) but unfortunately Flail of Ages is the only unique flail in the game! :) I think i'll have to add at least one or two flails somewhere...especially because i'm probably going to eradicate Joluv from existence (he's totally out of place imo)! :D

Blackblood +2

THAC0: +2 bonus

Damage: 1D6 + 2, +1D6 acid damage

Notes: previously a +3 weapon (too easily obtainable), acid damage changed from +3 to +1D6. I thought about making acid damage dealing 1 point of damage on the first round, 2 on the second, 3 on the third, and 4 last points on the fourth (comparable to a bleeding damage). This should counter the loss of +1 enchantment level but it will make it very similar to the Gnasher.

Gnasher +2

Combat Abilities:

Slivers: 2hp/round for 4 rounds

Damage: 1D6 + 2

Notes: Un-changed at all, I think it was perfect.

Bone Club +3

Combat Abilities:

Doom: target receives a -2 penalty to attack rolls, damage rolls and saving throws for 1 turn (non-cumulative)

Undead Bane: effective enhancement bonus against undead is +3, deals additional damage against undead

THAC0: +1 bonus, +2 vs. undead

Damage: 1D6 + 1, +8 vs. undead

Notes: slightly increased the damage vs. undead; added the Doom ability to make it useful against non-undead creatures.

The Root of the Problem +3

Combat Abilities:

Entangle: offshoots branch out wrapping the target and holding it fast for 1 round (save vs. breath neg.)

Monster Bane: effective enhancement bonus against monsters is +3, deals additional damage against monsters

Undead Bane: effective enhancement bonus against undead is +3, deals additional damage against undead

THAC0: +1, +2 vs. unnatural creatures

Damage: 1D6 + 1, +8 vs. unnatural creatures

Notes: now uses the standarized Bane abilities but it works exactly as before. The new entry is the entangle ability, I think this weapon deserves to be a good one (only druids get it and not so easily).

Club of Detonation +3

Equipped Abilities:

Immunity to normal weapons

Combat Abilities:

Detonation: 10% chance a 5d6 fireball will detonate with each successful attack

Burst of Flame: 15% chance target will take an additional 2D6 points of fire damage

THAC0: +3 bonus

Damage: 1D6 + 3, +1D6 fire damage

Notes: using the wonderful UB's extended description the demon trapped inside the weapon was completely immune to weapons, the only way to deafeat it resulted in trapping it inside this club.

Club of Detonation +4

Special Abilities (once per day):

Protection from Magical Weapons

Equipped Abilities:

Immunity to normal weapons

Fire Resistance: +50% bonus

Combat Abilities:

Detonation: 5% chance a 10d6 fireball will detonate with each successful attack

Burst of Flame: 20% chance target will take an additional 2D6 points of fire damage

THAC0: +4 bonus

Damage: 1D6 + 4, +1D6 fire damage

Notes: further expanded the concepts of the total immunity to weapons, and of the Ring of Fire Resistance making the demon's powers more controllable. I've decreased the enchantment bonus by one as trade-off.

Before going on listing all maces i may add that i've added/changed some bams when two items previously shared the same (e.g Mauler's Arm had the same one of a normal +1 mace, The Slepper had the same of a normal +2 morning star, and so on). Furthmore we've (i've a very collaborative tester) come up with a little tweak for dual wielding of which i'm really proud. Just to put some suspense. :)

Ardulia's Fall +1

Combat Abilities:

Enfeeblement: target is slowed and receives a -1 penalty to attack rolls and armor class for 2 rounds (save vs. spell neg.)

THAC0: +1 bonus

Damage: 1D6 + 2

Notes: removed the +3 bonus to save against the effect (must be tested to see if it works too often, but I think it shouldn't); added the penalties (appropriate both to the slow effect and to the item's description).

Mauler's Arm +2

Combat Abilities:

Strength: +2 bonus

Damage: 1D6 + 3

Notes: changed the "set STR 18" into "+2 bonus to STR".

Skullcrusher +3

Combat Abilities:

Bone Breaking: each hit reduces target's maximum hit points by 2 for 1 turn

Human Bane: effective enhancement bonus against humanoids is +3, deals additional damage against humanoids

THAC0: +1 bonus, +2 vs. humanoids

Damage: 1D6 + 2, +8 vs. humanoids

Notes: more focused to really represent a human bane weapon as per description. I've added the wounding ability in order to balance the reduced effectiveness against non-humanoids (borrowed from Item Upgrade).

Mace of Disruption +3

Combat Abilities:

Disruption: undead creatures must save vs. death or be destroyed

THAC0: +1 bonus, +2 vs. undead

Damage: 1D6 + 2, +8 vs.undead

Notes: the "double damage vs. undead" is replaced by the "bane" effect, which deals more or less the same damage but grants a very useful enchantment level. I've removed the -4 penalty to the save against disruption because it was too powerful being applied on every hit.

Mace of Disruption +4

Equipped Abilities:

Immunity to level drain effects

Combat Abilities:

Disruption: undead creatures must save vs. death or be destroyed

Undead Bane: effective enhancement bonus against undead is +4, deals additional damage against undead

THAC0: +2 bonus, +2 vs. undead

Damage: 1D6 + 3, +8 vs.undead

Notes: it now has a +4 enchantment level, which means it can hit the most powerful undead creatures, demiliches. I'd like to add another "+1 equivalent enchantment", any suggestion?

Storm Star +3

Combat Abilities:

Chain Lightning: 15% chance arcs of lightning leap at all enemies inflicting 3D6 points of electrical damage

Damage: 1D6 + 4, +1D6 electrical damage

Notes: I've added the chain lightning ability (previously granted to the upgraded version only), increasing it's chance of triggering from 5% to 15% but reducing the damage dealt from 10D6 to 3D6. A minor change regards its speed factor, which is improved by 2 points to match the description: "Storm Star is surprisingly light, making it particularly easy to wield in combat".

Storm Star +4

Equipped Ability:

Electrical Resistance: +25% bonus

Combat Abilities:

Chain Lightning: 15% chance arcs of lightning leap at all enemies inflicting 3D6 points of electrical damage

Call Lightning: 5% chance to call down a lightning storm upon the target; each round for 4 rounds one opponent is struck for 4D6 points of electrical damage

Damage: 1D6 + 5, +1D6 electrical damage

Notes: I've added the call lightning ability, increased electrical resistance by 5% and reduced mace's enchantment bonus by 1.

Here's the complete list of morning stars and flails. As always i'm open to any suggestion/criticism.

The Sleeper +2

Combat Abilities:

Unconsciousness: 50% chance target must save vs. death or fall asleep for 2 rounds

Damage: 2D4 + 2

Notes: removed the +3 bonus to save against the effect, it has to be tested for balance issues. I've borrowed an IWD II's bam for it because it previously shared the common morning star +2 bam.

Wyvern's Tail +2

Combat Abilities:

Poison: 1hp/sec for 2 rounds (save vs. poison neg.)

Damage: 2D4 + 2

Notes: "damage type: poison" (5 points) has been changed to "poison opcode" (1hp/sec for 12 sec).

Ice Star +4

Equipped Abilities:

Fire Resistance: +25% bonus

Combat Abilities:

Bitter Cold: penetrating ice shards deals additional +1D6 cold damage and +1D6 piercing damage

Damage: 2D4 + 4

Notes: increased fire resistance by 5%, cold damage changed from 1D4 to 1D6 and added a +1D6 piercing damage. It's slightly more powerful, and it should considering you get it from Gromnir.

Flail of Ages +3

Combat Abilities (20% chance each):

Cold Head: +1D6 additional cold damage, slow target for 2 rounds

Fire Head: +1D6 additional fire damage, -2 penalty to THAC0 for 2 rounds

Acid Head: +1D6 additional acid damage, -2 penalty to AC for 2 rounds

Damage: 1D10 + 3

Notes: it had 33% chance to slow for 3 rounds, and a total of +3 elemental damage on each hit. Each effect is associated to a different elemental damage animation, you always know what you are inflicting.

Flail of Ages +5

Combat Abilities (20% chance each):

Cold Head: +1D6 additional cold damage, slow target for 2 rounds

Fire Head: +1D6 additional fire damage, -2 penalty to THAC0 for 2 rounds

Acid Head: +1D6 additional acid damage, -2 penalty to AC for 2 rounds

Poison Head: +1D6 additional poison damage, further 1hp/sec for 2 rounds

Electric Head: +1D6 additional electrical damage, stuns for 2 rounds

THAC0: +5 bonus

Damage: 1D10 + 5

Notes: elemental damage decreased from 10 fixed damage to random 1D6 (actually because of how staggered probabilities work there's a little chance of dealing up to 5D6), +5% to magic resistance is gone and at the moment free action has been removed too in favor of more combat abilities.

Having to post bows there's something that can be said: they were clearly nerfed in BG II, and still they were much more effective than Xbows and slings. Trying to rectify this I've done the following:

- arrows and bolts has been un-nerfed (if i'm not wrong only bullets weren't nerfed)

- enhancement bonus are applied only to thac0 in the case of bows

- enhancement bonus are applied both to thac0 and damage in the case of Xbows and slings

Because of the apr bonus bows are still better than Xbows and slings (which only have a slightly damage advantage), but slings can benefit from being one-handed and usable by a wider selection of classes.

To make Xbows at least appealing we can add them a +1 to thac0 (I think it's easier to aim with them rather than knowing how to wield a composite long bow) or increase the chance of scoring criticals hits. Let me know your opinion.

Speaking of bows I've also slightly changed how long bows and composite bows work:

- long bows no longer have a +1 to thac0 but +2 to damage as compared with short bows

- the required strength required to wield a composite bow has been decreased to 16

- composite bows deals additional damage based on the strength required to wield them (Str 16 implies +1 to damage, Str 18 implies +2 to damage and so on).

Short Bows...

Tuigan Bow +1

Combat Abilities:

Speed: +1 attack per round

THAC0: +1 bonus

Notes: unchanged.

Eagle Bow +2

Combat Abilities:

Entangle: 20% chance target must save vs. breath or be entangled for 2 rounds

Notes: previously a plain short bow +2. I've added the entangle effect. BG1 only at the moment.

Tansheron's Bow +3

Combat Abilities:

Phantom Arrows: the bow requires no ammunition; phantom arrows are considered to be of +3 enchantment when determining what they can hit

Damage: 1D6 + 3

Notes: Normal arrows cannot be fired from this bow anymore. I'd like to make Phantom Arrows more "unique" adding an effect (e.g. chill touch or fear) or some damage (e.g magic or cold). What do you say?

Iron Bow of Gesen +4

Combat Abilities:

Lightning Spears: the bow requires no ammunition; lightning spears are considered to be of +4 enchantment when determining what they can hit

THAC0: +4

Damage: 1D6 +4 piercing, +1D6 electrical damage

Notes: mostly unchanged. Normal arrows cannot be fired from this bow anymore. As above, I'd like to add it something special (e.g. 5% chance of chain lightning on hit). Any suggestion?

Darkfire Bow +4

Resist Fire/Cold

Equipped Abilities:

Fire Resistance: +10% bonus

Cold Resistance: +10% bonus

Darkfire: inflicts additional 1D6 points of either fire or cold damage

Notes: I've raised resistances by 5% and added elemental damage to make it appealing (though this ability may be better reserved for the improved version). I've also replaced Improved Haste with Resist Fire/Cold (I know it's a huge nerf but Bio put that spell pratically everywhere and here it's far from being appropriate imo).

Darkfire Bow +5

Resist Fire/Cold

Equipped Abilities:

Fire Resistance: +20% bonus

Cold Resistance: +20% bonus

Darkfire: inflicts additional 1D6 points of fire and 1D6 of cold damage

Notes: same as above, the improved version at the moment only boost every ability.

Long Bows...

Long Bow of Markmanship +2

Damage: +2 bonus

Notes: unchanged for now. Something has to be done, what about High Mastery in bows while equipped? :D BG1 only at the moment.

Elven Court Bow +3

Arrow of Dispelling

Arrow of Detonation (6D6, Breath half)

Usable by:

Elf

Half-Elf

Notes: I've added both special abilities.

Mana Bow +4

Equipped Abilities:

Magic Damage Resistance: +20% bonus

Combat Abilities:

Pierce Magic: each hit reduces target's magic resistance by 5% for 5 rounds

Notes: I've added Pierce Magic on hit (though dispel may be more appropriate :) ). I think of it (and the description suggests it too) as a Wizard Slayer's tool.

Taralash +4/+5

Equipped Abilities:

Movement Rate: +2 bonus

THAC0: +4/+5 bonus

Notes: both are unchanged for now. Clearly they need to be improved considering they're found at the very end of Watcher's Keep! Probably something related to mobility...

And Composite Bows.

Ripper +2

Equipped Abilities:

Stunning: 20% chance target must save vs. death or be stunned for 1 round

Damage: +4 bonus

Requires: 18 Strength

Notes: I've added the stunning ability to make it unique, but something else may be better.

Strong Arm +2

Damage: +9 bonus

Requires: 19 Strength

Notes: I think its phenomenal damage is enough even without any special feature.

Heartseeker +3

Heartseeker: +20% chance to score critical hits for 2 rounds

Combat Abilities:

Accuracy: additional +3 to attack rolls, and +10% chance to score critical hits

Damage: +3 bonus

Requires: 16 Strength

Notes: I've replaced the +7 on attack rolls once/day with Heartseeker ability, and I've added the Accuracy effect (after all it's the most enchanted composite bow in the game).

Sensible Prices, Charisma/Reputation effects on Prices

Vanilla's prices were often quite random while I wanted to tie them to the item actual value.

I've used the following table as a guideline, adjusting it a little when needed.

Enhancement bonus -- Item's Price

Un-enchanted -- as per 2nd edition PH

Masterwork -- 500gp (adjustment example: masterwork daggers cost 250gp)

+1 bonus -- 1000gp (adjustment example: normal full plates cost as a +1 item)

+2 bonus -- 3000gp

+3 bonus -- 5000gp (e.g. Stonefire +2: +2 (base enchantment) +1 (flaming) = +3 enchantment)

+4 bonus -- 7500gp

+5 bonus -- 10000gp

And so on. Even the most powerful SoA items shouldn't have a total enchantment bonus > +5/+6, except rare cases.

Reputation won't give any discount (most stores shouldn't even know charname's reputation, it doesn't make sense that neutral or evil parties are so heavily penalized, and so on).

Charisma will still offer a little discount as follow: CHR 15/16 (-5%), CHR 17/18 (-10%), CHR 19/20 (-15%), CHR 21/22 (-20%), CHR 23/24 (-25%), CHR 25 (-30%).

Sensible Lore System

Vanilla's lore system was broken imo, having random lore values and allowing a level 10 bard to identify just everything. I've changed both the lore table and the required lore to identify every item.

Lore Table: Fighters/Paladins/Rangers (+1 lore/level), Clerics/Druids (+2 lore/level), Thieves/Blades (+3 lore/level), Mages (+4 lore/level), Bards (+6 lore/level).

Required lore to identify: every item will require +10 lore per enchantment bonus, plus +5, +10 or +15 if the item is respectively common, rare or unique (e.g. Arrows +1 have a +1 bonus but are quite common, thus will require 15 lore to be identified).

Dual Wielding light/heavy weapons

Normally (in vanilla) characters with +++ in two weapon style fights with no penalty to main hand and -2 penalty to off-hand, in short 0/-2. This regardless the weapons size. At the moment we've done this:

- light one-handed weapons like short swords give a +1 bonus to off-hand thac0

- medium sized weapons like long swords give neither penalty nor bonus

- "heavy" melee weapons like bastard swords give a -1 penalty to it

The result is that:

- characters wielding two bastard swords will fight at 0/-4

- characters wielding a bastard sword and a long sword will fight at 0/-3

- characters wielding a bastard sword and a short sword will fight at 0/-2

- characters wielding two long sword will fight at 0/-2

- characters wielding a bastard sword and a short sword will fight at 0/-2

- characters wielding a a long sword and a short sword will fight at 0/-1

- characters wielding two short swords will fight without penalties

The only relevant global change regarding two-handed swords is that they now deal 2D6 points of damage instead of 1D10 (two handed weapon style is generally less profitable than the dual wielding or using a shield, therefore there's nothing wrong if they deal a little more damage and have slightly better enchantments imo).

Furthmore I'm probably going to restore Spider's Bane (SW2H06), though UB "reintroduced" it as a broken sword in Pai'Na extended quest. I also wish to do something about an unused sword (SW2H13) which at the moment is only a copy of Spider's Bane with a beautiful, different bam. :)

Sword of Chaos +2

Combat Abilities:

Vampiric: drains one to four hit points from the target and transfers it to the wielder

Damage: 2D6 + 2

Notes: I've left it as it worked in vanilla, but it's surely more powerful now. Anyway I wish to change it to something more related to chaos if possible, does anyone know how it was supposed to work when Sarevok could use it to its full potential in BG1?

Spider's Bane +2

Equipped Abilities:

Free Action: the wielder is immune to everything, magical and otherwise, that limits his mobility in any way

Immunity to poison effects

Damage: 2D6 + 2

Notes: added the immunity to poison. Where should I put this sword in-game?

Flame of the North +2

Equipped Abilities:

Cold Flame: a shield of cold, blue flames grants the wielder +50% fire resistance and inflicts 5 points of cold damage to whoever succesfully hit him

Damage: 2D6 + 2, +1D6 cold damage

Notes: drastically changed, previously it had +10% magic resistance and +5 damage vs. chaotic evil creatures (which was a very weak version of Carsomyr imo). It should grant more variety to two-handed repertoire now, and offers at least one great sword with elemental damage.

Lilarcor +3

Equipped Abilities:

Immunity to charm & confusion effects

Damage: 2D6 + 3

Notes: it's a +3 weapon too easily obtainable before going to Spellhold, and it quite bothers me, but I fear that reducing it to +2 would ruin this weapon (I love to use it with the extended banters and Minsc :) ). Any suggestion?

Berserking Sword +3

*CURSED*

Equipped Abilities:

Berserking: the wielder goes berserk and totally out of control whenever a fight takes place

Immunity to charm, confusion, fear, hold & stun effects

Notes: added the immunities. The idea behind the change is: "it's cursed, and has a its drawbacks, but one must ask if such power is worth using in the end" so that players may decide to actually use it for once.

Harbinger +3

Combat Abilities:

Burst of Flame: 15% chance of inflicting 2D6 points of fire damage to opponents within 5 feet (save vs. breath half)

Entrapment: 5% chance of trapping the target in a dimensional maze

Notes: I've replaced the original chance to trigger a fireball on hit with a party-friendly smaller explotion. I've also replaced the "turn ogre into stone" with a maze effect which seems appropriate with the weapon's lore (which I've also slightly extended).

Silver Sword +3

Combat Abilities:

Keen: +10% chance to score a critical hit

Vorpal: 5% chance of decapitating the opponent (save vs. death at -6 negates)

Not usable by:

Lawful Good

Notes: vanilla's Silver Sword had a 25% chance of decapitating the opponent (save vs. death at -2) which made the effect take place too often imo. I've added the usability restriction because at least Paladins or similar characters shouldn't wield this weapon.

Soul Reaver +4

Combat Abilities:

Enervating: each hit drains 1 level from the target (save vs. death neg.)

Vampiric: drains one to four hit points from the target and transfers it to the wielder

Damage: 2D6 + 4

Not usable by:

Good-aligned characters

Notes: energy drain expands vanilla's concept (which was a -2 to thac0 on hit without save), but the save should make it work less than 50% of the times (actually less than 20% against "warrior" type of creatures). I've added the vampiric effect to make this sword a decent "equivalent" to Carsomyr for evil characters, and I think it's appropriate to the weapon (furthmore the description has been changed to be more "epic").

I've standarized how the vampiric effect works. It now inflicts additional points of magic damage (which is actually better than any other type of damage, and bypass stoneskin too) and cure the wielder up to his maximum hit points (raising max hit points a là Vampiric Touch spell could be exploited).

Warblade +4

Combat Abilities:

Bluntness: +1D6 crushing damage

Oversized: less accurate but more damaging than a normal-sized two handed sword

Damage: 2D8 + 4

Requires: 18 Strength

Notes: It's not a "normal" +4 sword anymore but it shouldn't be much more powerful than before either. Anyway it can be quite great for characters that already have good thac0 and it offers an unusual opportunity to deal crushing damage to sword users, very useful against golems for example.

Carsomyr +4 ---> another attempt to nerf it without removing its appeal

Special Abilities (3 times per day):

Dispel Magic: dispels all magical effects upon any creature in a 30' radius (25th level of the caster)

Equipped Abilities:

Magic Resistance: +25% bonus

Combat Abilities:

Dispel: removes all magical effects upon the target (save vs. spell neg.)

Holy: deals additional damage against creatures of evil alignment

Damage: 2D6 + 4, +6 vs. evil creatures

Usable By:

Paladins

Notes: The spell version of Dispel Magic has been greatly improved going from 15th caster level to 25th (it now works 50% of the times even against liches) but i think it deserves to be "more powerful" than its on hit version.

Dispel on hit now allow a save vs. spell: previoulsy I had used a % chance but this way i think it can propably work even better. It's still incredibly powerful against low-mid level opponents (which will probably fail the save 50-75% of the times), but it should be less overpowered while still very useful against high level opponents (which will fail the save about 25% of the times).

The increased damage now works vs. evil creatures instead of chaotic evil only! :)

Originally the sword would have set magic resistance to 50%, but that solution was quite "broken". Changing it to a +X value it now correctly stacks with any other source of magic resistance, which is much more useful imo. Therefore I've opted to half the value from 50% to +25%, I'm sure this weapon is still one of the best in the game.

Enchantment level is reduced by 1: it helps reducing its power, and it's "necessary" in order to differentiate it from the upgraded version.

Carsomyr +5

Special Abilities (3 times per day):

Dispel Magic: dispels all magical effects upon any creature in a 30' radius (30th level of the caster)

Equipped Abilities:

Magic Resistance: +25% bonus

Holy Aura: all allies within 10' radius gain +25% bonus to magic resistance

Combat Abilities:

Dispel: removes all magical effects upon the target (save vs. spell at -2 neg.)

Holy: deals additional damage against creatures of evil alignment

Damage: 2D6 + 5, +6 vs. evil creatures

Usable By:

Paladins

Notes: the improved Carsomyr is "nerfed" to +5 (weapons with +6 enchantment bypass Absolute Immunity, which is plain wrong imo) but grants +25% magic resistance to all party members within 10' radius, and has a more powerful dispel abilities (both spell and melee version).

Gram the Sword of Grief +4

Equipped Abilities:

Magic Resistance: +10% bonus

Combat Abilities:

Pain: -1 penalty to strength and dexterity for 5 rounds (save vs. death negates)

Poison: 10% chance of dealing 2D12 additional points of poison damage

Notes: I've added the ability to inflict Pain, which suits quite well the sword imo, and even the unimproved version of the sword now grants magic resistance. Enchantment bonus has been lowered by one to differentiate it from the improved version.

Gram the Sword of Grief +5

Equipped Abilities:

Magic Resistance: +15% bonus

Combat Abilities:

Bleeding Damage: 1hp/round for 5 rounds

Pain: -1 penalty to strength and dexterity for 5 rounds (save vs. death negates)

Poison: 20% chance of dealing 2D12 additional points of poison damage

Damage: 2D6 + 5

Notes: upgrading the weapon improves all its abilities and adds Bleeding Damage too. Previously it had a Level Drain effect but it would make this weapon too similar to Soul Reaver.

Psion's Blade +4

Equipped Abilities:

Mind Shield: confers protection against many forms of mind-control magic, such as charm, confusion, domination, fear, feeblemind, know alignment, hold, sleep, stun, and Psionics

Notes: vanilla's one protects only from Psionics, which is quite useless considering when you get this weapon. I've greatly extended the immunities, and reduced its enchantment from +5 to +4.

When you package this mod for installation, I hope you consider setting it up so that the user can pick and choose which items they may want to install. Speaking for myself, I find some of your revisions interesting and tempting to try and others not so.

Just my 2 cents worth :)

John

When you package this mod for installation, I hope you consider setting it up so that the user can pick and choose which items they may want to install.
Global changes like masterwork weapons, dual wielding tweak, armor encumberance, and so on are good examples of things that can be optional. Making each item a separate component instead is too extensive, but it will be really easy to manually prevent an item from installing. Furthmore the idea was rebalancing them all together, installing only some items could lead to some inconsistencies and/or some oddities I'm not aware of.
Speaking for myself, I find some of your revisions interesting and tempting to try and others not so.
Which one do you think have not been treated as they should, and which one are ok? As I said to others who PMs me, if things like this are pointed out in the thread they can be discussed, and i can try to content your requests. Obviously I can't always do such a thing becasuse I've my convictions too, but most of the times I can do something.

How's it going again. I haven't been to this site in a while. I see you're still working on your project. I just completed a Multiplayer game of BGII:tob and am looking to get back to the modding in preparation for a solo BG1-2 campaign.

I am in the process of finishing the eye and hand of vecna(I don't mind being cheesy on a solo game). I noticed in one of your previous posts you mentioned set bonuses(dragon set). Can you explain how you can do this, as it's exactly what I want. Currently, I have the hand being sentient (with silly dialog) and converses with wishlike abilities(vecna taking over). I would much rather have a set bonus than using a once-only spell ability. If you or anybody else could explain this to me, it'd be much appreciated.

P.S. on a side-note; I was thinking that the cloak of mirroring should cast a duplicate back at caster, sense it's mirroring. You'd still be hit though, but so would they.

Archived