Dream tweak

Kulyok

Not long ago, I've discovered for myself(and I wasn't the first, I am sure) that it is possible to get more than one talk at rest from different NPCs - quite annoying. When you add dreams and cutscenes at rest, it becomes even worse.

I propose a tweak that might work: adding RealGlobalTimerExpired and RealSetGlobalTimer accordingly to every dream script from pdialog.2da+player1d.bcs. Here is some discussion. I will, er, try to code it, myself, but from the time I've already spent on it, reading Sim's and the_bigg's code and corrupting innocent game scripts, it seems it will be as long as writing one full quest(which I probably should do, instead).

So... do you ladies and gentlemen think it might be a worthy addition for v5?

(If you think it could work, but would rather leave it to me, sure, but it will be ready only for v15, then. :) )

I'm not shy, so I probably will! I know my limitations, and I appreciate the help!

Now that I've completely hijacked the thread, I think this is a great idea, and hope to see it implemented somewhere. But I'd really like to schedule some time so K'aeloree, Grim Squeaker and I can talk about how things stand with Crossmod Banter Pack, and what needs to be done for the next version. If we can get this component up and working, I wouldn't object to its inclusion, because two night-talks are frankly quite annoying.

(Aside: my knowledge of English idioms really improves with each modding/writing/gaming suggestion. The last one was Jason's "knock yourself out", which was really an improvement to Jyzabyl's "get your knickers in a twist".)

I would really prefer Tweaks, since it's not about just mod talks - it's about game events, as well. If you've seen that memorable Kelsey screenshot, it's kinda sucks to see that dream after Anomen's 'remove my armor' talk. (But, yes, okay, whatever.)

If it were up to me, it wouldn't be about only mod-added talks, because hopefully the code that fixes this would apply to both mod-added talks and the hysterical effect in the example as well, but Cross-mod Banter Pack probably gets enough install frequency to cover it.

And the Grim Squeaker has graciously agreed to its inclusion, if it does wind up in Crossmod Banter Pack instead of Tweaks.

If it were up to me, it wouldn't be about only mod-added talks, because hopefully the code that fixes this would apply to both mod-added talks and the hysterical effect in the example as well, but Cross-mod Banter Pack probably gets enough install frequency to cover it.

I see your point. I certainly agree about fixing/tweaking the dream events in the main game/with Bioware scripts, as well.

As for which mod, just to explain myself further:

1) Crossmod seems to be about, well, cross-mod, when the original game has these issues, as well;

2) I see BG2 Tweaks in every install/Weidu.log/recommended thread, and I can't say I see the same for Crossmod - in fact, I myself install Tweaks every time, but Crossmod Banter Pack - very rarely(Sorry!).

No need to apologise, Kulyok, we all play differently. :) I think it would be great if it was included in Crossmod, because it is more of a Crossmod issue than a BG2-core issue.

If it goes into Tweaks, that's fine too - but to me, Crossmod sounds like a better option.

Either way, I think it is a very good idea, and one that should definitely be implemented, whatever mod it goes in. :)

Archived