Weidu barfs again

Yovaneth

Can someone please tell me what's wrong with this? Weidu is giving an

'Unable to resolve translation string @5'

(or @6 or @7 depending on what's commented out). The line(s) are simply

EraseJournalEntry(@5)

etc. and yes, the .tra strings really do exist.

-Y-

Try to call the lines @10000++, and dump them into your Setup-Mymod.tra instead. Also, in your tp2:

LANGUAGE ~English~ ~English~ ~MyMod/English/Setup-MyMod.tra~

This works for me.

Thanks Kulyok: I'll try renumbering the lines. The .tra file and the .tp2 file header have worked fine up until adding those commands to three dialog files. Currently the .tra file has over 2000 lines in it and the .tp2 instructions number well over 600 lines. If the very worst does happen, I'll simply take them out.

-Y-

You have multiple tra files, yes? When you compile something with string references, WeiDU looks in the tra file(s) designated in the LANGUAGE block by default unless you tell it otherwise. If you use the AUTO_TRA flag WeiDU will try to find and use, say, foo.tra when you compile foo.baf or foo.d. Otherwise, you'll need to dsignate a tra file in the command itself, i.e. COMPILE ~foo.d~ USING ~bar.tra~

You have multiple tra files, yes?

Hi Cam

No.... one single .tra file, although it's getting big enough that I was considering breaking it down. It's odd that JOURNAL, SOLVED_JOURNAL and UNSOLVED_JOURNAL all work on that group of lines, but EraseJournalEntry() doesn't <sigh>. Off to try Kulyok's suggestion....

-Y-

[Edit] I give up. I found a syntax error three lines above which traify did not see. Having corrected that, traify still threw an unresolved error, so just for the hell of it, I ran the installer anyway. It worked.... but did say 'installed with warnings'. There weren't any warnings scrolling passed during the installation run, so I started NI to check the EraseJournalEntry() and guess what? They're all correctly parsed in the dialogs. So I ran another installer run with the EraseJournalEntry() commands commented out and it installed flawlessly. I have to assume that the 'installed with warnings' is still refering to EraseJournalEntry() but I'm absolutely clueless at this point; even the Weidu debug file shows no warnings at all, despite that 'installed with warnings' notification.

even the Weidu debug file shows no warnings at all, despite that 'installed with warnings' notification.
Yeah, I just got something similar when installing another mod - absolutely bugger all in the .debug log but the same INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS. It'd nice if something somewhere actually tells you what those warnings are, if they're not completely bogus.

Is there some sort of undocumented weirdness with EraseJournalEntry() we aren't aware of?

even the Weidu debug file shows no warnings at all, despite that 'installed with warnings' notification.
Yeah, I just got something similar when installing another mod - absolutely bugger all in the .debug log but the same INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS. It'd nice if something somewhere actually tells you what those warnings are, if they're not completely bogus.

Check your DEBUG file for warning and possible errors. In Yovaneth's case, I'll practically guarantee it's a warning that a compiled file is taking strings from the setup tra file (yes, it's intended, but WeiDU still logs a warning). It'll also throw up warning if your scripts reference, say, a creature that hasn't been copied into the override prior to the compilation.

Check your DEBUG file for warning and possible errors. In Yovaneth's case, I'll practically guarantee it's a warning that a compiled file is taking strings from the setup tra file (yes, it's intended, but WeiDU still logs a warning).

Honestly Cam - there isn't a single warning or error in the debug logfile. Not only have I checked it line-by-line (four times!), I've also run searches on 'error' and 'warn'. In this case there are no hits for 'error' and only 'installed with warnings' triggers for 'warn'. From what you say, it does sound like I can ignore it but it wouldn't be good for a released mod. I'd rather leave the UNSOLVED_JOURNAL entries active than have that, because the player would never know if it was a genuine installer warning.

How very vexing!

-Y-

Huh, that's really odd--I was receiving warnings for my tests of Fixpack v5; one of which was the tra issue, which is why I was sure it was the same. Is the MODDER flag set in the tp2? The DEBUG will contain a lot more warnings with it enabled.

No, the MODDER tag isn't set. I unset it after it threw a complete and utter fit when it saw Nythrun's bam patching in the tp2 file! My conclusion is that somewhere there has to be something wrong with that particular dialog file that Weidu can't see.... I just have to find it.

-Y-

Specifying in the .tp2 header
MODDER setup_tra NONE

will shut up one of the installed with warnings false positives - it's hard to say if anything else might be amiss without seeing the files ;)

I'll give that a try and report back <big salute>. Assuming that is, that my exploding power supply hasn't taken out the motherboard or something stupid... :):)

-Y-

Well, the Amazing Exploding Power Supply disappeared in a noisy puff of its own smoke and left everything else intact - for which I am extremely grateful. Say this very quietly but it probably serves me right - I think I overloaded it....

Anyway.... I tried MODDER setup_tra NONE and got a 709 (??) error from Weidu. It didn't matter whether I gave it the full path to the setup .tra file or just the name of the file, or where I put the line in the .tp2 file prior to the actual process of copying and patching. IIRC putting in the full path gave a 173 (??) error - sorry, I'm on another PC some time later and stoopid here forgot to make anything that might resemble a useful note on a piece of paper.

The loud noise is my head repeatedly making contact with my desk. I figure I really must be some kind of idiot but I haven't quite found the right catagory yet.

-Y-

Archived