vanilla BG1 modding question

jastey

In BGII, I would use "ForceSpell(Player1,PALADIN_LAY_ON_HANDS)"

What is the equivalent to "PALADIN_LAY_ON_HANDS" in BG1? I have to admit I don't even know where to start looking.

You already tried this from IESDP?

20 LayHands(O:Target*)
Is probably left over from BG1. It does not seem to work In BG2. In bg1 the spell (INNATE_LAY_ON_HANDS) was used for this by paladins, in BG2 paladins use the spell (PALADIN_LAY_ON_HANDS). I will do more testing on this.
Heres an example Paladin script using the bg2 paladin spell:

IF
 ActionListEmpty()
 HPPercentLT(MostDamagedOf(Myself),50)
 !StateCheck(MostDamagedOf(Myself),STATE_INVISIBLE)
 HaveSpell(PALADIN_LAY_ON_HANDS)
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
	   Spell(MostDamagedOf(Myself),PALADIN_LAY_ON_HANDS)
END

What is the equivalent to "PALADIN_LAY_ON_HANDS" in BG1? I have to admit I don't even know where to start looking.
Tsk. You should know by now that the equivalent of PALADIN_LAY_ON_HANDS in BG/TotSC is 3109. C'mon, jastey! ;-)

LayHands() is probably all kinds of crash in any IE game. Don't use it.

To recap, spells are always determined by <type#><spell#>: SPWI102 (Armor) is 2102, SPPR406 (Defensive Harmony?) is 1406, Lay on Hands (SPIN109) is 3109.

Thank you for your answers! (devSin - :) )

theacefes: (I feel really stupid) where did you find that description? I looked at IESDP -Appendices -Spells -Bg1:TotSC but that's not what you quoted.

devSin:

To recap, spells are always determined by <type#><spell#>: SPWI102 (Armor) is 2102, SPPR406 (Defensive Harmony?) is 1406, Lay on Hands (SPIN109) is 3109.
I fear you have to start one step earlier, as I have null experience with spells... Do I use "ForceSpell(Player1,3109)" for my purpose now? Where would I use the "SPIN109" and where "3109", and how do I know which number the type would be (and where do I find the number of the spell, to start with...)?

The other spell I need is "CLERIC_PROTECT_FROM_EVIL". I was hoping to be able to find it myself after your responses, though.

CLERIC_PROTECT_FROM_EVIL should be in SPELL.IDS.

SPIN109 is just the spell file of the existing Lay on Hands innate (in BG/TotSC). You'd use 3109 places where you'd expect to use PALADIN_LAY_ON_HANDS, and you'd use SPIN109 the same places you'd need a resref for CLERIC_PROTECT_FROM_EVIL.

All you need to do is find the spell you want (using NI, you should be able to just troll through the spells until you find it), note the type# and spell#, and look to see if it's already in SPELL.IDS (you can APPEND a new symbol for the spell with WeiDU if it isn't) or just use the number (as posted, type SPPR is 1, type SPWI is 2, type SPIN is 3, and type SPCL, unavailable in BG/TotSC is 4, plus the three-digit spell number).

IESDP BG/TotSC scripting reference:

BG/TotSC action descriptions

BG/TotSC IDS files listing

BG/TotSC IDS trigger descriptions

Examples:

IF
HaveSpell(3109)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
ForceSpell(Player1,3109)
RemoveSpell("SPIN109")
END

COPY_EXISTING JASTEY.CRE OVERRIDE
ADD_MEMORIZED_SPELL SPIN109 #0 INNATE

APPEND SPELL.IDS "3109 PALADIN_LAY_ON_HANDS"

IF
SpellCastOnMeInnate([],PALADIN_LAY_ON_HANDS)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
DisplayStringHead(Myself,~You're not the only one who can play grabass!~)
Spell(LastTrigger(),PALADIN_LAY_ON_HANDS)
END

I mean that places where you'd use SPPR108 (or whatever Protection from Evil is) are the only places where you'd use SPIN109 (i.e., SPIN109 is a resref that you'd only use when you want resrefs).

So something like a RemoveSpell() action that takes a spell resref is the only place you'd want to use "SPIN109" and not 3109 (i.e., 3109 is identical to PALADIN_LAY_ON_HANDS, and you use it the same places you'd normally use CLERIC_PROTECT_FROM_EVIL or any other SPELL.IDS symbol).

...And I don't know where all those "y" come from that I use in this thread at places they do not belong.
I thought it was just an unintentional reference to Milli Vanilly (or Vanilli I guess). They were big in Germany I hear.

Edit: oh gods, now I have one of their songs stuck in my head... :stabs self:

Archived