Not Exactly a warning label.....

BigRob

I'm surprised, I thought that the french were still out of favor with the American public, Bush or no Bush.

The American public is currently around 292,000,000 people. I wouldn't be surprised if there were at least a few francophiles left in that lot, especially as only around 50,000,000 voted for Bush. ;)

EDIT: By the way, great label. ;)

I have read that the voter turnout always hovers below 50-55% in the US, less than half of these voted for Duppa. I think this label will be much appreciated in France. Btw Belgians also want their 'Freedom' fries back. ;)

However, in our last election, that means less than half of the other voters voted for the other candidate. It truly came down to decimal points of percentages.

So, if Gore had won it, much like Bush, one couldn't say he would have a clear mandate by the people.

However, in our last election, that means less than half of the other voters voted for the other candidate.  It truly came down to decimal points of percentages. 

So, if Gore had won it, much like Bush, one couldn't say he would have a clear mandate by the people.

The numbers were (according to CNN.com):

Gore

50,996,116 48 % 21 States 266 Electoral Votes

Bush

50,456,169 48 % 30 States 271 Electoral Votes

That was darn close. Personally, I've always prefered the mandatory national pub quiz as a method for choosing our leader.

Hahaha, what a label! ;)

I have to agree with the French in this case (for once!); George W. Bush is an...well, there are young people here, so I won't write that nasty word.

Let's just say that he isn't in my list of top 10 US presidents...

Well, not to go devolving in political arguing (and I think it is safe to say that we should be careful), I honestly don't like Bush or Kerry. Before that, I didn't like Bush or Gore. If there had been a real, viable third party candidate, I would have voted for them.

Archived