Haldamir NPC, call for alpha testers!

berelinde

Haldamir is an unkitted male elf fighter. He has two banters apiece with the BioWare cast and five banters with the PC (six for an elven PC). There is no quest, and no romance, but there is a friendship of sorts.

I'm testing out the SoA portion before the ToB portion, although the mod will not be released as a non-alpha until the ToB part is done.

This mod is not very complicated, so I expect to go straight from alpha to full version 1.

Website.

The links at the bottom of the page are still inactive, but I'll be activating them once the alpha is ready, probably later today or tomorrow.

Haldamir is an unkitted male elf fighter. He has two banters apiece with the BioWare cast and five banters with the PC (six for an elven PC). There is no quest, and no romance, but there is a friendship of sorts.

I'm testing out the SoA portion before the ToB portion, although the mod will not be released as a non-alpha until the ToB part is done.

This mod is not very complicated, so I expect to go straight from alpha to full version 1.

Website.

The links at the bottom of the page are still inactive, but I'll be activating them once the alpha is ready, probably later today or tomorrow.

Kewl! I already have a party planned in my head for him. I don't know how helpful a tester I am, but I'd be happy to give him a run.

Ah, but there's no Crossmod for him yet, so he won't talk to Kivan.

But... it's looking like it will be tomorrow night for the alpha, though, so maybe if I can catch Domi for tweaking Kivan's lines, there might be some after all.

Not sure about quests. The mod was conceived at least partially because so many NPCs do have urgent quests, and I wanted to do an NPC that didn't place any pressing demands on the PC.

That isn't to say that he doesn't have his own "quest," but it's more of a voyage of discovery, without a single thing to get from somewhere else or a bad guy that needs slaying.

Hey, already posted at SHS, but I'll definitely be interested in Haldamir. I have already run my all-elven party through BG1 and will be starting a BG2 runthrough by mid-april. Planned party:

- PC Swashbuckler

- Jaheira (ok she is half-elven but I like her)

- Aerie

- Kivan

- Xan

- Haldamir

Thanks!

You won't get banter beween H. and Xan, of course, and Kivan's still iffy (depends on availability, etc.), but you'll get some for Jaheira and Aerie, and he's got a fair amount of scenery dialogue to keep you from getting bored.

I'll send out a PM when I activate the link.

For the purposes of testing, I'll stick to the Bio guys, just to be a good tester.

I can do my all elf bit later :)

I was hoping for the next ... what was it??? ... RE or Crossmod...that was going to include the new Anomen material you wrote...before romancing him again, but I'll do it now for testing.

It'll be nice to have another fighter to use in the game.

That'd be great, Amaurea!

Heh. If your PC is elven and has a charisma of 9 or better, you can even get Haldamir's reaction to the PC sleeping with Talak... it might come as a bit of a surprise... or not, perhaps. No, Haldamir isn't romancable, and that isn't going to change, but... well, you'll see. All I can say is that installation order won't matter.

Oh thank you to both of you!

I have a clean BG2 install right now with no mods added, so I'll be building as soon as the link is live.

berelinde, are there any other mods in particular you'd like to see this tested with? I always at least use G3 Fixpack and BG2 Tweaks, so they'll be there.

Edited to add that I'll be an elf. I'm almost always an elf of a half-elf, anyway :-)

Archived