Question to CHAIN2

jastey

So, just to sum up, here's what's available today:

CHAIN: A multi-participant dialogue opcode that supports state triggers, WEIGHT, transition triggers (aka "Conditional CHAIN"), DO actions, and which can end in an EXIT, a pointer to another dialogue state, or a complex transition list which can include REPLYs.

CHAIN2: Legacy function from original Weimer DC. Supports two participants ONLY, no triggers, and requires long-form entry and exit states.

CHAIN3: Synonym for CHAIN.

Yep. I know I've mentioned to you in the past that you can save a keystroke and just call it CHAIN. :(

It does not have to be logical, lol. By whatever reason I always feel like spelling it with 3 when I EXTERN in and out of a bigger banter and without when it is a stand-alone... But i will try tomorrow to kick the habit now that I know the drammatic history behind it.

Yep. I know I've mentioned to you in the past that you can save a keystroke and just call it CHAIN. :(

It does not have to be logical, lol. By whatever reason I always feel like spelling it with 3 when I EXTERN in and out of a bigger banter and without when it is a stand-alone... But i will try tomorrow to kick the habit now that I know the drammatic history behind it.

Nothing wrong with that.

So, just to sum up, here's what's available today:

CHAIN: A multi-participant dialogue opcode that supports state triggers, WEIGHT, transition triggers (aka "Conditional CHAIN"), DO actions, and which can end in an EXIT, a pointer to another dialogue state, or a complex transition list which can include REPLYs.

CHAIN2: Legacy function from original Weimer DC. Supports two participants ONLY, no triggers, and requires long-form entry and exit states.

CHAIN3: Synonym for CHAIN.

I didn't even know there is a "CHAIN3". Maybe because I started to code after "those days"? :(

Archived