Xvart Village disaster

Strontium Dog

I installed only the mildly increased random encounters component of SCS1, and now the xvart village is so overrun with xvarts(and numerous bears) that it's absolutely impossible to get through it, with vast numbers spawning instantly immediately after I'd eliminated several with fireballs. I have triple-classed F/M/Ts or F/M/Cls, at 5th level, roughly, but I was only able to get through by using enablecheatkeys() and pressing y to kill them. The only way I could get through that village would be to have a 9th level mage/sorcerer with the cloudkill spell and several additional scrolls of that spell.I propose, therefore, that the SCS mod doesn't enhance this area in any way.

@Strontium Dog

There are several ways at this point to kill those Xvarts without using Ctrl + Y. As you're able to cast second level spells, you could use Stinking Cloud. Another option would be to use a recharged Wand of Frost, courtesy of a tree stump in the Nashkel Mines exterior area.

You could also sneak/walk invisible through the Ankheg caves to get a Wand of Fire.

Lich

@Strontium Dog

There are several ways at this point to kill those Xvarts without using Ctrl + Y. As you're able to cast second level spells, you could use Stinking Cloud. Another option would be to use a recharged Wand of Frost, courtesy of a tree stump in the Nashkel Mines exterior area.

You could also sneak/walk invisible through the Ankheg caves to get a Wand of Fire.

Lich

Stinking cloud would affect my PCs as they passed through it, incapacitating them at low levels(unless, I used one of the mod-added spells such as otiluke's force helm which is only available at c.5th-6th(?) level). If my characters were above 6th level, they wouldn't automatically die after entering a cloudkill spell, though they would suffer damage, while the xvarts would be killed instantly, being of low levels.

Fireball didn't work so wand of frost/fireball wouldn't work either. The trouble is that the xvarts instantly respawn after being hit.

I'd thought that respawning was blocked in the big world project, since my current game has no respawning creatures(AFAIK - at least, I didn't have the usual gnolls respawning in the gnoll stronghold, which is a relief).

Guest Guest_amazinggameguru_*
:(
The trouble is that the xvarts instantly respawn after being hit.
... the trouble might be that you haven't killed the village leader...

BP does have a component that changes the xvart village, don't know if you have that installed

Archived