Revised Summons Discussion

Raiken

Oh my...I just discovered something that I completely ignored.

The summoning cap works worse than I thought, it doesn't take into account if the summoned creature is effectively died, it takes into account the summoning spell's supposed duration.

E.G. If you summon 5 skeletons (which last up to 8 hours) you can't summon another one for 8 hours even if these 5 have been destroyed!!! :worship:

I really don't think so...sorry to doubt, but something like would have been encountered more often i would've thought, it certainly doesn't happen to me in my game, I don't have any cap remover. Or do you mean 5 of the same type of creature only? I haven't tested that scenario, but I can summon skeletons, they die and can then rebuild to the cap of 5, not say only 3, because two of the now dead skeletons are regarded as counting towards the cap...you may wanna recheck this one.

Oh my...I just discovered something that I completely ignored.

The summoning cap works worse than I thought, it doesn't take into account if the summoned creature is effectively died, it takes into account the summoning spell's supposed duration.

E.G. If you summon 5 skeletons (which last up to 8 hours) you can't summon another one for 8 hours even if these 5 have been destroyed!!! :worship:

I really don't think so...sorry to doubt, but something like would have been encountered more often i would've thought, it certainly doesn't happen to me in my game, I don't have any cap remover. Or do you mean 5 of the same type of creature only? I haven't tested that scenario, but I can summon skeletons, they die and can then rebuild to the cap of 5, not say only 3, because two of the now dead skeletons are regarded as counting towards the cap...you may wanna recheck this one.

I've just tried any combination...my statement remain valid...thus the question may be: "what the hell is causing this"?
:p
Did I say something about removing it from the lesser creatures... :worship:
Well...it's not that simple anyway...pehaps DavidW or aVENGER can correct me but I thing the "summoned gender" is also used by scripts to detect summons and use Death Spell, removing the cap would cause the AI to act stupidly against summons.
which creatures are you summoning? Are them SR's ones?
4 SR's shadows (6th level) then priest's skel warrior.

Killed one shadow, summoned Kitthix.

Chopped another shadow, summoned 2nd skeleton.

Chopped the spider - 3rd skelly.

Etc.

WTF indeed...

removing the cap would cause the AI to act stupidly against summons.
David stated somewhere recently that SCS checks for 'summon cap removal' of D0Tweaks' fame (which does attend arising anti-summon problems). I guess it can adjust to SR as well then. Basically, AI scripting only has to check for another gender.

Did I mention that my mod, when finally finished and released, is going to take SR in a full account? :worship:

:p
Did I say something about removing it from the lesser creatures... :p
Well...it's not that simple anyway...perhaps DavidW or aVENGER can correct me but I thing the "summoned gender" is also used by scripts to detect summons and use Death Spell, removing the cap would cause the AI to act stupidly against summons.
Not if we add an OR to the check-er, and I think that SCSs could do this already to the tweaked genders of the other removers... so it's a none issue if we use the same gender "definition variant/variable", but only for the lesser creatures. That's the reason why I think the others aren't so very good, as they overpower the effect, and why I don't like to use it. :worship:

Well, as some people here have said, this is not an issue normally so maybe some other mods you have running demi, or some other odd change you made is causing this?

which creatures are you summoning? Are them SR's ones?
4 SR's shadows (6th level) then priest's skel warrior.

Killed one shadow, summoned Kitthix.

Chopped another shadow, summoned 2nd skeleton.

Chopped the spider - 3rd skelly.

Etc.

WTF indeed...

Well, as some people here have said, this is not an issue normally so maybe some other mods you have running demi, or some other odd change you made is causing this?
Well...I haven't touched shadows since V2 but they doesn't work. :worship: Perhaps it's not caused by me...I'm at a loss.

Did I mention that my mod, when finally finished and released, is going to take SR in a full account? :p
Which mod? :p

After really too many tests I've found out what's causing it...last place where I would look for an issue!

To fix a problem with charmed allied creatures I've added to all V3's scripts this block (suggested by aVENGER long time ago):

IF

!StateCheck(Myself,STATE_CHARMED)

!Allegiance(Myself,EVILCUTOFF)

!Allegiance(Myself,ALLY)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

Ally()

Continue()

END

Removing this block (which is needed though) summoned creatures behave again as they should, allowing new ones to be summoned when destroyed up to the cap again, without having to wait spell duration to expire. Does anyone have a clue about this?

While we're at scripts, I've run into an issue two hours ago

IF
 ActionListEmpty()
 !Allegiance(LastSeenBy(Myself),GOODCUTOFF)
 Detect([EVILCUTOFF])
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
AttackOneRound(LastSeenBy(Myself))
END

in dvmelee. If summoned by enemies they may start whacking said enemies, not PCs. ToD's cave was full of salamanders lying dead, just because a couple of Invisible Stalkers got them faster than I did.

I feel that IF ~See(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))~ THEN RESPONSE #100 ~AttackHoweverYouPrefer(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))~ END may be enough, as they're just melee grunts, nothing more.

After really too many tests I've found out what's causing it...last place where I would look for an issue!

To fix a problem with charmed allied creatures I've added to all V3's scripts this block (suggested by aVENGER long time ago):

IF

!Allegiance(Myself,ALLY)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

Ally()

Continue()

END

Removing this block (which is needed though) summoned creatures behave again as they should, allowing new ones to be summoned when destroyed up to the cap again, without having to wait spell duration to expire. Does anyone have a clue about this?

What happens if you replace "Ally()" with "ChangeEnemyAlly(Myself,CONTROLLED)"? (Or possibly other EA choices)

IF

!Allegiance(Myself,ALLY)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

Ally()

Continue()

END

What happens if you replace "Ally()" with "ChangeEnemyAlly(Myself,CONTROLLED)"? (Or possibly other EA choices)

It doesn't work either. :worship: Is it due to the script still running when the creature die?! :p
Is it due to the script still running when the creature die?! :worship:

Possibly. Try using this and see if it helps:

IF
!StateCheck(Myself,STATE_DEAD)
!Allegiance(Myself,ALLY)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	Ally()
	Continue()
END

I have no idea, sorry.
Well...I can limit this problem by removing the fix for charmed allies from most creatures. Summons with spellcasting abilities really need the fix because else players can't select their spells anymore if they have been charmed even for a second.

Archived