Sellable items

DeusEx

Hi, great mod btw :worship:

I have a question. Does Item revisions allow selling of normal quarterstaff's & clubs?, because I can sell them in my game and want to know why. Before someone asks, no I don't have BG2Tweak's sellable items installed.

Hi! Yes I should have included that feature within IR. I thought it was more a fix rather than a tweak, am I wrong?
Hi, great mod btw :worship:

I have a question. Does Item revisions allow selling of normal quarterstaff's & clubs?, because I can sell them in my game and want to know why. Before someone asks, no I don't have BG2Tweak's sellable items installed.

Hi! Yes I should have included that feature within IR. I thought it was more a fix rather than a tweak, am I wrong?

The reason why a quarterstaff and club are not sellable is that you buy and sell them at the same price, which does go against the market rules for every other items that is sellable in the vannila game.

So no, I don't think you should make quarterstaves and clubs sellable.

The reason why a quarterstaff and club are not sellable is that you buy and sell them at the same price, which does go against the market rules for every other items that is sellable in the vannila game.

Well then, he can make the merchants sell it for 2GP and buy it for 1GP (used staff's & clubs) :worship:. Besides it's not like it matters much, who in the world is going to gather staffs & sell them for 1GP.

Well then, he can make the merchants sell it for 2GP and buy it for 1GP (used staff's & clubs) :worship:. Besides it's not like it matters much, who in the world is going to gather staffs & sell them for 1GP.

While your proposal would be perfectly fine by me, I must tell you that it is not that the tweak is unwelcome because it's exploitable. The tweak would be unwecome becuse it would break internal pricing consistency.

By the way, it's not only clubs and quarterstaves but also slings.

Let Demi raise their base price to 2 (slings) and 4 (quartersteves and clubs) so that it would be fine to make them sellable for a lower price.

The tweak would be unwecome becuse it would break internal pricing consistency.
Hardly imo. Who in hell would try sell you a club for higher price than it really is when you can just as well walk to the nearest tree and get a fine one for yourself? Nothing immersion-breaking I'd say.
The tweak would be unwecome becuse it would break internal pricing consistency.
Hardly imo. Who in hell would try sell you a club for higher price than it really is when you can just as well walk to the nearest tree and get a fine one for yourself? Nothing immersion-breaking I'd say.

It's not just the matter of a club (which is anyway a bit different than a brench taken off a tree) but also a sling or quarterstaff that are items that need to be manufactured. It's absurd to think that in the game you can get one such item for 1 GP and sell it for the same price.

It is immersion-breaking and inconsistent.

There are only two logical solutions: either you keep things like they are in vanilla (they cost 1 GP and can't be sold) or (better) you raise the price for these items.

Let Demi raise their base price to 2 (slings) and 4 (quarterstaves and clubs) so that it would be fine to make them sell-able for a lower price.
That would be very bad idea.icon3.gif

There are only two logical solutions: either you keep things like they are in vanilla (they cost 1 GP and can't be sold) or (better) you raise the price for these items.

Inconsistency has nothing to do with this, what has is that every PC has the item at first(quarterstaff, in BG1), and it's the worst item at the game in regards of damage out put and speed(again in BG1).

Now, if you are willing to do a market redo mod that has such a component, go a head, but do not re-tweak a tweak. :worship:

Or we'll just use the old tweak...

Clubs, slings, and quarterstaves are worth exactly 0 gp in the pnp game, they don't require hard work and any level 1 adventurer can make one with his own hands in little time. That being said, who cares? How many times do people actually buy or sell mundane clubs, or even worse ruin the market consistency buying and selling back multiple times mundane clubs? Let me guess, never.

There are only two logical solutions

and this is bs

Clubs, slings, and quarterstaves are worth exactly 0 gp in the pnp game...

There are only two logical solutions

and this is bs

That said by you has for me the same value of your PnP staves....

Let Demi raise their base price to 2 (slings) and 4 (quarterstaves and clubs) so that it would be fine to make them sell-able for a lower price.
That would be very bad idea.icon3.gif

Inconsistency has nothing to do with this, what has is that every PC has the item at first(quarterstaff, in BG1), and it's the worst item at the game in regards of damage out put and speed(again in BG1).

Now, if you are willing to do a market redo mod that has such a component, go a head, but do not re-tweak a tweak. :worship:

Or we'll just use the old tweak...

It is inconsistent once you create an item that has the same buy and sell value (ever wondered why clubs, staves and slings can't be sold in the vanilla game???).

Bioware has adopted a market policy in the game that follows this simple rule.

And also, how would that be a bad idea?

(ever wondered why clubs, staves and slings can't be sold in the vanilla game???).

Ever wondered why the vanilla game has been modified for years with patches, fixes and tweaks?

I wonder why you felt the need to put three question marks at the end of the sentence as well, are you screaming at your video while arguing on internet? don't do it.

That said by you has for me the same value of your PnP staves....

Hey really chill, you can have a point but don't become all wet and red in face while trying to defend the immersion-break and inconsistency of a heavily modded single player game.

Archived