Sellable items

DeusEx

It is inconsistent...
But it's not if we take it as the staff costs 1 gold piece(the original price)... and it's not because... no matter what the percentage system says off the ration to be, 1/1000 is still more than 0, so it's 1. This is all because of technically we can't implement the 1/x system. Well, truthfully we don't want to- Or if you wish to do so, you have to implement it to every price... making the costs and prices go haywire if even one is off, if it was modified after. And there is a reason why the money can only be =(2^X)-1. Because if it were more, the system would return back to 0 either way.

PS: I don't remember which number the X is, but it's not that big that everyone can S%&/# with it. Or nail t to the ground.

Keep the tweak.
Yes.
I ask a simple question and a skirmish breaks out. This makes me feel good
And it's not even IA that we're discussing :worship:

I certainly can see why storekeep may refuse to buy a staff (like he needs it) yet would charge PC for one (in case the last is lazy enough to find a tree). But the inability to sell the stuff (even as worthless as the subjects being discussed) imo as bad as much. Well, FMPOV even worse.

:worship: , I ask a simple question and a skirmish breaks out. This makes me feel good. :p
You should join the evil alliance. Ahh, but it's no longer there cause we broke it cause of our hatred. Darn I wish I could hated you. :p

And it's not even IA that we're discussing ;)
Fortunately I decided to dial down one of my very nice replies, cause I noticed it having the sound of an insult...

I certainly can see why storekeep may refuse to buy a staff (like he needs it)
Well, the quarterstaff is actually very good weapon especially as it's made of wood, not of steel which is rotting in the Sword Coast. And no, the characters should not be able to make one just out of thin air.
(ever wondered why clubs, staves and slings can't be sold in the vanilla game???).

Ever wondered why the vanilla game has been modified for years with patches, fixes and tweaks?

I wonder why you felt the need to put three question marks at the end of the sentence as well, are you screaming at your video while arguing on internet? don't do it.

That said by you has for me the same value of your PnP staves....

Hey really chill, you can have a point but don't become all wet and red in face while trying to defend the immersion-break and inconsistency of a heavily modded single player game.

First of all, people on Internet don't express rage and anger with a raw of question marks (which expresses stupefaction) but with caps. You better read some netiquette pages since it does seem you need it (remember being scolded by Demivrgvs for being rude and offensive to lac in one post?)

Second, just don't quote me. I put you already on PM ignore and I do wish the same here as well: bug off.

Again about the sellable items: what's the point of duplicating the same BG2 Tweaks component?

Making slings, quarterstaves and clubs sellable would be reasonable only if you'd do it differently from BG2 Tweaks since that BG2 Tweaks component and IR are perfectly compatible.

Second, just don't quote me.

just to piss you ass :worship:

edit: sry for topic hijacking DeusEx, anyway I though you had your answer already, now it's time for nerds to bitch a bit about such inane game issues.

Again about the sellable items: what's the point of duplicating the same BG2 Tweaks component?

Making slings, quarterstaves and clubs sellable would be reasonable only if you'd do it differently from BG2 Tweaks since that BG2 Tweaks component and IR are perfectly compatible.

As much as I would like that component to stay put, it is perhaps doable to make it as an extra component. It could be there were other likeminded with Salk.

You better read some netiquette pages since it does seem you need it
You might also wish to read them too, had you a good source you would know that:

Peole usually cut their quotes when the other stuff in unneeded, and that double posting is deplorable. And people do write mistakes unporposefully, and you should still try to understand them.

:worship: Well, I am more sorry to Mike1072 and Demivrgvs, than to DeusEx, but that's just me.

The problem here is that you're all taking the internal pricing rules as an end in themselves, rather than a means to an end.

The end, of course, is to generate profit for the merchant. And it's well known that stacking a few cheap popular items at knock-down prices (say, no more than the price they'd buy it from you at) is a great way to draw in custom and encourage adventurers to consider those nice expensive items further up the ticket.

Archived