New BAMs for spells

yarpen

P.S It also took me ages to understand what was representing Holy Smite bam, and I still haven't figured out what the hell is Flame Strike bam (I doubt it's a match...a striked match! :) )

Holy Smite bam seems quite clear to me: a fist coming down from a cloud. As for Flame Strike, note that the "match" is conical, so I guess it is a focalized beam that causing sb to ignite ;)

Ehm...I just discovered I was interpretating the concept in a completely different way. :) I though the low part of the jaw was a neck, and that what you intended as the eye was the open mouth for me. ;)

If I were you I wouldn't add details like cracks, these bams aren't suited for details imo.

I'd like to know players opinions too.

I'd also like others opinions, always useful (where's D.U. Bertie and guest_guest when you need them!).

I haven't touched bams for a few days again...but I can see the flaws now after a few days - my eyes just do not pick out the differences after a while if i've been staring at these bams for too long in one stretch but I can see now the quality isn't up to scratch.

I can also see what you thought the bam represented, yeah...my idea was exactly what you subsequently realised; it's just a skull and that's the jaw open that wide. Hence why i emphasised laughing skull so much!

Anyways, I can see how you imagined it and actually that may be better (with a neck)....or at least adding a neck to what i envisage as being the skull. I'll have to look into it at some point, but i cannot guarantee anything (i, er, just "discovered" morrowind and am giving that a whirl). You have my not so good bams, maybe yarpen's one if he's done one in time and if "worst" comes to worst using the vanilla summon skeletons bams. I say this because I read your post saying you're perhaps nearing releasing V3 and just messing with spells and effects, and it's just to say please don't hold it on account of me; i'm too flaky these days! You can always add such things later, it's not as though it's some bug to fix...just aesthetic!

Anyhows, good luck and I hope it comes soon, I honestly cannot wait.

A quick question though, will it be useable with tutu aswell?

Allright, the fifth revision of create undead, hopefully fine:

preview5.jpg

Baldr055.jpg

Baldr056.jpg

Baldr057.jpg

I probably am doing myself no favours by putting that monster summoning icon comparison...at least in regards to the stone look one (makes my one look way too dark). Keep in mind that these vary a fair bit in texture though and so the in-game screenshot is perhaps a better comparison since it shows the icon next to various other ones (Of course, even that may still show mine to be sub-par...).

I'm really sorry but I'm not capable of finishing these BAMs right now. Most of time I'm spending on running official BG2 polish website, translations and RL :/ If someone can use my earlier work and properly end it - he got my permission. Mine bamworking needs a lot of time because I dunno how to use photoshop and just workin' on them pixel-by-pixel :/ I've tried but failed to do a proper "stone" BAM - in this topic you can find clean version which would be easy to remake into scroll.

Sorry for that. :rolleyes:

This is the final version of create undead:

Baldr062.jpg

Baldr063.jpg

Baldr064.jpg

Slight changes made to all three types of bams, but mainly the in-game stone bam, which i'm happy with now. Hope you all like them.

Here's the actual .bam files:

http://www.2shared.com/file/6743509/cd1f49...teUndeadC2.html

http://www.2shared.com/file/6743513/34d191...teUndeadA2.html

http://www.2shared.com/file/6743514/aab504...teUndeadB2.html

I'm really sorry but I'm not capable of finishing these BAMs right now. Most of time I'm spending on running official BG2 polish website, translations and RL :/ If someone can use my earlier work and properly end it - he got my permission. Mine bamworking needs a lot of time because I dunno how to use photoshop and just workin' on them pixel-by-pixel :/ I've tried but failed to do a proper "stone" BAM - in this topic you can find clean version which would be easy to remake into scroll.

Sorry for that. :rolleyes:

I get the feeling you're maybe looking at me with that. Well, I'd like to take a break again, but send me the stuff you have via PM and at least it's there if and when I get the urge. Again, it may well sit there a while guys; i'm not explicitly stating that I will do it, and at least not soon. You've all been patient and not rushed me at all so I doubt it'll be a problem this time either.

Thanks and regards.

Is this fire trap spell a priest/druid spell, or a mage spell, or both?

And, unrelated to bams but...how does it actually work, is it just a toned-down 'delayed blast fireball'?

It's a second-level druid spell, the equivalent of Glyph of Warding. I think this description is accurate:

Fire Trap

Level: 2

School: Abjuration

Sphere: Elemental (Fire)

Range: Short

Duration: Special

Casting Time: 1 round

Area of Effect: 20' radius

Saving Throw: Breath half

This powerful trap harms those who enter, pass, or open the selected area or object. It can be used to guard a small bridge, to ward an entry, or as a trap on a chest or box. Any creature violating the selected area is subject to the magic it stores.

When the spell is cast, the priest weaves a tracery of faintly glowing lines around the warding sigil. When a creature comes within 15 feet of the trap, it is triggered and explodes, damaging every enemy within a 20 foot radius. The damage inflicted is equal to 1d4 points of fire damage per level of the caster (up to a maximum of 10d4). Those who a roll successful saving throw vs. breath at -1 will receive only half damage. This spell will not harm party members.

Thanks Mike.

Oh, and...er, on a minor note:

Baldr065.jpg

Baldr066.jpg

Baldr067.jpg

:rolleyes:

I have no druids (where's Jaheira when you REALLY need her, eh?) in this little test party of mine that you've all no doubt seen once too many times, so the next best thing is Viconia with one of her level 2 spells being replaced.

(In case anyone's wondering, it was poor old find traps that got the chop to make way for fire trap...yeah...I don't do irony.)

Thanks Mike.

Oh, and...er, on a minor note:

Baldr065.jpg Baldr066.jpg Baldr067.jpg

:rolleyes:

That stone version looks great - do you have the .bam files for these?

This is the final version of create undead:

Thank you. :) I hope you don't mind that I tried to do a bit of editing on them. I had to get rid of the cracks unfortunately since I couldn't get them to work on the stone background.

create_undead.png

Archived